Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl 43 Thread: Steelers vs. Cardinals

Big Weirdo

Bordering on criminal that the last play wasn't reviewed. His arm was hit but he still had his hand on the ball and propelled it forward. Incomplete pass. Steelers had an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the play, so the Cards should have had one play from around the 30 yard line. With Fitz, Boldin, and Breaston, anything could have happened.

Regardless, that play should have been reviewed. Absolutely, postively should have been reviewed. Get all the players, fat-assed press, hangers-on, fans, and everybody else off the field, and review the damn play.

It WAS reviewed. Michaels said that it was and that the call stands. Do you listen? As for the play, the ball was still in his hand. There was no open hand as his hand was going forward. Do you even know what the rule is? It was clearly a fumble. And you could tell just by looking at Warner's face. He, himself, knew it was. Even had it not been we're talking about a last play Hail Mary from around midfield. Yeah, what are the chances of that happening? Steelers won the game fair and square. If you won't to blame someone, blame the Cards defense on that last drive. Horrible.

Dr. Phil could do a whole show on "parents who choose to raise kids in Philly" :cool:

He just couldn't do it in Philly cause they'd boo him, egg his bus on the way in, & throw batteries at him. ;)

And then they'd blame it on him looking to much like Andy Reid. :silly:

:silly: That's what they say; personally' date=' I think the refs stimulus package won~ the Steelers didn't win this~ the refs won this for them with their calls~

Prove me wrong ;)[/quote']

Do you realize how unfunny your "stimulus package" schtick is?

The refs called a safety-creating penalty on the Steelers in the end zone. I'd love to hear how their "payments" factor into that one. And I'm saying this as someone who was loudly rooting for the Cardinals all day.

Dan, do you think there was enough evidence to overturn? The reason I ask you this is because I will concede it was close enough to warrant a replay. However, it wouldn't have changed a thing as I think most people agree that there wasn't enough visual evidence to OVERTURN the call on the field. What are your thoughts?

Honestly, my first inclination was that it was an incomplete forward pass. He did get hit before that pass began, but he still had much of his hand on the ball and propelled it forward after he was hit. So that's one for the refs to call, and ideally it should have been reviewed. In any other circumstance it would have been reviewed. But on the biggest stage in the world, with the confetti guns already shooting off and hundreds of people on the field, the refs or someone else said eff it, it's too late to do anything about it.

I can appreciate the desire to needle the offender.:) But just for the record, we don't appreciate the giving of advice on basically how to "more successfully" violate the dupe account rule. :D

That wasn't me. That was Don T. Or maybe it was Dam T.

I think the biggest fault was not calling Santonio for his "Lebron" imitation. If they can call Wilson for being pushed into the holder and knocking him down in a pretty soft manner, they can call that.

Different ball game if the Steelers have to kick from the 15.

Arizona got jobbed all night and that last play had all of my friends and I screaming at the t.v. What a terrible ref staff. Aren't they supposed to be the best crew? Figures the Eagles fans are the only ones saying that it was a fumble.

So all those personal foul calls were the ref's fault, right? THREE on ONE drive. But the one where the guy hit Ben was kinda weak.

It WAS reviewed. Michaels said that it was and that the call stands. Do you listen? As for the play, the ball was still in his hand. There was no open hand as his hand was going forward. Do you even know what the rule is? It was clearly a fumble. And you could tell just by looking at Warner's face. He, himself, knew it was. Even had it not been we're talking about a last play Hail Mary from around midfield. Yeah, what are the chances of that happening? Steelers won the game fair and square. If you won't to blame someone, blame the Cards defense on that last drive. Horrible.

1. Yes I usually listen, but I was at a place with about 40 people talking at once, so the audio wasn't coming through too clear. If it was reviewed, the refs should have announced that.

2. Stick that condescending attitude up your ass.

Do you realize how unfunny your "stimulus package" schtick is?

Yeh, D'kan, that got a little odd after a while. :)

I was gonna tell ya to remember to keep political stuff strictly to the tailgate only, and we also appreciate it if members refrain from telling other members to "get off the board" even if you really feel it. :D

God help those dudes if you ever get your hands on a banhammer. :laugh:

1. Yes I usually listen, but I was at a place with about 40 people talking at once, so the audio wasn't coming through too clear. If it was reviewed, the refs should have announced that.

