Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Evans signs with Niners per PFT -- OP needs to edit in a link!

LightningBuggs

Big deal. He will get 4 sacks

Haynesworth won't get more than 4 himself. His last 2 years were career years on a defense with some good pass rushers. Even with those years he averages 3 sacks a season. IMO Haynesworth won't be as dominant as Griffen was on this D in 2004.

I read this on another forum but have not seen where it was from.

Quote from Evans:

"I knew when we played in San Francisco (the final game of the 2008 regular season) that that was going to be my last game for the Redskins," Evans said. "You see how they operate in free agency, and I'm not the kind of guy they value. Guys like me, Ryan Clark, Antonio Pierce, guys who start at the bottom and work their way up, they don't keep those guys around. So, I never, never thought I would be coming back to Washington.

"I'm not that sexy defensive end. I'm not bringing that Jason Taylor appeal. But I still made the sacks and tackles. At the end of the day, though, everything happens for a reason and I'm excited for the opportunity to go to San Francisco and compete for a starting job and show them what I can do."

I can not believe that he would badmouth the Skins. Does anyone know what was offered to him by the FO?

One thing to consider a little was this was Evans contract year. Generally, players go all out and play a notch or two above themselves in a contract year. Given that, and given his history, we are losing a fine depth player, but probably not someone who is about to step into his own and be a force.

Hmm, yeah, we sure don't want to go near anyone who just came off a overperforming contract year and overpay for them right?

That was sarcasm by the way............

And that post right above mine, although pretty harsh, hits the nail on the head unfortunatley.

Evans was an average DE. He was not a every down DE. As much as I would have like to see him stay, we still need to address that position. Andre Carter was complete garbage last year. Fat Albert will make it easier for AC so hopefully we see improvement. I would love to see the Skins draft Rak(Not likely) or E. Brown. We need a stud DE that will solidify the DL and move AC back to the weakside.

Archived