Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help Me Become a 'Morning Person'

RedlightG20

Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)

• U-29 - Carrie Underwood
    • U-29 - Christina Aguilera
    • 30+ - Carolina Ardohain
    • 30+ - Sara Varone
    • Athlete - Melanie Adams
    • Athlete - Karina Petroni
    • Classic - Raquel Welch
    • Classic - Jayne Mansfield

I'm terrible at waking up in the morning. I'm often in a rush to get to work because I stay in bed until the last possible second. Many mornings it just seems impossible to get out of bed and get ready for the day.

I have three alarms to wake me up--two on the clock radio and one on my cell. When the first alarm goes off, I usually get out of bed, walk over to turn it off (and usually I turn off the second alarm before it goes off making it completely useless anyway), then I stay in bed until the cell alarm goes off, which I normally hit snooze a few times or outright turn it off and stay in bed for a little longer.

My first alarm is set to go off around 6:30am. I have to leave the house around 7:10-7:15 to be at work on time at 7:30.

During the week, 11pm is normally the latest I stay up to, but even if I do get to bed earlier, say, around 10pm, I'm still worthless in the morning.

I want to become a morning person. I know I'm lazy for turning off my alarms and flopping back into bed, but I just can't help it. Maybe once a week I'll get up when I'm supposed to so it is possible--but most of the time it's not.

Not only do I want to stop being in a rush to work every morning, but I also want to work out in the mornings before I go to work, so I need to be up and ready by maybe 5:30-5:45am, which right now seems impossible!

Please help me!

wake-bacon-open.jpg

http://dvice.com/archives/2008/07/wake_n_bacon_is.php

Alarm clocks are a necessary evil. They're necessary because, well, you need to wake up in time for work, but they're evil because they wake you from a restful slumber with a harsh, horrible noise. There's just got to be a better way to wake up in the morning.

Say hello to the Wake n' Bacon. Simply put a frozen strip of bacon into it when you go to bed. 10 minutes before you're supposed to wake up, it'll start cooking the bacon. The smell will waft out, waking you up to the odor of sweet, sweet hogfat. If you don't wake up, a small alarm will go off. Sure, that's annoying, but at least your bedroom will smell like bacon, right?

Seriously, get a coffee machine with a auto-start feature. Coffee is the only thing that helps me in the morning.

I also have a hard time waking up in the morning. I think that I have been getting better recently. I used to be late to work by 10-15 minutes regularly. Now I get to work no more than 5 minutes late but it is usually right on time.

I once used three alarm clocks. My girlfriend hated it so now I only use my cell phone. I still set it about half an hour early so I can hit the snooze button a time or two.

I'd love to be able to wake up an hour or so before I have to leave my house though. I could read the morning paper, drink a cup of coffee and watch a little TV.

I regularly woke up for collegiate classes at 6 AM, but one of the main reasons to do so was taken off the air in a radio format change. I'm easily awakened by the clock radio I have though, I noticed you used 3.

I usually can get going with a little splash to the face from sink water, and then a few minutes of forum surfing.

I'm terrible at waking up in the morning. I'm often in a rush to get to work because I stay in bed until the last possible second. Many mornings it just seems impossible to get out of bed and get ready for the day.

I have three alarms to wake me up--two on the clock radio and one on my cell. When the first alarm goes off, I usually get out of bed, walk over to turn it off (and usually I turn off the second alarm before it goes off making it completely useless anyway), then I stay in bed until the cell alarm goes off, which I normally hit snooze a few times or outright turn it off and stay in bed for a little longer.

My first alarm is set to go off around 6:30am. I have to leave the house around 7:10-7:15 to be at work on time at 7:30.

During the week, 11pm is normally the latest I stay up to, but even if I do get to bed earlier, say, around 10pm, I'm still worthless in the morning.

I want to become a morning person. I know I'm lazy for turning off my alarms and flopping back into bed, but I just can't help it. Maybe once a week I'll get up when I'm supposed to so it is possible--but most of the time it's not.

Not only do I want to stop being in a rush to work every morning, but I also want to work out in the mornings before I go to work, so I need to be up and ready by maybe 5:30-5:45am, which right now seems impossible!

Please help me!

Put your alarm clock in another room. Make sure it is loud enough that you can still hear it. I use my cell phone.

That way you have to get up out of bed to turn it the **** off. Actually getting up out of bed is 3/4 of the battle.

