Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OffSeason Moves Thread: POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE- DO NOT CREATE NEW THREAD

SkinsNoles21

Just curious what people think.

What picks would teams be willing to give us for Campbell? I'm not thrilled about the idea, but I think he holds a significant amount of value in the league and trading him would be VERY cap friendly.

I think we all agree that building through the draft is the way to go and regrettably we only have 4 picks this year!

I would trade Campbell yesterday if I could but he will not bring much. We may get a 4th or 5th round pick for him. I would give the job to Colt next week and start him as our #1QB in training camp. We are not a playoff team this year, so we need to see what we have prior to the draft. I would play all of our draft picks from last year to evaluate the teams true needs. Having said that I would spend all of my draft picks on the O & D line. We need to start building from the line out.

I truly think that the 2 biggest things that are different from a team like Dallas and our Skins is 1. Production from the QB on a consistent basis, and 2. Pass rush abilities

Sure, the lines definitely need work, but TONY Romo sits to pee was running for his life last night (so all you blamers of the O-Line need to try some new excuses) against the GIANTS, and found a way to get it done in the second half. I've been saying for over a year that with QB, the only stat that matters is his WIN/LOSS record. 12-14 is Campbell's right now. I say give the wonder-boy from Hawaii a shot and let's see what the kid can do in Zorn's offense

Yeah yeah yeah we got 2 games left whatever.. I'm already thinking next year. What would you like to see happen? I for one would like to see us get a little more financially responsible. If possible lets gut some of these older players.. After June 1st if need be, get their cap space off our books. We got 34 year old players making more money than 24 year old players who are better than they ever were. Lets get rid of these people.. I'm talking Springs, Griff, Taylor.

Lets load up on draft picks. Lets evaluate the talent we have and see if we can get some value for them.. Anyone on our oline, even if we only get a 4th or 5th for them.. Do it. This team needs a youth movement. Get kids in here with high motors and something to prove.. Anyone watching our defense yesterday knows this team is playing like it has nothing to prove at all. There is no pride. Maybe get a pick for JC late second early 3rd. I don't know that's a tricky one. Betts? Washington(if he isn't cut). ARE, (sorry blondie) Rock? Something to get us some youth on this team..

Load up on lower draft picks, trade them in for higher if you can.. If not draft the best talent you can.

What a lot of people don't understand is, you don't draft for need.. Any coach in the world will tell you that, especially after the 3rd round.. You draft the best possible talent at your given pick. This is how guys like Chris Horton come about. Regardless you can't totally ignore your needs come draft day and I'd hope to see at least 2 top tier o-linemen come out of the draft and some second/third round d-line help.

I would like to see us pick up a stud DT in FA.. park him right next to AC to give him help and lets see if the sacks start coming.

Kicker/Punter.. However we get these guys.. We need to quit screwing around with our special teams and start paying some real attention to it.. SS and Plakerdouche need to go. We need some real talent at these positions.

Sign and lock Hall to a 3-5 year deal.. That's just me.. he knows he's playing for a contract right now. I'm never sold on guys playing well in that situation that's why I say avoid the seven year deal. Make him prove himself first. 6 games doesn't do that in my book.

Running back.. We need a serious combination.. Betts and Portis are about the same size.. That's not fooling anyone, that's not unsettling anyone.. We need a big bruiser back like Brandon Jacobs, to spell Portis..

In a dream we'd fire Vinny and get a real GM and scouts.

Just curious what people think.

What picks would teams be willing to give us for Campbell? I'm not thrilled about the idea, but I think he holds a significant amount of value in the league and trading him would be VERY cap friendly.

I think we all agree that building through the draft is the way to go and regrettably we only have 4 picks this year!

I love this option. If only it were an option. We can trade him now with the sales pitch of it was the OL that made him look bad and maybe we can get 2 first rounds and a second for him. If the Skins gave that much up for him surely some other team will. Bahahahahaha

Unfortunately the front office of the Skins are the only ones so stupid to do something like that.

Where is Marty today? How many playoff games has that guy won? I think Snyder was kind enough to let Schottenheimer finish the season... Lavar Arrington saved the season. We would've been 0-6 without Arrington intercepting the ball against Carolina and returning it for a TD.

What a great team Marty built... Tony Banks!!! How did Marty draft?

1) Rod Gardner

2) Fred Smoot

4) Sage Rosenfels

5) Darnerian McCants

6) Mario Monds

Wow! He really went after the DL/OL!!!

Anyway... He was probably toast before the team went 0-5... What makes you think that Marty as a coach & GM would work when Marty as a coach only hasn't been successful beyond the regular season?

Everything you wrote is true. But you missed my point.

RIGHT TACKLE! We need to draft in order by biggest liability and that is the RT position held by Jansen. We still have Chris Samuels that plays great when healthy. I like the idea of plugging him in at RT, but you don't want him moving around if you don't have to. We also need a Center badly. We can go LT next year but we need a strong RT for years to come.

Now that I am thinking about it, drafting a LT this year maybe smart as supposed to a RT because we should expect to be drafting fairly high in terms of what this team is capable of. I don't expect to be drafting this high in the coming years so we should get the best possible LT, being the most important on the OL this year for when Samuels is done.

I love this option. If only it were an option. We can trade him now with the sales pitch of it was the OL that made him look bad and maybe we can get 2 first rounds and a second for him. If the Skins gave that much up for him surely some other team will. Bahahahahaha

Unfortunately the front office of the Skins are the only ones so stupid to do something like that.

Funny: I still think it was the right move. The problem is in this offense he doesn't get rid of the ball quickly enough. In a 7-step drop offense, the trades we made to get him make sense. Don't think it was stupid at all. If you do think it was stupid, blame Gibbs; it was HIS move.

Seeing how the Dolphins got Parcells to be with the organization and seeing what he is doing with them, how about someone like Marty Schottenheimer or Jimmy Johnson? Now to go and bash me to much, but I think these guys are pretty smart football wise and could probably change the direction of this franchise. I really liked Marty when he was coach here, didn't like to see him go. jmo

I actually sorta dug Marty as a GM, but his draft was not too great. JJ isn't coming here.

What a lot of people don't understand is, you don't draft for need.. Any coach in the world will tell you that, especially after the 3rd round.. You draft the best possible talent at your given pick.

I think there's some grey area though and it is not quite that cut and dry. Teams do draft for need and it's a balance. Ideally the player will be the BPA at a position of need, but teams do make exceptions.

JC is NOT the problem!!!!

Our O-line is!!!!

Before Jon Jansen was replaced at the start of the season by Stephon Heyer, all of the starters on the O-line were at least 30 years old or older.

How is Jc, or any QB for that matter, gonna be able to make plays downfield in the passing game if he can't rely on the O-line being able to block long enough for him?

I spend the month of January working on the Socratic notion of "Know Thyself."

Self-scout and figure out exactly what kind of team we want to be. Are we really cut out for this WCO stuff? Should we just go back to being a Pro I/power running team? If that is the case, is Zorn the guy for the job?

I honestly don't know the answers to any of those right now.

Once I figure that out, I probably sign or draft a tackle of some kind.

Archived