Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help Me Become a 'Morning Person'

RedlightG20

Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)  

404 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose 1 from each category (4 votes total)

• U-29 - Carrie Underwood
    • U-29 - Christina Aguilera
    • 30+ - Carolina Ardohain
    • 30+ - Sara Varone
    • Athlete - Melanie Adams
    • Athlete - Karina Petroni
    • Classic - Raquel Welch
    • Classic - Jayne Mansfield

Oh, i buy the athsma thing. I dont buy the apple thing.

Did a teenager just tell me I need to get educated? Especially about coffee? :laugh:

It's not completely the apple itself but the motions you go through eating an apple help as well...

Well if your friend with asthma was having an attack would you have though to grab coffee?

lol.gif

But different things work for different people, I have built up such a tolerance to caffeine that it really doesn't do that much.

Just get up and don't act like a woman..

lol WTF???

The military cured me when I was 19. My cell phone alarm is now Reveille. I'm a vampire, can work graveyard til I die..however, I have a job where I need to be there by 7:30am, sometimes 7. 30 min drive and all too.

I get up at 5:15 am. Make breakfast, read the paper....however, by the time I get home, dragging my tired ass to the gym takes effort.

You just have to make a commitment to do it. No more snooze.

Coffee is good, but so is a shower. On mornings that I want to just lay in bed, I immediately get in the shower. But, I sometimes have days like today, where after the shower, I laid back down for a few minutes. But I'm never late to work. I'm the boss...I can't be.

lol WTF???

The military cured me when I was 19. My cell phone alarm is now Reveille. I'm a vampire, can work graveyard til I die..however, I have a job where I need to be there by 7:30am, sometimes 7. 30 min drive and all too.

I get up at 5:15 am. Make breakfast, read the paper....however, by the time I get home, dragging my tired ass to the gym takes effort.

You just have to make a commitment to do it. No more snooze.

Coffee is good, but so is a shower. On mornings that I want to just lay in bed, I immediately get in the shower. But, I sometimes have days like today, where after the shower, I laid back down for a few minutes. But I'm never late to work. I'm the boss...I can't be.

What I mean is don't act like a wuss, just get up and get out of bed it's that simple, it just takes some will power, not alot....I've been doing it for over a decade.

i think you have to be born a morning person. maybe i'm wrong.

i'm a morning person. i was the annoying roommate in college who'd wake up at 8 on saturday, and start ****ing w/ you by 9 because i'm bored.

the only thing i can tell you that might work....set your alarm, don't hit snooze. get up and work out. hell for a week, tops.

You can always try the little bottle of 5-hour Energy. Or you can try this:

http://zenhabits.net/2007/05/10-benefits-of-rising-early-and-how-to-do-it/

Who knows if it works? I'm neither a morning person nor a night owl. I get up in the morning because I have too. I do recall it being almost impossible to get up early after drinking late into the night when I was in my 20's. That gets a little easier as you get older. Now, I go out drinking (not heavily) and working a karaoke show on Saturday night, get home at 3 AM and get up at 8 AM to go to church Sunday morning.

You can always try the little bottle of 5-hour Energy. Or you can try this:

http://zenhabits.net/2007/05/10-benefits-of-rising-early-and-how-to-do-it/

Who knows if it works? I'm neither a morning person nor a night owl. I get up in the morning because I have too. I do recall it being almost impossible to get up early after drinking late into the night when I was in my 20's. That gets a little easier as you get older. Now, I go out drinking (not heavily) and working a karaoke show on Saturday night, get home at 3 AM and get up at 8 AM to go to church Sunday morning.

Really? I find that I usually wake up much earlier after a night of drinking and I'm fully awake. on a normal day I struggle to get up at noon without an alarm. post-alcohol and a late night, I can get up at 9:00 am all on my own and be ready to go.

Really? I find that I usually wake up much earlier after a night of drinking and I'm fully awake. on a normal day I struggle to get up at noon without an alarm. post-alcohol and a late night, I can get up at 9:00 am all on my own and be ready to go.

:beerglass

What I mean is don't act like a wuss, just get up and get out of bed it's that simple, it just takes some will power, not alot....I've been doing it for over a decade.

woman doesn't equal wuss....just sayin.

I roll over in bed when alarm goes off, hit snooze and pop an energy pill. By the time the next alarm goes off..... I am awake.

I dont have to be at work until 11 but still like to try and get up early. This makes it tougher when you dont actually have to get up.

I also eat an apple before work and then instead of coffee during the day I drink Tea. I like it better now that I have switched but thats just me.

If you have to be at work at 7:30, wake up at and get out of bed at 6. Take a shower. Eat breakfast. DRINK COFFEE. Watch Sports Center.

By the time the evening comes, you will be tired. Go to bed at 10:30pm. And do it over again.

You have to wake up with plenty of time in the morning and also so that you are tired in the evening.

you would have loved me.

Go vote for my team in the Babe Draft #8, and I will forgive your morning-person-ness. :thumbsup:

Also, for the OP, ive always found that aside from the coffee and apples and clocks that cook bacon, it takes 2 weeks to develop a habit. This is true for almost anything, so if you really work hard 2 get up at a certain time every morning for 2 weeks, after that it will get much easier and become just part of your routine.

Then it takes one all night bender until the sun is coming up and the strippers are all passed out, then crashing until 3 pm the next day to ruin all your hard work. :cheers:

I've been a morning person for most of my life, so my perspective may be skewed some.

I think the secret is getting deep sleep. I take a nightly chewable melatonin from trader Joes and it helps me attain the deep sleep needed to function early the next day.

Also, you diet may be impacting your sleep patterns. Check into a more glycemic eating plan. The energy during the day and the deep sleep at night really will have an impact.

Archived