Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OffSeason Moves Thread: POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE- DO NOT CREATE NEW THREAD

SkinsNoles21

I'm not of the mindset we need a competition.

I say we bring Brennan up to the #2 QB and get rid of Collins. Find someone else to be the third QB.

If something happens to JC next year, then have Brennan ready to fill the role. I don't think giving up on JC, quitting cold turkey, is the solution.

You want stability during the offseason and especially when training camp starts.

Why not a QB competition. Shouldn't the best player play? JC hasn't done anything to say "Hey, we are solid at QB. We don't need a spark. Our offense is fine and just needs some refining". There are a lot of things JC has not progressed in that should have been despite the offense he is in. some of these things that Colt seems to have or be ahead of JC already. Why not have a healthy competition. Let the best player play.

We need to go after Albert Haynesworth to make pressure. With the play of our DBs, and LBs (other than Washington), imagine how good our defense would be if we actually created pressure from the middle. This, my friends, is not rocket science.

Next,

With our 1st round pick, go with an O-lineman. Fabini is garbage, and Jansen will never play a full season again. Same with Samuels (thank god Heyer is young and showing some promise. How can anyone expect a quarterback to be successful if he can't get enough time to find a receiver?

If we start this off season going with some young, and good talent on the O-line, we might be able to keep Portis going for another 3 to 4 years, and not have him absolutely dead at the end of every season.

Basically, look at the 2007 Giants, and quite possibly their 2008 season. I read a thread a couple of days ago about sacks, if we can create sacks on defense (addition of Haynesworth), and stop sacks on offense (1st round pick, and maybe a FA) we will be dangerous.

Will they do this?

Probably not, but it's worth a try right?

HTTR

:helmet:

I think the plan is to let the following hit the Road:

Washington-LB

Springs-CB/S

Jansen-T

J.Taylor-DE

Thomas-G

Randel El ?? (not sure here)

But the cap might make them keep some of them. anyways...

I'm not of the mindset we need a competition.

I say we bring Brennan up to the #2 QB and get rid of Collins. Find someone else to be the third QB.

If something happens to JC next year, then have Brennan ready to fill the role. I don't think giving up on JC, quitting cold turkey, is the solution.

You want stability during the offseason and especially when training camp starts.

I'd like a competition but I don't see it happening. Zorn appears to want to stick with Campbell even though he's not playing that well.

I do see Brennan moving to the #2 spot though. I don't think Collins has many years left in the league.

I think Zorn will remain as HC but Snyder is going to give him some new coordinators. Blache should stay if he decides not to retire but I think a house-cleaning on offense is in order (and that means you too, Buges).

I'd like to see Haynsworth on the D-line next year but I think he will be too pricey. In any event, the lines on both sides must be adressed in the draft regardless of who the best player is at the point of each pick--this is the position the Skins are in right now. The BPA strategy is no longer a viable luxury due to the screaming needs on the lines.

I'm torn on Jason Taylor. I'd like to keep him if it were possible for him to redo his contract to something more cap-friendly.

Both Hall and Rogers should get their money. Hall, Rogers and Smoot (assiming Springs rides off into the sunset--and I'll miss him) make a very good corps of CBs.

Campbell? I've been a supporter of his but I am slowly coming to the realization that he is merely an average QB. He has played well enough to warrant a second year as the starter in the same offense. Hopefully things will start to click and Thomas and Kelly will be able to assert themselves more.

I'd love to see Ceratto either fired or demoted to president of scouting or somthing like that but would ultimately answer to a true GM--like Pioli.

Zorn appears to want to stick with Campbell even though he's not playing that well.

And that's the key.

I trust Zorn's judgment. We all know how he helped bring Hasselback along in Seattle.

He obviously sees something in JC. He feels confident he can help his career.

We don't work out or practice with the team. All we have to go by is what happens in the games and so I'm ready to trust our head coach on this one.

I absolutely do.

I've seen enough from him to know that behind a good offensive line with go to receivers, he's going to be a beast.

So in other words Campbell needs the 1991 Redskins to play with, got it. So much for ever having a QB that makes others great. Please keep in mind that he managed to put up a whopping 10 points and did absolutley nothing that any other marginal QB could not have done.

It's guys like you and Vicious that see a simple ugly win and think the team is headed in the right direction, put down the kool aid man. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is all JC's fault, I've said the team needs to be completely rebuilt numerous times, but to continue to spin excuse after excuse for the guy is ridiculous and now since they didn't lose to Philly he his completely exhaunerated for what has been a below avg. year at best, come on man stop accepting mediocrity and living on wishful thinking.

You know open comp. may not work cause, in practices and

reps. starter qb get no pressure and heat to avoid injuries.

#2 and #3 qb gets more activities then starter so other players

get on oline and defence get half real plays in practices. This

is JC advantage maybe I'm wrong about this is just a thought.

