Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OffSeason Moves Thread: POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE- DO NOT CREATE NEW THREAD

SkinsNoles21

Enough with Cassell love fest. Guy is lucky to be the QB of a team that went 19-1 last year. If Pats won the SB, they would have been proclaim as best team ever. Put him on our team and he would be lucky to even be around .500

Edit: Wow. Just notice JC has better QB rating than Cassell. Has 14 TD and 10 INT. With our WRs, what would it be.

Seeing how the Dolphins got Parcells to be with the organization and seeing what he is doing with them, how about someone like Marty Schottenheimer or Jimmy Johnson? Now to go and bash me to much, but I think these guys are pretty smart football wise and could probably change the direction of this franchise. I really liked Marty when he was coach here, didn't like to see him go. jmo

Well, just judging by Jimmuh Johnson's record of picks on FOX NFL Sunday, maybe he ISN'T so smart about football! Let's also remember tha Jimmuh was coach and then GM for the Dolphins when they were going down the tubes. He screwed up that team for several years until Parcells took over and righted things rather quickly.

Pass!

That's your opinion. Think QB draft position is fine this year. Bradford & Stafford could both go in top 10. And, there could be to be a few no names breaking into late 1st or 2nd round after draft workouts.

As for JC, nobody is going to give 1st or 2nd to guy projected as late 2nd 4 years ago. Especially, when he's done **** since then. For his to value increase, you need reasons. Not excuses. Like, Colt obviously performing better in games. He's stuck behind all-pro. And, so on. Teams that want to trade for JC will probably be **** teams. Ones with new coaches = schemes, bad OL, bad WRs and so on. Excuses won't fly there. They will take a risk on him for low picks, but nothing more.

From insiders, I have heard Stafford is going to declare but Bradford will go back to school. Can you tell me what the success rate of QBs leaving before their senior year is? Small.

Considering the Vikings were offering the Browns 2 1st's for Quinn this season, you can obviously see that QB is one of the few positions teams will overpay for, especially those with poor management. Considering that JC was the midseason MVP of a few analysts, he definitely has 1st or 2nd round value.

Cassell???

LOL

You are kidding, right?

Brennan's little pinky toe has more talent and he is third string.

I would shy away from any Pats coordinator after their history of success in football.

Bellicheat's coordinators are only good when he can steal signals.

cassel is in his first year as a starter and i think that his success has to be accounted for.....yeah jason has a better passer rating but thats because he throws 4 yard passes on every down. And for the people who doubt New Englands assitants, Weis did take Notre Dame to BCS Bowl and Crennel had a decent year a year ago...so i dont know what the fuss is, at least they have the potential to make adjustments during the game unlike zorn

cassel is in his first year as a starter and i think that his success has to be accounted for.....yeah jason has a better passer rating but thats because he throws 4 yard passes on every down. And for the people who doubt New Englands assitants, Weis did take Notre Dame to BCS Bowl and Crennel had a decent year a year ago...so i dont know what the fuss is, at least they have the potential to make adjustments during the game unlike zorn

Weis also did it with Tyronne Willingham's players and Crennel did it with people who had a great year. Mangini has Favre.

Overall, the track record of Bellicheck's assisstants aren't that good.

jason taylor

shawn springs

cornellius griffin

jon jansen

marcus washington

antwaan randle el

all of these dudes need to be released or traded, and jansen can take a backup role. the amount of money these dudes drain is absurd and they produce pretty much nothing.

I would add

Casey Rabach

Kendall

And If you could get any picks for them Moss, portis,

This team needs to get rid of the old for young hungry players. Fletcher is the only player on this team that appears to care if they win or lose

Would Danny ever let a GM do his job? I've always had the impression that Vinny is just a yes-man/eunuch/lap dog/figure-head/Segfried to Danny's Roy/empty suit and that Danny really calls all the shots (maybe some of the true insiders on this board can imform on that topic). If we could bring in a guy like Pioli or Newsome and let him do his actual job that would be a HUGE step in the right direction. Of course I've been hoping this for years now, maybe someday it can happen.

Yup. Didn't Marty have full control? Started 0 and 5 then finished 8 and 8. Then Phucknut fired him because he ,Danny, wasn't having any fun.

Ya having fun now? Idiot

Ha! I say the Pats are lovin' Cassel right now and will lick their chops at what they can get for Brady next year. Snyder is the guy with all the cash and guts to take a chance on Brady and so maybe he'll be a Redskin next year.

Ok, ok, that's a bit far-fetched, but with Dan Snyder nothing surprises me. If Zorn is fired after this season I will lose any and all respect for Dan Snyder. He is NOT the next Jerry Jones. Jerry Jones puts winners together. He allows chemistry to be established. Year end at Redskins Park will show the world whether or not Dan Snyder learned anything from Joe Gibbs.

This is one of the most disappointing Redskins seasons I've ever been a part of in over 30 years as a fan. But it's not all Zorn's fault. I like him a lot. I like his vision and his teaching style. Let's give him a chance just like we gave Gibbs a chance when his first year was a bomb.

For the immediate, the offense is our obvious problem, and the QB especially, IMO. I love Campbell as a person. But I'm not convinced he's a starting QB in this league any more. Colt was hand-picked by Zorn for his West-Coast intangibles. I say let him get some reps, get his feet wet, and his butt dirty (esp. against Philly) and see what he's got. Can't hurt. The playoffs are all but out. Besides, benching an ineffective Campbell could help his career, too.

jason taylor

shawn springs

cornellius griffin

jon jansen

marcus washington

antwaan randle el

all of these dudes need to be released or traded, and jansen can take a backup role. the amount of money these dudes drain is absurd and they produce pretty much nothing.

I'd keep Randel El and Marcus for one more year, and Jason Taylor, too. The rest need to be replaced, most likely. Although Jansen played well this year before getting hurt.

Yup. Didn't Marty have full control? Started 0 and 5 then finished 8 and 8. Then Phucknut fired him because he ,Danny, wasn't having any fun.

Ya having fun now? Idiot

Where is Marty today? How many playoff games has that guy won? I think Snyder was kind enough to let Schottenheimer finish the season... Lavar Arrington saved the season. We would've been 0-6 without Arrington intercepting the ball against Carolina and returning it for a TD.

What a great team Marty built... Tony Banks!!! How did Marty draft?

1) Rod Gardner

2) Fred Smoot

4) Sage Rosenfels

5) Darnerian McCants

6) Mario Monds

Wow! He really went after the DL/OL!!!

Anyway... He was probably toast before the team went 0-5... What makes you think that Marty as a coach & GM would work when Marty as a coach only hasn't been successful beyond the regular season?

I believe there was a list of candidates put out by Schefter on guys who would be highly sought after GM's, mostly scouts and personel evaluators. I can't remember but it would be difficult for fans to really have an idea of who would be a good candidate other than, hey that team can draft well.

My opinion, anyone from New Englad's personel department like the Falcons got in Dimitrov.

I say we clean house on offense. Get rid of every veteran that we could trade in return for draft picks and start building this team through the draft. Portis is nearing the end... Why not trade him for draft picks while he still has some value. It's not like having him on our team all of the sudden makes us a superbowl contender. We're currently the worst team in the NFL. If we played the Lions next week we'd get beat.... This offense isn't 1 -2 FA's for draft picks away from even being average. We suck. Tear it down from top to bottom and start over.

jason taylor

shawn springs

cornellius griffin

jon jansen

marcus washington

antwaan randle el

You forgot Campbell, Rabach, Kendall and Tryon.

Archived