Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Evans signs with Niners per PFT -- OP needs to edit in a link!

LightningBuggs

I bet Peppers is being discussed as we speak.

Give away next year's draft picks.....you know the routine.

Our backs are against the wall now. We only have one first rounder, no second at the moment.

That means either one top offensive lineman, and good luck on a DE, or it means a DE early.....and pray we can find an offensive lineman later that can start quickly.

That's all great and everything.....but that also means passing on a top offensive lineman.

Do we really want to see a repeat of our offensive line dying halfway through the season?

Well, if you read his sig, you would have seen Ebon Britton as his first pick.

To be honest, I expect most of the top four OTs, if not all of them, gone before the 13th pick.

So the plan was to have only one decent d-end on our roster?

They screwed up royally.

Talk about melodrama over a backup lineman...

To be honest, I'm betting that they will reup Daniels for another year and probably sign someone else in the process. There are still lots of players available.

Here comes the panic move.

Peppers maybe to try to compensate? If we can even squeeze him in.

That would imply they were counting on Evans to start. If that were true we would have resigned him prior to free agency. Probably to a 5 year $35 million dollar deal with $18 million up front. :doh:

I bet Peppers is being discussed as we speak.

They can't talk about Peppers. He hasn't signed his tender. Anyways, they don't need to trade for Peppers.

Our backs are against the wall now. We only have one first rounder, no second at the moment.

That means either one top offensive lineman, and good luck on a DE, or it means a DE early.....and pray we can find an offensive lineman later that can start quickly.

Man, so much ose in the room for letting a backup DE go...

Well, if you read his sig, you would have seen Ebon Britton as his first pick.

To be honest, I expect most of the top four OTs, if not all of them, gone before the 13th pick.

Yes.....I was referring to one of the top four.

Now we are going to have to compromise.

Either compromise the quality of our offensive lineman, compromise the quality of our DE, or give away next year's draft for Peppers.

Can you imagine this board if they give away next year's draft for Peppers?

And all of those posters that currently still believe that the FO has somehow changed....even after the JT debacle.

This could be a good thing because I'd much rather prefer us to use our remaining free agency dollars on the O-line, especially with Barnes and Willis still out there. We can address the DE and OLB slots in the 1st and 3rd round and sign Daniels back as veteran insurance.

I am glad he's gone, he was a serviceable backup but some of you are making him out to be a pro bowler.

Not an all-pro. The problem is, who is/was he backing up now?

And the poster a few up hit it.....no depth. Just pray for no injuries.

I am glad he's gone, he was a serviceable backup but some of you are making him out to be a pro bowler.

You see, that's the thing. Evans got paid like a serviceable backup. It wasn't like the 49ers gave him a ton of money.

We have Andre Carter and a bunch of guys who.... well, they're not even serviceable backups.

It's a complete joke.

I smell another panic trade coming down the pipe.

That's all great and everything.....but that also means passing on a top offensive lineman.

Do we really want to see a repeat of our offensive line dying halfway through the season?

Depends on if any top offensive linemen will be there at #13.......

Also here might be a good UFA that has a similar skill set as Evans- Anthony Weaver, DE Texans.

You see, that's the thing. Evans got paid like a serviceable backup. It wasn't like the 49ers gave him a ton of money.

We have Andre Carter and a bunch of guys who.... well, they're not even serviceable backups.

It's a complete joke.

I smell another panic trade coming down the pipe.

Don't be surprised to see our draft next year given away for Peppers.

Where is Boschetti? Can we get him back? I liked Evans but he's 30 and all that though this deal is nubbins and we could have easily afforded that. Wilson might be too small for a run stuffing DE.....I say take a flyer on Daniels and hope Buzbee pans out for the run plays and draft a youngin.

Don't be surprised to see our draft next year given away for Peppers.

I have a feeling you're right. If people here are in panic mode, Snyder must be going out of his mind. It would two take first round picks and another big contract. I'd rather stay with the pick and take my chances with DAniels, Buzbee, Wilson and Rob Jackson and Pick a DE in the draft.

Now im really starting to wonder WTF the FO is doing...

Cutting Taylor and not resigning Evans is dumber than usual for these assclowns.

It really is amazing.

Maybe they think Haynesworth can play two positions at once.

The clear lack of plan is just unbelievable.

Evans started 11 games for us this season. And had eerily similar production to Taylor. Frankly the Evans/Wilson rotation was just as good as Taylor was.

He walked to San Fran for 2 years at 3.8 mil? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like cheap money for a starting (not a star, just starting) DE. In other words, we lowballed him and lost him, didn't we? :doh:

Evans started 11 games for us this season. And had eerily similar production to Taylor. Frankly the Evans/Wilson rotation was just as good as Taylor was.

He walked to San Fran for 2 years at 3.8 mil? Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but that sounds like cheap money for a starting (not a star, just starting) DE. In other words, we lowballed him and lost him, didn't we? :doh:

Yes. We probably pissed him off. Amazing that we can lose both JT and Evans.

Archived