Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Official Quitting Smoking Thread

Titaw

UPDATE:

So this Saturday was hell for me, but in a good way. I had my Fantasy Baseball Draft that was held at a buddy's house. Well the majority of the league smokes (7 smokers / 5 non-smokers). I knew I was going to subject myself with it and I thought that it would be the best test of my will power, but to my surprise it wasn't. As I watched everyones smoking like chimneys I realized that there was nothing enjoyable about smoking a cigarette. I also realized that I didn't need cigarettes nor want cigarettes, the only reason I smoked for so long was because it was routine.

It was hell because the smoke KILLED me!!! My eyes burned, I was coughing constantly, and it was truly difficult to breathe. Now I realize what I put everyone through when I smoked. BTW, some smokers are the most disrespetful people on the planet with a complete disregard for the non-smoker sitting right next to them.

I said this Saturday night and I stand by it, I will NEVER smoke another cigarette again. I really feels good for me to say that.

Smoke free for 12 days and counting!!!!!!!

It sounds like you followed my advice. Am I wrong?

I was a pack a day guy and then last May, I decided to quit cold turkey....the first month was tough...drinking golfing driving make it seem impossible....but I promise you will be so happy you did. I sleep better, breath easier and feel better overall...

Good luck!

Some may wonder what triggered you to quit. Well, two Sunday's ago I bought two pack of cigarettes and it cost me nearly $15!!! Needless to say, the health aspect didn't scare me but 15 bucks a day (my wife smoked as well) was not worth it. Today is day six and I feel so good about myself. I still get cravings, but I am breaking the habit. I know it takes time, but I know that I never want cigarettes to rule my life again.

That is what is going to be my trigger when I quit. It has gotten ridiculous how much the government exploits smokers to fund their programs. At least you quit for your own reason and because you wanted to rather than others trying to pressure you to quit. The hardest parts for me will be when I drink and when I am just sitting around socializing with my family. Between electric bills and the price of cigarettes, one of them is going to cause me to go broke!

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

Wednesday will be one month for me and it has been WAAAAAAYYYY easier than I expected. The sceret to quitting, for me was a book that JeffSchmeff recommended.

link to Amazon for the book:

The Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Allen Carr

This book is wonderful. If you want to quit, but don't think you can. Buy the book, It's only 10 bucks!!! Read it and take it in, don't worry about quitting before you start reading, by the end of the book you will be a non-smoker, as long as you read it with an open mind.

Awesome Titaw :applause:

Glad you found something that works. It's amazing how much better you feel, isn't it? Without all of that poison circulating thru your blood/lungs all the time- I know for me I felt completely different (better).

Also, no more waking up every morning with a sore throat and cough.

*UPDATE*

Wednesday will be one month for me and it has been WAAAAAAYYYY easier than I expected. The sceret to quitting, for me was a book that JeffSchmeff recommended.

link to Amazon for the book:

The Easy Way To Stop Smoking by Allen Carr

This book is wonderful. If you want to quit, but don't think you can. Buy the book, It's only 10 bucks!!! Read it and take it in, don't worry about quitting before you start reading, by the end of the book you will be a non-smoker, as long as you read it with an open mind.

I could tell from JeffSchmeff's first comment that this was where he was going. I quit smoking 3 years ago today (it's my birthday, that's how I remember) by listening to this book on CD while taking my daily commute. It absolutely works.

The best thing about it is that you really don't have to do anything. You just stop smoking. You don't have cravings or get grumpy because you come to realize that you're not giving up anything.

If anyone wants to quit smoking, this is absolutely the best way to go.

Is it true that those arm patches give you sex dreams?:paranoid:

Not just sex dreams, but generally ****ed up dreams...

It was AWESOME when I did it... Although I'm a full time smoker again now...

I LOVED sleeping while I was quitting... Some really vivid dreams and very rarely nightmares... But this was also about the time I watched "A Clockwork Orange" for the first time...

chantex. thats all it takes

I was intrigued by chantix, but when I researched it and I foud out it was effing with your brain, no thanks. They still don't know the long term effects of the drug. Some researchers are linking it with MS. Not my idea of a good time.

Let alone the documented deep depression leading to suicidal tendancies.

Buy the book, read it in a few sessions on the throne and as long as you follow the directions you will quit.

Is it true that those arm patches give you sex dreams?:paranoid:

No sex dreams, but the patch gave me technicolor dreams.....kind of like waking up in Munchkin land. The dreams were so vivid with detail I never wanted to wake up. With that said...the patch sucks and never helped me.

I quit four years ago with the Commit lozenge....it's the best quitting aid out there.

Archived