Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Evans signs with Niners per PFT -- OP needs to edit in a link!

LightningBuggs

Bummer, wanted him back.

well that might get us looking for a DE.

Though it occurs to me we might be waiting till post draft so we'll know who's available when we pick.

No point filling a position twice.

Good for Evans. I wanted him back, but the young man also needs to get paid.

Being that "utility" type of guy will haunt you contract wise if you can't break that barrier. I'm glad to see him cash in on all of his hard work.

well that might get us looking for a DE.

Though it occurs to me we might be waiting till post draft so we'll know who's available when we pick.

No point filling a position twice.

What about looking to some of the youngsters (e.g., Buzbee and Jacskon) we already have? Isn't that building through the draft that everyone talks so much about?

adios. We knew what we were getting with evans and I feel we would have over paid to keep him. They are not going to rely on the draft to fill in the defensive line, hopefully cerrato starts making moves soon.

As long as they aren't kneejerk moves like the Taylor trade. Unfortunately, there isn't much of a crop of FA DEs available. Olshanky's the best talent left, and he hasn't even played in a 4-3.

Same with the draft, not many player suitable to play LDE from where the Redskins pick. Tyson Jackson could make sense, but only in a trade down. There should be BPA at LB or OT if we stay at #13.

I think it's more likely that we re-sign Daniels now, and be forced to go with a stop-gap measure there.

Heard on the 49ers radio station just now that Evans signed with them. Each year we lose a few players like Evans. This reminds me of when we lost Pierce to the Giants several years ago, even though the contract for Evans is not as big as Pierce's contract.

We should have kept him. I am so tired of seeing us let certain guys go and then one or two years later these ex-Skins are doing better with their new teams. Remember Mark Schlereth going to the Broncos? There are a lot of examples over the years where the FO did not make the right moves during the off season for players not known as "star players". They gamble that other teams won't sign them and then the players agent finds other teams who are interested in signing them.

Re: Evans signs with Niners per PFT

Bummer, wanted him back.

Oops...contract was 2 years, $3.8m

10. When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources, please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the origination page/site.

Please paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two) . Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Sign CB Shawn Springs). Please see our copyright statement.

Well this one we didn't really let him walk we have him an offer and he chose the 49ers, it would have been dumb for us to try to get in a bidding war for him. He's serviceable but not worth more than he got paid.

If you think Orakpo is going to be there at 13 you are crazy. He'll be a top 10 pick.

You never know with the draft. He had a sprained knee last year and strained a hammy at the combine. If he isn't 100% by the time his pro day rolls around he very well could be available at 13. Remember, Brady Quinn was considered a surefire top 10 pick, if not higher. He went at 22.

Archived