Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OffSeason Moves Thread: POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE- DO NOT CREATE NEW THREAD

SkinsNoles21

Cowher hired as head coach, Gregg Williams returns as D coordinator!!!

It absolutely will not happen, but....it's always fun to dream.

at least you added the last part. but even then, its not even a dream. it would be a nightmare. neither could coexist with the other. and two different philosophies. 3-4 and 4-3. and GW builds from the secondary in, while cowher starts with a dominant front 7 and can use anyone in the secondary.

if that is your idea of a dream, id seriously take a look at what you ate before going to sleep.

QB: Campbell - Last nights game proved this guy isn't the problem. What is the problem is that he has no time to throw the ball, and he's a 6'5 qb looking for 5'9 targets. He has no time!!! But he does get the ball out quick enough!!!!!!

RB: Portis - No brainer, backbone of the team. Betts needs to go or needs to be traded and draft a running back!!!!!!

FB: Sellers - Beast. Stays. Sellers should be our #2 running.

WR: Moss - Great slot, or number two ... terrible number one. Stays.

WR: Randle El - Randle El would be a solid 4th option on the team ... and a guy we could bring in to run the occasional trick play. He's a God awful #2, especially when paired with Moss. Either he stays, we eat his salary and his role is diminished, or we give him the boot. Oh, and no more punt return duties after this season.

WR's: Thomas, Kelly - These guys have to become starters ... Rookie receivers take time (see Steve Smith, Giants.) And because we chose to build our receiving corp. through the draft, we have to wait on them and hope they pan out. They are a key to the offense's future success.

TE:Cooley, Davis, Yoder - Cooley Stays. Period. Get Fred Davis on the field. I don't care about anything else, he is another weapon that needs to be on the field regardless of the circumstances. Yoder needs to go now!!!!! Fred Davis needs to start at Second TE!!!!!!

LT: Samuels - Yes he gets beat, but only by the games elite. Stays ... but we plan for his downfall/retirement now and find a young backup. Draft Eugene Mornoe from UVA!!!!!!

LG: Kendall - Goes. Time for a replacement. Rinehart? Kendall is going to retire and did u see how well Rinehart played yesterday!!!!!!

C: Rabach - Stays for another two years.

RG: Thomas - Stays ... Same as Samuels ... prepare for future when hes not here.

RT: Jansen - Give the job to Heyer, or if Heyer isn't the guy ... go find the guy.

Colt Brennan needs to be the backup for next year!!!!

DE: Taylor, Carter - We should try to trade Taylor, Carter is good run stopper but he is too weak for the lines we play against. The other two damn they need to go and be back ups for other teams.

DT: Peace out, every single one of you. Montgomery as depth need to start...he is the best one we got. We need a 330lb. monster or a couple.

LB: Fletcher, McIntosh, Blades, Washington - Fletcher stays as long as he wants ... McIntosh stays, Blades stays, Washington Goes. Clint Silmton would be a great draft pick to start for washington. Blades is the number four and waiting in the wings for Fletcher. This unit has masked some of the d-line problems.

SS, FS: Landry, Horton - Great young duo, doesn't make up for what we lost, but they are certaintly not the problem.

CB: Rogers, Hall, Smoot, Springs, Tryon - Rogers and Hall are your future starting tandem. Smoot stays of course!!!!! Tryon needs to play more damn he is fast.

K, P: They both go ... NOW. Nothing worse for a struggling offense than a terrible kicker and a terrible punter. Draft Louie Sokda from Utah!!!!!!

Coach Zorn: Stays only if he beats the eagles but if not then he gets fired. Bring in Big Bill to make this team mean!!!!!!!

Order in which we pursue holes:

Line, Line, Line, and Linebacker. I would also look for another safety to back up horton better!!!!!

I'm just not in love with Cowher like some here are.

The guy was not a personnel guy in Pittsburgh. If bringing him aboard means we finally get rid of Vinny, I'd be for it just for that. But I wouldn't expect Cowher to be all that good either to tell the truth. He might be able to do it, but has he ever done it before?

The only other thing that bothers me about Cowher is the fact that he's already won it all before. While that might be what is required for Danny to give up controls to another guy, I just feel that fire in Cowher might not be there anymore and we'd (or whomever he were to go to if not us) would be getting Cowher-lite.

Draft Best Available OL in the 1st Round.

That could be Michael Oher (unlikely, but still), Eugene Monroe, Duke Robinson, or Alex Mack. Build the line, and watch us run like the Panthers did against the Bucs.

And we def. need an OLB not named Marcus Washington next season.

Then next season, we draft a 1st Round RB and make a duo with Portis and a backup RB who is actually good.

I'm tired of threads saying FIRE ZORN/BENCH CAMPBELL... it was zorn's first season and campbell's 1,000,000th playbook!! so all rational people are welcome to comment and make their opinion be known

-Need a speedy backup RB to compliment Portis... betts 3.3 avg is not good for a backup RB and plus portis has lost a step

-Need some more pass blockers on the o-line... campbell gets no time against NFC East D-lines

-DEFENSIVE LINE!! GET SOME PASS RUSHERS!!! every freakin' year we go through this!

