Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's The Most You've Ever Tipped Someone?

Califan007 The Constipated

Both in terms of relative to your bill, and just overall? For example (these aren't mine, just throwing numbers out)...

Example of first: tipping $10 on a $20 charge/bill

Example of second: tipping $50 on a $300 charge/bill

God only knows what I've tipped some people when I'm closing out my tab at the end of the night :doh:

I tipped the 1st mate on a charter fishing boat $200. So I guess that's my biggest, though it's fairly standard.

As for largest %, I don't know. I rarely go below 20%. I'm a good tipper. If I get bad service and I can't see a good excuse for it, I go 10%. If I get bad service but I can see it's not the waitress' fault, I still go 20%

And I mostly tip waitresses more than waiters. I don't like waiters.

i think i tipped like $120 or so bill for ~$600....

it was my first time taking my entire family out for dinner after I got my first pay check out of college...

its kind of a tradition thing for Koreans to either buy the parents a gift or take them out for dinenr or something like that to thank them for raising you...

man the steaks at Morton's were good...

$50 on a $20 bill.

The girl was someone I've known for the longest time. I always had a crush on her but she's more of a sister to me now. We went to school together and even on a missions trip with each other.

She was having problems and trying to save for a car and I tried to help the best I could.

Well, in terms of relative to bill, the number would be infinite.

It's nice to have friends that are bartenders. I've tipped $200 on $0.00 tabs before. :)

I didn't count those times- but I don't think I've ever thrown in $200 for a buddy's tip. More like $50, tops.

I tipped the 1st mate on a charter fishing boat $200. So I guess that's my biggest, though it's fairly standard.

As for largest %, I don't know. I rarely go below 20%. I'm a good tipper. If I get bad service and I can't see a good excuse for it, I go 10%. If I get bad service but I can see it's not the waitress' fault, I still go 20%

And I mostly tip waitresses more than waiters. I don't like waiters.

I agree, 20% is the minimum I tip. I typically experience good service, and if its bad, it is usually the place being understaff, which then I will say something to the manger like "My waitor/waitress did they best he/she could considering how busy and understaffed the place was tonight. But you need to have more people because I won't be coming back for a while because how bad the service was"

When I go to Denn'ys, and they give me really good service and the bill is only $14-$20 for me and my girlfriend, I'll give a $10 tip.

I usually give a higher percentage tip when I go to cheaper restaurants. I try to tip more based on time/service than just total bill price. Similarly, if I'm at a restaurant w/ friends and we just order some apetizers and a few drinks but we're holding up the table for hours, I'll tip big.

EDIT: unless the service was horrible

It's interesting that nobody will ever admit to being a bad tipper. I've seen threads like this in the past, and the results are the same.

Everyone's a high roller, everyone's a big tipper.

However, talk to anyone who has waited tables for a living, you hear a completely different story. lol- I guess it's like being a bad driver. They're everywhere but nobody will ever admit to being one

It's interesting that nobody will ever admit to being a bad tipper. I've seen threads like this in the past, and the results are the same.

Everyone's a high roller, everyone's a big tipper.

However, talk to anyone who has waited tables for a living, you hear a completely different story. lol- I guess it's like being a bad driver. They're everywhere but nobody will ever admit to being one

Well the thread is attracting people who have tipped well wouldn't you say? After all, it is asking "whats the MOST you have ever tipped":D

As an ex waitor and delivery guy, I always tip well.

I experienced worse as a pizza delivery guy than a waitor.

Archived