Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Redskins Trying to Land Cutler (Updated)

MarkMissoula

I agree that you must factor in cost. But I also don't believe for a second that Cutler is going to cost two first rounders.

And as for whiz-bang top QBs' date=' if Cutler comes here, name three NFC QBs who are better....

Brees....yes....Romo sits to pee?....nah....Eli?.....nah? He would be pretty much a lock for Pro Bowl in this conference, where the QB position is currently an abortion.[/quote']

Manning. Romo sits to pee. Warner. McNabb. Hasselbeck.

Rogers could be.

Whether you agree or not, one thing is clear. Three QBs in our own division are better than our QB.

As for Cutler, he's got a lot of talent and can be very productive as a player. No question about that. But, at this point, a number of QBs have done MORE for their teams than he has done for his. Until that changes he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Washington gets: Cutler, T. Scheffler

Cleveland gets: Campbell, Wash. #2 2010

Denver gets: B. Quinn, C. Rogers, F. Davis, Wash. #1 2009, Wash. #1 2010

????

I may have been closer to the possible truth than I thought:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=284461

"The Browns were involved in three-way trade talks Thursday that would've sent quarterback Brady Quinn to Denver, the Washington Examiner reported.

The deal involved the Broncos, Redskins and Browns, and the source said it was close to happening at one point during the day. Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, who ended up being traded to Chicago, told a CBS affiliate in Denver that he was headed to Washington."

Yikes. I'm betting that Denver would have jumped all over the trade as proposed in my original post, but apparently Vinny and the Danny, bless their clueless little souls, actually refrained from a walk down the wacky path and proposed something less than ludicrous. Whew!

Archived