Last preseason Colt had better stat's then JC and TC still a

3rd stringer. If Colt still play good in the next preseason and still

a 3rd stringer, then I will be upset then...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Are you content with 10 ppg? You don't even want an open competition?? Sorry you feel that way Mrs Campbell.

:doh: Haha. Who are you, Colt's mom? The fact that you and others think that he would resurrect the offense is beyond me. OMG he preformed good against 4th stringers. Come on. Give Campbell an O line that will give him time consistently, and a receiver other than moss (i think Kelly and Thomas will develop fine). I already stated my reasons why i will give Campbell another year. I am fine as Colt being our future # 2 but that is about it.

:doh: Haha. Who are you, Colt's mom? The fact that you and others think that he would resurrect the offense is beyond me. OMG he preformed good against 4th stringers. Come on. Give Campbell an O line that will give him time consistently, and a receiver other than moss (i think Kelly and Thomas will develop fine). I already stated my reasons why i will give Campbell another year. I am fine as Colt being our future # 2 but that is about it.

:doh:yeah, let's keep giving to someone who consistently chokes in the redzone, who's only been scoring 10 ppg and who when he was 'hot' was only scoring 20. Granted the o-line needs resurrection but the Steelers line, cowboys line, etc don't hit on much and they at least double our output.

If you think he think he should just be anointed the job, for whatever reason, then so be it. :doh::doh::doh:

:doh:yeah, let's keep giving to someone who consistently chokes in the redzone, who's only been scoring 10 ppg and who when he was 'hot' was only scoring 20. Granted the o-line needs resurrection but the Steelers line, cowboys line, etc don't hit on much and they at least double our output.

If you think he think he should just be anointed the job, for whatever reason, then so be it. :doh::doh::doh:

How bout you think about playcalling in the redzone or receivers getting separation...yeah

That play where he forced it to moss and it got deflected and almost intercepted, all three receivers on the play got no separation from the D and were nowhere near open. And he would have got sacked if he held it any longer.

I HATE arguing about JC because you can go so many ways with it. I will give him ONE more year, MAYBE 2, because i want to see him in an offense for more than 1 year and he is in a offense that you dont just pick up over night.

I HATE arguing about JC because you can go so many ways with it. I will give him ONE more year, MAYBE 2, because i want to see him in an offense for more than 1 year and he is in a offense that you dont just pick up over night.

Don't worry. You're going to get him. There's nothing I'd like more than to be proved wrong. But if it were me I'd be giving others a chance.

OK here it is:

Cut: Jansen, Springs, Taylor (unless he is willing to cut his salary substantially), maybe Daniels

DONT RESIGN: Kendall, one of the DTs (Golston, Monty)

With all the savings retool the D line: Bring in Haynesworth and Peppers

RESIGN: Hall

Have Rhinehart start at Guard (Kendall's spot)

DRAFT: OLine in 1st round, Line depth the rest of the way.

Our OLINE: Samuels/Rhinehart/Rabach/Thomas/1st rounder

Our DLINE: Carter/Monty/Haynesworth/Peppers

If Taylor decides to reduce his salary substantially like to 1 or 2 million, which i dont know the likeliness of that happening, then he can be used standing up and in pass rushing situations.

***THIS IS DOES NOT HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF HAPPENING BUT I WOULD NOT MIND IT. ALSO I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH WE SAVE FROM ALL THE CUTTING OF PLAYERS ETC. ***

Bash it if you want, I dont care

Well since we are supposed to run the west coast offense. I would go out and get west coast players and get rid of the players that are not west coast. We need a smart and accurate qb, running backs that can catch the ball, o-line that can pass block , receivers that run great routes and catch the ball and a tight end that can catch the ball. Right now we have a running back that can catch the ball, Ladell, and tight ends that can catch, Cooley and Davis. So we have a whole lot of work to do on offense. We either blow up the offense to do this or we change our philosophy to the type of players we already have.

On defense, I think we just need to bring tough guys in here. The Redskins are at their best with smart tough defensive players. If the smart, tough def player happens to be fast as well, so be it. But smart and tough has to be at the top of the list. So, who do we have like that; Fletcher, Landry, Griffin(when healthy), Horton...anyone else i try to think of has ifs attached like Griffin. So, basically the whole defense can be overhauled in my opinion. Cut the dead weight bring in rookies, free agent rookies, free agents if necessary that fit that type. i am tired of our defense being about scheme. That is what it has been about ever since Greg Williams walked into Redskin Park. It needs to be about beating your man and making the tackle and covering your man and making the play. No more scheme. I dont care if it is 4-3, 3-4, 46, 2-8-1, 3-3-5 call it what you want. just make the play. We have too many potential playmakers that consistently let us down by not living up to their potential, especially when it matters most.

Archived