Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl 43 Thread: Steelers vs. Cardinals

Big Weirdo

His right foot was on the ground as soon as he caught it, then the left foot was questioned to be down, and when he spun, he dragged his left foot, it was a catch.

We had 10 people in my house all paying attention, we all questioned it too, until the replay.

That and there has to be conclusive evidence against it, which there was none based on the replays we saw at home.

Look at my previous post page 101, with the other photo based evidence. never got that foot down.

Either way, you are correct in that perhaps it wasn't enough to overrule. You can also argue that the Cardinals should have never let them get that close to begin with.

:whoknows:

Anyone else think that the cards got ripped at the end when they ruled warners pass a fumble and gave it to the steelers??

How?? Warner got the ball hit but he never lost control and threw it, pushed it, what ever you want to call it, forward and released it. That's a incomplete pass anyway you slice it!

Cards should have had 5 sec to make another play. Am I the only one who caught that??

As for the Warner thing at the end, it does seem like that if it was reviewed, it sure wasn't extensively. I admit I haven't seen a good replay, but I think the fact that the ball flew FORWARD is interesting. Not saying that that was absolutely the result of an incomplete pass, but......the Cards on that play should quickly rolled Warner out and let him heave it down to the end zone instead of what happened.

They showed it in slow-mo and the steeler player hit the ball, it never came loose, warner kept control of it and he brought his arm forward with the ball still in his hand, in control, and pushed it forward. The steeler player had hit the ball so hard that it changed the direction warner was throwing in. \

However, he never lost control of the ball, it still was in his hand and he let it go after the ball was hit. Incomplete pass. Total and shameful display of Reffing!!

Let's be honest. The Cardinals D isn't as great as the Panther's Delhomme made them look. Their offense, when they can't get it to Fitz, isn't that impressive either. The fact that the Steelers could move the ball up and down the field at will, with an offense that wasn't that good in the regular season with their best player at 100%, is a sign that the Cards D isn't world beaters. They really only had to cover one receiver (Holmes) as it was obvious the longer the game went, the less effective Ward was going to be.

As to the calls, I thought a lot of them were BS, for both sides. The facemask against Hood (I think?) while Holmes had his hand jammed under Hood's grill shoving his head back made no sense to me as to why it would be called either way.

The better overall team won, IMO.

PF

I've been watching the sportscasters this morning and so far no one is even mentioning the poor officiating or even the controversal calls which swayed the outcome of the game.

Is there a effort to support the Steelers?? These weren't little missed calls. Holmes never made the catch and warner didn't fumble the ball??

Anyone else think that the cards got ripped at the end when they ruled warners pass a fumble and gave it to the steelers??

How?? Warner got the ball hit but he never lost control and threw it, pushed it, what ever you want to call it, forward and released it. That's a incomplete pass anyway you slice it!

Cards should have had 5 sec to make another play. Am I the only one who caught that??

It's been discussed for the last 4 or 5 pages.

I really did feel bad for the Cardinals last night. When Fitzgerald split that defense and went in for the go ahead score, I jumped and cheered as if it were the Redskins who had just taken the lead in the Super Bowl.

Sucks that it was ripped away from them. I really do believe that the better team (at least for that one day) lost last night.

Do you realize how unfunny your "stimulus package" schtick is?

DO I care? NOPE ;)

The refs called a safety-creating penalty on the Steelers in the end zone. I'd love to hear how their "payments" factor into that one. And I'm saying this as someone who was loudly rooting for the Cardinals all day.

So, we shouldn't discuss the Warner throw or the "catch" by the steelers in the endzone?

Officiating is getting worse~ Now, whether you choose to believe my "package/check", doesn't make a difference to me either way~

You just weighed in on my post to "scold" someone from flustration~ :silly: "so be it"

I've been watching the sportscasters this morning and so far no one is even mentioning the poor officiating or even the controversal calls which swayed the outcome of the game.

Is there a effort to support the Steelers?? These weren't little missed calls. Holmes never made the catch and warner didn't fumble the ball??

Guy, first off, it WAS a catch. And even if there was the slightest question, you can't overturn the call on the field, in that situation. And, by RULE, it was a fumble. Go look it up. Even had they got another play there's probably less than a 5% chance that they complete the hail mary. And the reason they weren't talking about it today is because there was no controversy. Yeah, Michaels said it was reviewed. At any rate, it should have, if it wasn't. That's about the only beef I had with the game. That, and that personal foul penalty on the guy that hit Roethlisberger. I thought that was ticky-tack. But face it, man. the better team came out on top. And I was rooting on the Cards.

I really did feel bad for the Cardinals last night. When Fitzgerald split that defense and went in for the go ahead score, I jumped and cheered as if it were the Redskins who had just taken the lead in the Super Bowl.

Sucks that it was ripped away from them. I really do believe that the better team (at least for that one day) lost last night.

I strongly disagree. Nothing was ripped away from them, man. And the better team didn't win. Move on. I can't stand the Steelers. But they deserved the win.

Thanks, man. Because I was beginning to think no one else heard him say it but me.:)

There's no way they reviewed that play in that small amount of time and had a good enough look at it to make an educated decision. If so, than that even makes the reffing look that much worse than I first thought!

Archived