Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Evans signs with Niners per PFT -- OP needs to edit in a link!

LightningBuggs

Don't San Francisco and Washington always swap each others sloppy seconds? Off the bat here are a few that come to mind....

Walt Harris

Zak Keasey

Taylor Jacobs

Demetric Evans

Derek Smith

Dana Stubblefield

Otis Leverette

Tyronne Drakeford

Ray Brown

Charles Mann

Ricky Ervins

And then we have

Brandon Lloyd

Andre Carter

Mike Rumph

Piersen Prioleau

Jeff Posey

Kevin Mitchell

Deion Sanders

Mark McMillian

Help me fill in the rest

I hope they get Igor from San Diego. I like that the Skins are quiet the longer we wait the more the prices come down on the Crowell's, June's, Willis' and any other non big name free agent.

Hes a 300 pound 3-4 end :chair: All this Igor talk in nonsense!! Grab Montgomery from the Packers, hes young and listed at 6'5" 273.

Don't San Francisco and Washington always swap each others sloppy seconds? Off the bat here are a few that come to mind....

Walt Harris

Zak Keasey

Taylor Jacobs

Demetric Evans

Derek Smith

Dana Stubblefield

Otis Leverette

Tyronne Drakeford

Ray Brown

Charles Mann

Ricky Ervins

And then we have

Brandon Lloyd

Andre Carter

Mike Rumph

Piersen Prioleau

Jeff Posey

Kevin Mitchell

Deion Sanders

Mark McMillian

Help me fill in the rest

Thank to one Vincent Cerrato, ex-49er exec.

Do we get some kind of compensatory pick out of this?

Well we have lost more FA than we've signed, haven't we? I'm not entirely sure how that whole thing works. I know it's if we lost more FA than we sign. But what if we cut them, does that matter?

Anyone?

3.8 over 2 years is nothing, regardless of what we did in the draft, he was much younger and healthier than Daniels, he could have easily started for us, he proved that last year. IMO, these are the type of role player, high quality, solid contributor types that you need to build and supplement a roster with. Wow, I am shocked that is all we would have had to match to keep him. Best of luck to him, hopefully they see something in Jackson or Buzbee and it would be nice to grab a DE in the draft. It would be great if PD could hold down the DE spot for one more year, but surely we can't rely on him for a full 16 games? I'm thinking he's a part timer.

Evans was a nice backup, but he is not a starter. The prospect of having him as our starting end is the root of the whole J Taylor saga. Clearly our F.O. does not value him as a starter. And given the contract and the price of a starting DE, the rest of the league didn't either. He signed somewhere else. I'm over it. Now let's go find a starter.

I hate that we always let these kind of locker room guys get away.

Let's not overreact here. He was a guy who spent his entire career as a backup and always had guys moved ahead of him. He's a solid contributor and I would have liked to have seen him back, but I don't see him as a huge loss.

Really curious what our plan at DE is. We dont have one player capable of playing that second DE spot right now. We cant start Wilson with Carter, the run would kill us. Hopefully an ancient Phillip Daniels (as much as I like the guy) isnt our only plan...

Evans was a nice backup, but he is not a starter.

I sort of agree, but anybody next to Haynesworth should get a boost. The contract wasn't so big that we would have been left unable to do anything else there. The FO knows this guy well, something else must be cooking. I wonder what the plan is?

I'm with you there.

:secret: see my sig

That's all great and everything.....but that also means passing on a top offensive lineman.

Do we really want to see a repeat of our offensive line dying halfway through the season?

Archived