Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Doughty, Redskins agree to 1-year deal

SkinsMaster88

Glad to hear the prognosis on his back holding up isn't going to hinder a real good guy.

To quote from the great man, Reed is a "core Redskin." Maybe's not the best athletically, but for sheer heart and application, a great influence to all to have around.

And a very competent back-up that can be relied upon when called.

Very happy were keeping him around.

Hail.

I guess this means we're not bringing back Green, but I wonder if it says anything about Moore. I'd like to see Moore challenge Horton for the starting job since Blache seemed to be pretty high on Moore from right after the draft....but I still remember Moore's mistake on a blitz in the Rams game.

doughty is dreadful!! i'm talkin archuleta bad..... how desperate are we:doh:

He's good against the run and a good tackler...he's not great in coverage but that's what we got Hall, Rogers, Horton, and LL for....Can be a special teams stand-out....We'll never have to worry about his heart or character.

doughty is dreadful!! i'm talkin archuleta bad..... how desperate are we:doh:

How fast we forget what Reed did for this team not even two years ago. I think he deserves a bit more from this fan base.

Doughty is a better tackler, has more heart, is more dedicated to his craft, and helped keep this team together after Sean passed.

We could do a lot worse than Reed (Torrence for example). Despite his shortcomings in coverage, the guy is a solid tackler. Plus, as a Teams guy, you know what you get with him. It doesn't hurt ot have a guy like this on the roster. You don't need the flashy guys at every position or even as backups . . . you need guys who do their jobs without complaining and are just happy to be playing the game they love.

Lol Doughty sucks, there is no arguing around that

Yeah. You brought forth such a compelling argument, that it's hard to argue around it. Posts like this which just flame and have no substance behind them suck, there is no arguing around that.

Read the other posts. He's a back-up, he's great inside the box on run downs, he's a great special teams player, his teammates all like him, voting for him to receive the Ed Block Courage award, he has high character, and he signed for barely over $500K for the year.

Yeah. You brought forth such a compelling argument, that it's hard to argue around it. Posts like this which just flame and have no substance behind them suck, there is no arguing around that.

Read the other posts. He's a back-up, he's great inside the box on run downs, he's a great special teams player, his teammates all like him, voting for him to receive the Ed Block Courage award, he has high character, and he signed for barely over $500K for the year.

He hasnt done anything productive for us, I dont care if people like him or not, dude is terrible at coverage. You can get any guy to come in at safety and make a tackle on the running back.

Thank god for Horton cause I dont ever want to see Doughty in there, cause that is a pretty much automatic 7 for the other team

He hasnt done anything productive for us, I dont care if people like him or not, dude is terrible at coverage. You can get any guy to come in at safety and make a tackle on the running back.

Thank god for Horton cause I dont ever want to see Doughty in there, cause that is a pretty much automatic 7 for the other team

BS. Doughty filled in after ST passed away and helped get team to the playoffs.

There's more to being a safety than just coverage. I mentioned his other contributions, but of course you ignore them and just focus on one area which isn't his greatest strength because all you care about is chiming in worthless commentary just to trash the man.

Yeah, "pretty much an auotmatic 7 for the other team." Whatever dude. Talk to me when you can actually discuss something realistically, instead of like a middle-schooler.

Great reasoning behind that one. There's other aspects to being a safety other than coverage, and we already have one of the best in LaRon Landry anyway. So, if Doughty comes in, he's probably not going to have to play in coverage anyway, unless both Landry and Chris Horton are injured.

So, I guess I just fail to see your reasoning when we have re-signed Doughty to a $500,000 contract, and we get a great special teams player, a guy who is a blue-collar worker and has starting experience. Yeah, definitely a bad signing for the Redskins.

That's funny, his stats say Doughty played the run much better than his counterpart in '07. Doughty was also never trucked by Jacobs, unlike Landry.

That's funny, his stats say Doughty played the run much better than his counterpart in '07. Doughty was also never trucked by Jacobs, unlike Landry.

haha, that's just stupid.

doughty plays hard, but he sucks in coverage. i'm all for the sap crap about his heart and his motor, blah blah blah, but if he lets up big plays. he's a liability on the field. he's good covering the run, good on teams, but seeing him on the field the opposing qb's eyes must get wide. i just hope our starters don't get hurt.

Archived