-Need to get rid of smoot and springs and draft/bring in some young nickel/dime talent at corner... stop drafting midget corners!

-Stick with Plack at punter but Shankham has to go... the guy can't kick for distance

Most importantly, fans need to stop giving their tickets away to visiting team fans... that steelers game was the dagger this season... it was embarrassing especially since i go to school up in Pittsburgh...

HTTR!!!!! Here's to 09! :cheers:

I'm tired of threads saying FIRE ZORN/BENCH CAMPBELL... it was zorn's first season and campbell's 1,000,000th playbook!! so all rational people are welcome to comment and make their opinion be known

-Need a speedy backup RB to compliment Portis... betts 3.3 avg is not good for a backup RB and plus portis has lost a step

-Need some more pass blockers on the o-line... campbell gets no time against NFC East D-lines

-DEFENSIVE LINE!! GET SOME PASS RUSHERS!!! every freakin' year we go through this!

-Need to get rid of smoot and springs and draft/bring in some young nickel/dime talent at corner... stop drafting midget corners!

-Stick with Plack at punter but Shankham has to go... the guy can't kick for distance

Most importantly, fans need to stop giving their tickets away to visiting team fans... that steelers game was the dagger this season... it was embarrassing especially since i go to school up in Pittsburgh...

The OL will be addressed. I think Zorn needs his players to run his system. The Skins still have Gibbs players.

The DL needs to be addressed. I agree. But Blache has to change his style. Get more aggressive. Williams didn't have a big name DE, but it didn't stop him from being aggressive.

No complaint at all with Zorn, very pleased with his first season as NFL headcoach, but Campbell......no! He needs another home besides DC.

It wasn't "playbooks" that caused the 5 games in a row he threw away last year and it wasn't "palybooks" that caused him to start out well and then fizzle the last six games. Even their wins are by field goals or within a couple of points.

Yes, we need to re-build O & D Lines as no.1 priority.

But we could solve the problem of punching it in in the redzone (especially near the goal-line) with a power running game with Jacobs supporting Portis.

Can we, should we?

btw, for those who don't already know he is FA in 2009. An old article re his contract with the Giants here:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/2008/07/24/2008-07-24_new_contract_brandon_jacobs_is_in_no_rus.html

Yes, we need to re-build O & D Lines as no.1 priority.

But we could solve the problem of punching it in in the redzone (especially near the goal-line) with a power running game with Jacobs supporting Portis.

Can we, should we?

Are you serious? Portis and Jacobs on the same team? Jacobs is the Giants #1 back........what makes you think hes going to sit behind Portis or vice versa. Nice thinking about it, but will absolutely 100% never even be considered by anyone on the Redskins organization. Sellers is our Brandon Jacobs......just to bad our Oline is nowhere near the capability of the Giants oline.

Ya know there are other QBs who have had great success their first year in certain systems. Just cause Campbell hasn't had much continuity doesn't mean that's the reason he sucks. And for everyone who thinks Brennan couldn't do much better ask yourself if you really thought Matt Ryan was going to be this good.

I love it! I think the team has taken us all through the looking glass lately!

And I agree the major downside with Jacobs is on the injury front. But that's true about a lot of players. He has major upside. You just know he's going into the endzone when they give him the ball inside the 10.

Of course that's easier with a better O-Line. But I think he could do it with any O-Line.

Compliment Portis? I think it's time for Washington to some how sever ties with Clinton. He has not shown himself as a professional individual along with guys like Santana Moss. This team needs a huge reevaluation and to root out the selfish players like those two.

The team looks old and tired. The rookies (with a few exceptions - like Horton) have not panned out as we had hoped, at least playing-wise.

This is the same thing we have seen the last several seasons, the Skins will hit a streak, get our hopes up and dash them with "no heart" play on offense and a worn down defense. The players either are hurt, tired or have lost steps and cannot perform for a whole season, especially on the O and D lines.

Aside from that, and regardless of how the fans support them, the Skins look unprofessional and confused about what they are supposed to do. It almost looks like they did not practice during the week and are not sure what to do.

I cannot tell if it is the coach, but it is hard to see how a majority of the players look like they don't care about winning or losing and it be the coaches fault. Coaches are there to ensure the player knows what to do and how to do it. They cannot motivate anyone for other than a short time. When the players execute, we look great. When they don't, we look terrible.

So the keys look to be a healthy set of players, with key additions to the O and D lines, and perhaps a replacement for Shawn Springs. I know that I never want to see John Jansen suit up for the Redskins again.

I'd also like to see the owner simply tell his employees that they are not going to play or be paid if they cannot get fired up and play hard for the game.

Compliment Portis? I think it's time for Washington to some how sever ties with Clinton. He has not shown himself as a professional individual along with guys like Santana Moss. This team needs a huge reevaluation and to root out the selfish players like those two.

Don't agree. If anything we should focus more on Portis. Stop taking him out on 3rd down. Keep Betts around, he is exactly what we need, he knows it, we know it...why mess with that? Just draft linemen. Period. It's what this league is all about. Pressure the quarterback and protect the quarterback.

Archived