Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Westbrook36 hates: March Madness

Westbrook36

COULDN'T care less....you couldn't care less!!!

No, he could care less, because if he did, he wouldn't have wasted bandwidth on this thread.

As for the OP, if you don't like watching the tourney, don't watch it. If you don't like playing office pools, don't play them. It's an easy enough concept. If you don't like to talk to people that don't know that much about sports but want to participate in sports conversations, you should just stay away from sports and siciety all together. How many Super Bowl parties this year had at least one person there that couldn't tell you the difference between Larry Fitzgerald and Larry The Cable Guy?

I enjoy March Madness and I really like being in a bar the night of the championship game, sitting next to a guy that won his office pool that night and buys drinks for everyone. That happened to me last year.

:rotflmao:

selection Sunday is the best day of the year. And the NCAA tourney is only the best tournament in the history of sports. Ever. It's exciting enough to make my heart beat a thousand times a second when a game is coming down to the wire even when it's between two teams I don't care about.

I actually do agree with some of what Westy says. I love March Madness, but i hate when all people do is talk about their brackets and who their sleepers are and all that. I don't mind discussing the games and who I think will win, and yes I make my own bracket, but I don't go around trying to shove it down peoples throats. Office pools are fun but you know it's always that one chick who picks teams based on their colors or mascot that ends up winning it every year. :(

Because baseball is a dying sport in this country??

BTW, who in the hell watches hockey?? Baseball will join it in the public's basement soon enough.

Go to a pro hockey game.

It's the closest experience I've found to a college basketball game. (Being played at the same venues helps.)

Hockey, even more so than basketball, really requires you to see the whole court (rink), to see the big picture. (line changes, players waiting for the puck to cross zones, etc.).

You won't regret it. :cheers:

Leave hockey out of this. Hockey's ratings have surged since the lockout. Did you know the NHL has better attendance numbers in major markets such as Philadelphia and Chicago than the NBA? The NBA and MLS have a better chance of disbanding than the strong, resurgent NHL.

To some extent the media, not only ESPN, overhypes March Madness. I was watching a game on the first Saturday of March and Gus Johnson goes ,"WELL GUESS WHAT MONTH IT IS OH MAN" when a good game was going on. No ****, I know it's March, I know the tournament is coming up.

And it's not about the pools either. Sure, I participate in the pick'ems and what not around here and other forums, but when the games go on I watch for the upsets and close, competitive contests.

The reason March Madness is great is the same reason as the NFL playoffs: one and done. Each game matters and there are no second chances. Every game is a game 7 of an NBA series.

If they implement a playoff system in college football, it will be even more popular for the same reason. Baseball is dying in popularity because a single game almost has zero importance.

I actually do agree with some of what Westy says. I love March Madness, but i hate when all people do is talk about their brackets and who their sleepers are and all that. I don't mind discussing the games and who I think will win, and yes I make my own bracket, but I don't go around trying to shove it down peoples throats. Office pools are fun but you know it's always that one chick who picks teams based on their colors or mascot that ends up winning it every year. :(

Ummm, why's it gotta be a chick that does this??? Sorry but there are just as many dudes who don't know **** about teams or the sport but who still create brackets and sometimes do well.

Villanova and Temple are tournament-bound though.

Philly has always been a strong college basketball center, St. Joes, Temple, Nova, Penn, etc. Shame they're taking the Spectrum down.

True but I don't think any of them have a realistic shot at a title or maybe even a Final Four trip. But there are dark horses every year.

Are you serious? The only reason they're televised is because of the outcome of office pools? GTFOH!!

March Madness is when these kids start playing the arse's off. This is when you notice who'll be tearing it up in the Pros.

These kids aren't even playing for money, they're playing to win. How can you not like March Madness.

Archived