Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Redskins Trying to Land Cutler (Updated)

MarkMissoula

Get it done Danny! The first big move that actually makes sense!

For all of you who thinks waiting around for JC is the solution, have fun with that. If you have an opportunity to get a franchise QB, then you do it, end of story! Jay Cutler fits the WCO mold and is smarter in reading defenses and understanding football than JC.

I hoped JC could have worked out, but this would put our team much further ahead. There is no doubt Cutler can and will be a franchise QB. There is still a huge question mark on JC.

My prediction is two firsts and next year's second. At least.

Denver just has to keep saying no until Danny goes nuts.

Haha well if it's confirmed that we're after Cutler, Campbell might get pissed and pull a Cutler on us. Then we'd be left with Colt as our QB next season. REJOICE!!!!!!!!!

Haha well if it's confirmed that we're after Cutler, Campbell might get pissed and pull a Cutler on us. Then we'd be left with Colt as our QB next season. REJOICE!!!!!!!!!

I think Colt might be part of the deal as well. Seriously. McDaniels likes him more than JC.

I'll take that an excellent 2nd option. Anyway you slice it, Campbell is history.

Trading for Cutler would really tick me off. I know 90% of you all are JC haters, but why can't we FOR ONCE have patience and develop our own talent. Doesn't anyone out there have any loyalty and root for the guys that bust their ass on each and every play? Is there nobody who enjoys watching players progress and develop into good players? Surely there has to be someone who enjoys pulling for JC and wants to keep a character guy and a hard worker on the roster?

I will concede that right now Cutler is the better player. But everyone here always BLASTS the FO for "going for the big name player" and laments all those moves because they never work. We would not be getting Joe Montana folks. We'd be getting a guy who has one more win in his career than JC. And Cutler has had a much better o-line in terms of pass protection and a better receiving corps. This guy is not a definitive answer to all our problems.

I would have a hard time rooting for a guy who whined his way out of Denver because his feelings got hurt. Granted, Denver's staff handled it wrong, but you have to wonder about this guy's psyche. He's also had a war of words with Philip Rivers. He also thinks he is Brett Farve and enjoys the "gun slinger" mentality. Don't get caught up in the hype about Cutler...he has not won ANYTHING.

I want to see what JC can do. All of you haters would have given up on Ryp before the amazing 1991 season if this blog existed then, and that would have proven to be absolutely stupid.

Stop and think about it. Give our guy a chance to get to the next level instead of mortgaging the farm (again) by trying to score another big name. Cutler is not necessarily the answer and we don't need another transplant to come and save us.

JC, some of us in 'skins land appreciate your efforts and are rooting for you, and we hope all of these rumors are based soley on Snyder's track record of trying to make the big splash, and instead merely belly flopping.

I'm with you 100%.

I think Colt might be part of the deal as well. Seriously. McDaniels likes him more than JC.

I've read a couple posts of yours this evening where you say McDaniels doesn't want Campbell, Denver will want Colt, etc... So, where are you getting this? You have an inside source you would like to tell us about?

You gotta give us a little bit, bc otherwise I'm just assuming you're spouting bs.

I've read a couple posts of yours this evening where you say McDaniels doesn't want Campbell, Denver will want Colt, etc... So, where are you getting this? You have an inside source you would like to tell us about?

You gotta give us a little bit, bc otherwise I'm just assuming you're spouting bs.

Yeah especially with the NFLN TA saying that Denver likes Campbell.

if its on picks ... which it sounds like noway does danny get out done

Call Danny crazy, but I see him sending 2 1st and a 2nd round pick in 2010 or 2011. Campbell has been exposed to Cutlerization and I don't see him in a Redskin's uni next year.

I think Burgold (I think, sorry if I'm wrong) said the same thing about him liking CB better than JC.

It's true. It would take forever to explain, but it involves going back to quotes from last year and some insider info from two weeks ago.

So if they are trying to get a 2nd for Campbell, does that mean a 1st and 2nd for Cutler? Or even next years 1st as well? Please NOOO!!!!

i bet my bottom dollars that is what they are trying to do that is the broncos asking price 2009 first secound and a 2010 first..

And a o-line with 4/5 starters are 30plus

bloody hell

I've been hearing this since the rumor started. Got a friend connected to Redskins park. Sometimes he's fool of crap, sometimes not.

But I believe LavarLeap confirmed this.

Archived