2. Stick that condescending attitude up your ass.

I wasn't trying to be condescending there. I just wanted to mention that it was reviewed because you kept bringing that up in alot of posts. And while Michaels mentioned it, you're right, they should have taken more time and looked it over before they let Pitt run the final kneeldown. We agree there. And, further, I don't think the refs cost the Cards the game. But they did seem to fall in love with the flag there a lil. That personal foul call on the guy hitting Ben late on that one play was BS.

I wasn't trying to be condescending there. I just wanted to mention that it was reviewed because you kept bringing that up in alot of posts. And while Michaels mentioned it, you're right, they should have taken more time and looked it over before they let Pitt run the final kneeldown. We agree there. And, further, I don't think the refs cost the Cards the game. But they did seem to fall in love with the flag there a lil. That personal foul call on the guy hitting Ben late on that one play was BS.

Fair enough.

I dont see how it was reviewed. The Steelers offense came on the field and ran a play.

This is one of the few games every year I get to watch in my house. The Japanese broadcasters always over analyze every play and point out the literally hundreds of non calls by the officials. The Steelers, like the Patriots before, always get away with murder all game.

I think the reason they look for all the ref screw ups over here is that they like to find fault in anything that isn't "Japanese". It's almost like watching Pro Wrestling here, entertaining, but still a joke.

Maybe the NFL should get rid of 90% of the rules since they can't all be enforced on every play which leads to picking certain times to make calls which can seem biased to the fans.

I think the biggest fault was not calling Santonio for his "Lebron" imitation. If they can call Wilson for being pushed into the holder and knocking him down in a pretty soft manner, they can call that.

Agree Ghost. Don't know if it would of necessarily changed the outcome but I think things could've been a bit more interesting. I personally don't think Santonio shouldn't be allowed to show his happiness in the way he did, but its the inconsistency that bothers me.

As for the Warner thing at the end, it does seem like that if it was reviewed, it sure wasn't extensively. I admit I haven't seen a good replay, but I think the fact that the ball flew FORWARD is interesting. Not saying that that was absolutely the result of an incomplete pass, but......the Cards on that play should quickly rolled Warner out and let him heave it down to the end zone instead of what happened.

Yeh, D'kan, that got a little odd after a while. :)

:D My bad; I am just like everyone else~ Refs that call the game fair~ :cheers: . Not only this game, but other games and, of course, ALWAYS for the Redskins :laugh: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Officiating-dictates-Super-Bowl-XLIII-to-unrevie?urn=nfl,138123

I was gonna tell ya to remember to keep political stuff strictly to the tailgate only, and we also appreciate it if members refrain from telling other members to "get off the board" even if you really feel it. :D

Got ya :)~ Too much media hype settled into my brain :D

God help those dudes if you ever get your hands on a banhammer. :laugh:

Now, Jumbo~ I don't want a banhammer, never did~ you all do a fine job of monitoring this message Board, you truly do. You Mods are wise enough to know that I make good decisions with my posting~ only a few occassions do I push back on those that think they are right (especially when they are wrong :))~ but overall, I post fairly and I try (sometimes fail) to not post in the "heat of the moment.

:cheers:

I dont see how it was reviewed. The Steelers offense came on the field and ran a play.

This is one of the few games every year I get to watch in my house. The Japanese broadcasters always over analyze every play and point out the literally hundreds of non calls by the officials. The Steelers, like the Patriots before, always get away with murder all game.

I think the reason they look for all the ref screw ups over here is that they like to find fault in anything that isn't "Japanese". It's almost like watching Pro Wrestling here, entertaining, but still a joke.

Maybe the NFL should get rid of 90% of the rules since they can't all be enforced on every play which leads to picking certain times to make calls which can seem biased to the fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj5blYOvOII

Fast forward to the end and Al Michaels does in fact say it was reviewed and ruled as a fumble.

They got really lax towards the end of the year and throughout the playoffs about calling TD celebrations.

I could easily count at least 20 spikes that weren't called towards the end of the year.

It was a quick celebration. No harm, no foul.

Either way, the defense still held Pittsburgh to 3 after that penalty was called on Wilson, so that was a non-factor, really.

Just to further make my case:

Right Foot never touched the ground. He's out.

His right foot was on the ground as soon as he caught it, then the left foot was questioned to be down, and when he spun, he dragged his left foot, it was a catch.

We had 10 people in my house all paying attention, we all questioned it too, until the replay.

That and there has to be conclusive evidence against it, which there was none based on the replays we saw at home.

Archived