If you get out of bed, walk to another room, turn the clock off, walk back to your bedroom and get back into bed, then you are just one hopeless lazy sonofa****. :)

Put your alarm clock in another room. Make sure it is loud enough that you can still hear it. I use my cell phone.

That way you have to get up out of bed to turn it the **** off. Actually getting up out of bed is 3/4 of the battle.

If you get out of bed, walk to another room, turn the clock off, walk back to your bedroom and get back into bed, then you are just one hopeless lazy sonofa****. :)

That's me, I get up and turn the SOB off and then hop right back into bed.

I get up earlier than I have to. Being rushed in the morning is the worst, so I like to take my time.

I have an alarm with two alerts on it, one annoying ass beep and then a radio. I set the beep off first about 10 mins before the radio. I turn off the beeper and get back in bed and doze.

Then the radio goes off and its loud as ****. Weekdays, it comes on to DC 101 Eliot in the morning....you can't sleep through Eliot in the morning, you just can't.

So I lay in bed, listen to the radio, mess around on the laptop. I use my cell phone alarm as a backup, just in case.

I get out of bed, take my time, SSS, eat, whatever. Good way to start the day.

You'll hate mornings even more if you stay in bed till the last minute and rush around. That's the absolute worst and sets a bad tone for your day.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Yup. It's a fact and it also is a much longer lasting help unlike the sugar liek burst coffee gives you followed by the caffeine crash.

One thing coffee is extremely good for however is asthma. If you ever forget your inhaler drink coffee.

Then the radio goes off and its loud as ****. Weekdays, it comes on to DC 101 Eliot in the morning....you can't sleep through Eliot in the morning, you just can't.

Eliot does sound like a cackling hyena.

Yup. It's a fact and it also is a much longer lasting help unlike the sugar liek burst coffee gives you followed by the caffeine crash.

One thing coffee is extremely good for however is asthma. If you ever forget your inhaler drink coffee.

After 10 years of intense study on the subject of coffee, i hereby call :bsflag:

Do you sleep in a lot on the weekends? Do you usually follow the same schedule on weekends and weekdays?

It sounds like your body doesn't have a schedule that it can follow. They key is you need to break this habit and replace it with good habits.

So maybe put the alarm in the bathroom that way when you get up go and take a shower right away and get your day going. Maybe keep some soda or other caffeine near by for the first few weeks while you adjust.

There must be some reason your body is automatically telling you to go to sleep. Either you're not getting enough sleep or your body is use to sleeping at that specific time.

I wake up between 6am-8am weekday or weekend and it makes life a lot easier to to transition on workdays.

Eliot does sound like a cackling hyena.

After 10 years of intense study on the subject of coffee, i hereby call :bsflag:

Coffee contains alot of caffeine which is extremely similar to theophylline, an asthma medication so it helps relax the airways and reduce inflammation...you need to get educated.

I get up for work at about 4am on a weekday and 5am on a weekend. I also work at a coffee shop, so knowing I have unlimited coffee ahead of me helps.

I used to do exactly what you do every morning.

The main problem is that your bed is like some friggin crack. Just 5 for minutes maaaaan, 5 more minutes. Having enough time to do everything in the morning and getting to work on time? Pfft, nothing compared to those snoozes. Hell I even timed the absolute least amount of time it took me from my bed to the door of my work throwing on clothes, running stop signs and speeding like crazy. (the only cops I've ever seen are the ones about to walk into my store, haha!)

What I do now, is just get the **** up when the first alarm goes off. Before you go to sleep consciously tell yourself you are getting up at the first alarm. There is no snooze! When you get up, don't jump up to your feet and turn off the alarm. Sit up for a few seconds with the alarm going off. Whatever enough time is for you to remember you told yourself you're getting up. After turning off your alarm don't sit back down anywhere and don't go near your bed, you'll roll over and fall back asleep with the quickness.

Note that this battle will not be won without casualties. Trying this method will probably result in at least 3 times you just roll over back to sleep without any other alarms and are late for work. Proceed with caution. :D

Coffee contains alot of caffeine which is extremely similar to theophylline, an asthma medication so it helps relax the airways and reduce inflammation...you need to get educated.

Oh, i buy the athsma thing. I dont buy the apple thing.

Did a teenager just tell me I need to get educated? Especially about coffee? :laugh:

Archived