Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Redskins Trying to Land Cutler (Updated)

MarkMissoula

Wrong. Look at all the stable franchises in the NFL.

Indy = Peyton Manning

Eagles = McNabb

NE = Brady

Pitt = Rothlesburger

How good were these teams before they found a franchise QB? Im sick and tired of everyone giving franchises like NE a bj because they are so great. They found a franchise QB. Its VERY hard to do. Once you do that, you are a genius because its easy to be stable and win consistently. Every other team shuffles and plays patchwork games to win. Yes you can win ONE year, but to be consistent and be in contention every year you NEED a franchise QB.

Ok lets see

Manning=SUPER BOWL WIN

MCNABB=SUPER BOWL BERTH

BRADY=MULTIPLE SB WINS

BIG BEN=2 SB WINS

CUTLER=NO PLAYOFF BERTHS

i'm sick and tired of fans like u who have no clue....pitt, eagles, pats and colts also keep daft picks and build teams around thier QB's unlike the washington redskins.

Ok lets see

Manning=SUPER BOWL WIN

MCNABB=SUPER BOWL BERTH

BRADY=MULTIPLE SB WINS

BIG BEN=2 SB WINS

CUTLER=NO PLAYOFF BERTHS

i'm sick and tired of fans like u who have no clue....pitt, eagles, pats and colts also keep daft picks and build teams around thier QB's unlike the washington redskins. Here is a newsflash for u...Cutler is not in the same league as those qb's u mentioned and because of his attitude might be closer to the jeff george league

He was probably talking about Cutler's QB Rating NUMBER compared to Campbell's QB rating NUMBER. Two separate numberS compared to each other.

You lose. That is pure spin and you're not even listening to the show. In the last segment he went on to delineate how the numbers equal out. He included the rating among the other stats. In order to cover for JC17 he pointed out that the td to int ratio down the stretch last year was equal for both.

Ok, I can see how a spin meister would see fit to cover for another one. Sort of an "honor among thieves" thing you got going there.

velocet

Don't forget Cutler doesn't want to leave Denver. Then factor in the extra cash to pay this guy. It will be a disaster. This team will not make the playoffs if this trade is made. Fill the holes that need filling. QB is not one of them!

THANK U!!!! I feel the same way. They need to look at the WHOLE OFFENSIVE LINE, not just the QB position. Cutler IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!:doh:

What if it's possible to keep our 13th for this year and still get Cutler?

Would people go for that?

i would be for it, but snyder wants a franchise qb so throw that out the window 13 and next years number 1 is gone we are not drafting in round one to 2012..that is pathetic

and pray to god we do not get hit with tampering by Roger Goodell

i would be for it, but snyder wants a franchise qb so throw that out the window 13 and next years number 1 is gone we are not drafting in round one to 2012..that is pathetic

and pray to god we do not get hit with tampering by Roger Goodell

we aren't getting hit with tampering.

Really difficult to see how that could happen in any scenario. Have you got a way that could happen in mind?

It all hinges on what the Broncos want. If they want a QB, then maybe:

Broncos get:

Jason Campbell

3rd Round Pick 2009

1st Round Pick 2010

Redskins get:

Jay Cutler

Or, if they want picks and they will go after Sanchez:

Broncos get:

2nd Round Pick 2009 (if we can trade JC - get another team involved)

3rd Round Pick 2009

1st Round Pick 2010

Redskins get:

Jay Cutler

[Keep] 1st Round Pick 2009

*I have no clue what the Broncos want and I know their supposed asking price if 2 first round picks. If we can come out of this with our 1st round pick this year and Jay Cutler, we win, period.

Ok lets see

Manning=SUPER BOWL WIN

MCNABB=SUPER BOWL BERTH

BRADY=MULTIPLE SB WINS

BIG BEN=2 SB WINS

CUTLER=NO PLAYOFF BERTHS

i'm sick and tired of fans like u who have no clue....pitt, eagles, pats and colts also keep daft picks and build teams around thier QB's unlike the washington redskins.

Wow. You completely missed my point. Franchise QBs are extremely rare to come by. So rare in fact that the Redskins havent had one for 30 years. Some franchises have only had one or two in their entire history.

Jason Campbell is a wonderful gentleman, but he is NOT a franchise QB and never will be. He is a game manager. We have a shot at a franchise QB who is only 25. I say we take it.

The longer that this drags on could mean that our FO might be doing something right...

I have no insider knowledge, but it is possible that each team involved in the discussions could be balking at two No. 1s. If we can get away with only one No. 1 and a reasonable package for Cutler, then kudos to the FO.

It all hinges on what the Broncos want. If they want a QB, then maybe:

Broncos get:

Jason Campbell

3rd Round Pick 2009

1st Round Pick 2010

Redskins get:

Jay Cutler

Or, if they want picks and they will go after Sanchez:

Broncos get:

2nd Round Pick 2009 (if we can trade JC - get another team involved)

3rd Round Pick 2009

1st Round Pick 2010

Redskins get:

Jay Cutler

[Keep] 1st Round Pick 2009

*I have no clue what the Broncos want and I know their supposed asking price if 2 first round picks. If we can come out of this with our 1st round pick this year and Jay Cutler, we win, period.

I believe that since we are talking about the front office of the Redskins they will most certainly be trading away the #13 pick this year and something next year as well.

The sticking point for denver may be if they are ok with Simms. It would seem to me that they are if they are willing to trade Cutler

The longer that this drags on could mean that our FO might be doing something right...

I have no insider knowledge, but it is possible that each team involved in the discussions could be balking at two No. 1s. If we can get away with only one No. 1 and a reasonable package for Cutler, then kudos to the FO.

Or it could just mean that Snyder is holding a garage sale to raise enough for a trade! :hysterical:

Either way. I love Snyder :D

i bet my life, we will not trade for cutler. i just dont see it happening. we keep our picks, trade JC for a 2nd & maybe even a 4th. trade back with NE, get their 1st & 2nd & mayb even 5th. pick up sanchez (if he drops) and in the second pick up connor(OLB) & an Oline with the other 2nd.

Ok lets see

Manning=SUPER BOWL WIN

MCNABB=SUPER BOWL BERTH

BRADY=MULTIPLE SB WINS

BIG BEN=2 SB WINS

CUTLER=NO PLAYOFF BERTHS

WE build our team around the draft...just, not OUR draft!!! lol

i bet my life, we will not trade for cutler. i just dont see it happening. we keep our picks, trade JC for a 2nd & maybe even a 4th. trade back with NE, get their 1st & 2nd & mayb even 5th. pick up sanchez (if he drops) and in the second pick up connor(OLB) & an Oline with the other 2nd.

i think the only way that happens is if some other teams gets Cutler. Otherwise I think the skins really want him if you believe just about every media article and outlet

This is the redskins we are talking about...The same team that traded a hall of fame CB for a RB and decided to throw in a 2nd rd pick too, the same team who traded a 2nd for taylor, the same team that gave a 3rd round pick for Lloyd, a 4th for kendall...if this trade goes down it will end up being for more than we ever expected

This is the redskins we are talking about...The same team that traded a hall of fame CB for a RB and decided to throw in a 2nd rd pick too, the same team who traded a 2nd for taylor, the same team that gave a 3rd round pick for Lloyd, a 4th for kendall, and my personal favorite the same team that traded up for Jason Campbell days beofre the draft not even knowing if he was going to be there and now wants to trade him and more picks for another unproven qb...if this trade goes down it will end up being for more than we ever expected

Archived