Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl 43 Thread: Steelers vs. Cardinals

Big Weirdo

you are mistaken. there was a 15 yard penalty on the play for a player taking off his helmet on the field. i believe the cards would have had the ball on the 21 or 20 yard line. dont u like fitz's chances there?

maybe, but still, its asking them to get 20 yards on one play. The way they weren't movin the ball that last drive, it wouldn't have happened, or at least was really unlikely.

maybe, but still, its asking them to get 20 yards on one play. The way they weren't movin the ball that last drive, it wouldn't have happened, or at least was really unlikely.

come on dude. they at least deserved a chance. for them not to review it is ashame.

you are mistaken. there was a 15 yard penalty on the play for a player taking off his helmet on the field. i believe the cards would have had the ball on the 21 or 20 yard line. dont u like fitz's chances there?

Where the hell are you getting 20 yard line? :laugh:

You realize they WEREN'T on the 35, right?

They were on the 44.

at best it woulda gave them a chance for a hail mary, and how often do they work?

Uh dude, the Cards do have this guy named Fitzgerald, who in recent weeks has outjumped defenders for balls.

Maybe I'll have to see the replay a few more times, but it sure looked like Warner's arm was moving forward. I don't necessarily agree with the interpretation of the "tuck" rule and think they generally give QBs too much latitude in those scenarios, but I think in most instances, that is consistently ruled an incomplete pass.

Also, speaking of penalties, shouldn't Holmes have been arguably flagged for an unsportsmanlike for his "salt-shaker" motion with his hand after scoring? Now again, I'm not in favor of turning this into the No Fun League, but consistency again raises its ugly head. If Pitt had to kick from the 15 instead of the 30, may also have made things a little interesting.

Uh dude, the Cards do have this guy named Fitzgerald, who in recent weeks has outjumped defenders for balls.

Maybe I'll have to see the replay a few more times, but it sure looked like Warner's arm was moving forward. I don't necessarily agree with the interpretation of the "tuck" rule and think they generally give QBs too much latitude in those scenarios, but I think in most instances, that is consistently ruled an incomplete pass.

Tivo and tape shows~

Kurt Arm attempting to go forward, moving arm around to miss a defender~ arm goes forward, SPLAT hit ground~

But, excuse me, I am NOT an NFL stimulus paid ref~ but that is what MY tive showed ;)

oh nah, I just saw the replay. THe defender hit the ball while his arm was still going back. It was a fumble.

Yes, defender hit the arm of Warner going forward, ball hit the ground~ as Warner's arm is going forward.

Perhaps Kansas got a game show for Tivo different from the regular game? But that is what my Tivo/ tape shows

Tivo and tape shows~

Kurt Arm attempting to go forward' date=' moving arm around to miss a defender~ arm goes forward, SPLAT hit ground~

But, excuse me, I am NOT an NFL stimulus paid ref~ but that is what MY tive showed ;)[/quote']

It doesn't matter if his arm came forward or not...the ball was MOVING while he was in the motion to throw...the ball was moving BEFORE he got his arm past his shoulder...so in the rules, that would be ruled as a fumble and was the correct call. However I agree they should have reviewed it, but 99.9% it would not have been overturned.

well that game was amazing, but it sucked. **** the Steelers. Was it an incomplete pass at the end? Who knows, but who wouldn't want to see a potential hail mary attempt to Jesus himself, Larry Fitzgerald? He is the one guy who I would be surprised if he didn't make the catch at the end.

It doesn't matter if his arm came forward or not...the ball was MOVING while he was in the motion to throw...the ball was moving BEFORE he got his arm past his shoulder...so in the rules, that would be ruled as a fumble and was the correct call. However I agree they should have reviewed it, but 99.9% it would not have been overturned.

*WRONG*

Warner's arm was PAST his chest~ thus arm forward motion~ hit the ground. NOT a fumble~ forward pass. Want a copy of my TIVO tape? Steelers still suck and so did the refs~ Warner deserved better then what he was dealt. But, he wasn't in the stimulus package, now was he? ;)

well that game was amazing, but it sucked. **** the Steelers. Was it an incomplete pass at the end? Who knows, but who wouldn't want to see a potential hail mary attempt to Jesus himself, Larry Fitzgerald? He is the one guy who I would be surprised if he didn't make the catch at the end.

For a Dallas fan~ you be smart today ;)

Archived