Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC: Redskins Trying to Land Cutler (Updated)

MarkMissoula

I don't remember other people's reactions to that at the time. I can only speak for myself and I didn't mind. I knew that JC was progressing and learning the system.

Then trust me, you and I were in the minority, my friend. There were plenty of people calling for his head after that.

You have to be kidding. You think Denver is going to give up Cutler for our 1st and a 6th round QB who has never taken a snap in a regular season NFL game? Even a 1st and Campbell probably wouldn't be enough considering how many teams are probabaly interested. It would probably be at LEAST a 1st, Campbell and a 2nd.

No Im not kidding. The only teams that are willing to trade their first this year are Tampa and NY, both lower than our pick. I think the Redskins are trying to get more value for Campbell right now, by trading him to a third team. We might have to throw a 3rd next year or something along those lines, but Im telling you its not much more than what I said...

Detroit has already balked at trading #1 for Cutler straight up.

Tampa has #17 and no QB

Cleveland has already said no to #5 and Quinn

Trust me, it wont be for as much as you think...

Number one: we're talking about the Redskins front office here. All the Broncos have to do is say no until Snyder makes them an offer they like. He wants Cutler and he'll pay any price.

Number two: the Broncos know trading Cutler is a PR disaster. They know they need to get a buttload in return and fortunately for them, Snyder is interested.

At least two firsts.

JLC was just on Comcast and it sounds like the Skins are shopping Jason separately as well. He mentioned trying to get a #2 for him. What does that say? Well that tells me Jason is not going to Denver or if he doesn't they have a back up plan to move him.

He also said the Skins are very active in this and DS, VC and Zorn are bunkered down at Redskin Park. Very interesting.

Detroit has already balked at trading #1 for Cutler straight up.

Tampa has #17 and no QB

Cleveland has already said no to #5 and Quinn

Trust me, it wont be for as much as you think...

I tend to agree based on what has happened thus far. I would not be surprised to see Campbell and the 13th for Cutler. Toss in a late round pick or Brennan and it probably gets done.

Number one: we're talking about the Redskins front office here. All the Broncos have to do is say no until Snyder makes them an offer they like. He wants Cutler and he'll pay any price.

Number two: the Broncos know trading Cutler is a PR disaster. They know they need to get a buttload in return and fortunately for them, Snyder is interested.

At least two firsts.

One: Pure anti-Snyder bull****. Getting redundant and annoying.

Two: Its been a PR disaster for awhile now. They need to make a trade and move on. They already played their hand. They cant keep him now. Leverage is not as strong as before.

At least two firsts.

I actually think that you're right. I don't think it will take 2 first rounders though. As in #13 this year and conditional 1st depending on the Skins record next year. I am thinking more like the #13th this year and 3rd next.

I wonder if the Broncos even want Jason Campbell. Or the Lions... Or the Browns.. I know they aren't going to accept Colt. They may as well draft Sanchez with #13

I'm going to suspend judgment until the terms of any deal that happens come out. I would like to stay put with Campbell, but if we make a trade with conditions highly favorable to us, then I won't complain. But I feel pretty safe in predicting that won't happen, and that we will be taken to the cleaners.

I recently re-watched the Dallas game of week 4 on NFL network. If anyone else was watching, they would see we already have a good quarterback.

Here is my personal trade scenario that I know isn't possible due to salary cap ramifications and its complexity (but I think it's interesting): I would trade Campbell, Portis, and next year's first, for Cutler and the 12th pick. If the value wasn't there, then I would maybe add this year's third into the trade (or Anthony Montgomery).

I'd use the 12th pick to draft Knowshon Moreno to replace Portis. With the 13th, you draft A. Smith, or Michael Oher if they are there. If not, you use it to trade back and pick up more picks like you would anyway. This deal would swap Campbell for Cutler, Portis for Moreno, without us giving up a 1st this year. It doesn't seem that favorable for the Broncos I know, but they do get that future first, and they get a proven RB (when they have none) and solid QB (when they can't keep their own), plus maybe a 3rd or Montgomery. It's not a bad deal--it's just that I think Portis' salary makes him impossible to trade.

One: Pure anti-Snyder bull****. Getting redundant and annoying.

Two: Its been a PR disaster for awhile now. They need to make a trade and move on. They already played their hand. They cant keep him now. Leverage is not as strong as before.

I hope you're right.

But I'll stand by prediction that it's going to take more than the 13th pick and JC or Colt to land Cutler.

A lot more.

I'm going to suspend judgment until the terms of any deal that happens come out. I would like to stay put with Campbell, but if we make a trade with conditions highly favorable to us, then I won't complain. But I feel pretty safe in predicting that won't happen, and that we will be taken to the cleaners.

I recently re-watched the Dallas game of week 4 on NFL network. If anyone else was watching, they would see we already have a good quarterback.

I hope Denver was watching.

If he was a good quarterback, we wouldnt have to watch ONE specific game, we could just watch any game from last year...

Per PFT about 10 minutes ago

Rumors Fly Of Redskins’ Efforts To Move Campbell

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2009, 10:26 p.m.

Amid reports that the Washington Redskins are actively pursuing a trade for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, we’ve caught wind of rumors that the Redskins are trying to trade current starter Jason Campbell.

We need to emphasize that this is a rumor, and we’re currently trying to nail down whether or not it’s an accurate rumor.

Campbell is under contract through 2009. Talk of signing him to a new contract subsided significantly after his strong start to the 2008 season faded into something less than that.

my lord would this be awesome.

Then trust me, you and I were in the minority, my friend. There were plenty of people calling for his head after that.

Just wait until the cry baby cutler is on the side line after throwing his 4th interception in a half and Cooley, Landry and Campbell are tearing it up at mile high ..

If this goes through I will for the first time wish for the Skins to fail because this is a dumb move of the highest degree ...

There could be a 3 team trade, with JC going to some team, we get their 2nd rounder, and we send Colt, our first this year, and next year, to Denver for Cutler.

I think that's an awful lot to give up, just as I think the 49ers are giving up an awful lot in their deal, especially when Denver wants/has to trade.

Wherever Cutler goes, he's going to have very, very high expectations made of him.

Per PFT about 10 minutes ago

Rumors Fly Of Redskins’ Efforts To Move Campbell

Posted by Mike Florio on April 1, 2009, 10:26 p.m.

Amid reports that the Washington Redskins are actively pursuing a trade for Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler, we’ve caught wind of rumors that the Redskins are trying to trade current starter Jason Campbell.

Trying to get a 2nd for him.

Per John Clayton a few min ago on football tonight radio show ...

three players in cutler sweepstakes: Detroit, Chicago, Skins

His guess on who lands him: SKINS

Per John Clayton sa few minutes ago on Football tonight radio show ..." we cannot confirm the Redskins are in the running...."

Just wait until the cry baby cutler is on the side line after throwing his 4th interception in a half and Cooley, Landry and Campbell are tearing it up at mile high ..

If this goes through I will for the first time wish for the Skins to fail because this is a dumb move of the highest degree ...

Where the **** is Milnrow? Anyways, Cooley and Landry can't be traded. Their contracts are too hefty.

There could be a 3 team trade, with JC going to some team, we get their 2nd rounder, and we send Colt, our first this year, and next year, to Denver for Cutler.

I think that's an awful lot to give up, just as I think the 49ers are giving up an awful lot in their deal, especially when Denver wants/has to trade.

Wherever Cutler goes, he's going to have very, very high expectations made of him.

The 49ers deal was made up, it was part of an April Fool's joke. I'm sure that they are players here, but that specific deal was a joke.

Archived