Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Doughty, Redskins agree to 1-year deal

SkinsMaster88

I like having Doughty back. Very good special teamer, and it adds someone with experience at both safety spots, as well as someone who has had a few starts. I'm very confident in a safety group of LaRon Landry, Chris Horton, Reed Doughty and Kareem Moore. I could see another project being drafted or signed as an UDFA to the practice squad though, but this unit is all set for this season.

My sons 4, even though we live in Cowboy country I hope one day to have a son that loves the game as much as yours does. Great story, keep the Redskins tradition alive :applause:

Wow Brother what a complement. Thanks.

A Redskins fan raising your boy to be the same in Cowboy country??!!!

Now that is impressive!! Give em hell down there and good luck!!

I'm glad to see one of my favorite players is back.

Reed isn't the most physically gifted player in the league but he is smart player a hard worker and a sure tackler.

People bag on him for his coverage skills but while i'll agree he isn't ever going to be Ed Reed, he has high football IQ.

The image below is from last years preseason game against the Jags.

Starting in place of the injured Landry at FS, Doughty ,(the guy that supposedly isn't good against the pass), played center field FS that game and guess what?.........

Garrard also played three series, going 5-of-8 for 58 yards with one touchdown and one interception.

The pick was by safety Reed Doughty, one of only two Redskins defensive starters who didn't get the night off..

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=117547&provider=rss

358x283.jpg?center=0,0

Welcome back Reed!

the Cobra Package:

2698343456_9f011087f2.jpg?v=0

+ Kareem Moore

340x.jpg

I like our depth and quality at Safety postion

Please humor me here guys....

My 11 year old son has been a Skins fan since birth (no thanks to me I am sure). When we heard the news about T.O. being cut I was happy but after a few minutes my son said "Dad don't you feel bad for Owens, even a little bit?"

I then told him no and used Reed's story as an example of how a guy worked so hard, his hearing issues and his son's illness and he was still cut by our beloved Redskins. That is the type of player you should feel bad for I told him.

It will really make his day when I tell him Reed is back. It has made mine.

Good move....

Thanks for sharing redrobert, that's a cool thing to be able to share with your son. I'm glad Reed is back as a backup, special teamer and high character guy.

Doughty, who had been in negotiations with the Redskins and agent Dave Butz Jr. while also talking to "a couple of other teams," expects to battle second-year safety Chris Horton for a starting role while resuming his role on special teams.

:hysterical:

What do you want? A former starter to come in and not compete-- what kind of idealogy is that? I think this helps Horton, who fell off himself at the end of the year. What this team needs is a competitive atmosphere.

I think this is a very classy move on behalf of our organization. I think some people forgot how Doughty played with tremendous heart and emotion after Sean's passing. I believe this kind of heart should be rewarded. I also think he'll become a stud on special teams and a very sound back up at both safety positions.

Though I do like this signing and think that Doughty is a tough nose player, I think he'll most likely be cut during training camp...

Reed has an uphill battle for sure..but this guys whole life has been an uphill battle...I hope he makes the team but the NFL is a business and with Landry,Horton and Moore I don' know if we keep all 4 of them.

I like Reed I think he is a good guy.... I just don't think he is the 2nd coming of Jesus at safety....He plays hard works hard and has heart...all great qualities BUT on the field he is a liability in coverage AT BEST. He plays the run ok I guess but he def gets lit up in coverage....The funny thing is last summer man you would have thought we had 21 back there again the way people were talking about him...

Archived