Extremeskins

OffSeason Moves Thread: POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE- DO NOT CREATE NEW THREAD

SkinsNoles21

Here is a big back you might be looking for

P.J. Hill*, Wisconsin

Height: 5-11. Weight: 233.

Projected 40 Time: 4.64.

Projected Round (2009): 7.

10/18/08: In years past, P.J. Hill has been able to put up solid numbers. Not this year. He's gone over the 100-yard barrier only twice this year - against Akron and Fresno State. He managed just 3.2 yards per carry against Marshall.

5/21/08: P.J. Hill had another monstrous campaign for Wisconsin, rushing for 1,212 yards and 14 touchdowns.

2007: There's no denying P.J. Hill's effectiveness as a college player (1,569 rushing yards, 18 receptions, 16 total touchdowns), but is he quick enough to succeed in the NFL? Probably not. He'll stick around in a Ron Dayne or Brandon Jacobs type of role, but I doubt Hill could ever be a full-time starter.

If we trade down...

Adam Ulatoski*, Texas

Height: 6-8. Weight: 310.

Projected 40 Time: 5.19.

Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

5/24/08: An imposing figure on the offensive line with his 6-8 frame, Adam Ulatoski is a solid run-blocker who can play guard. An honorable mention for the All-Big XII Team.

arcus Thigpen, Indiana

Height: 5-9. Weight: 195.

Projected 40 Time: 4.37.

Projected Round (2009): 5-6.

5/21/08: Marcus Thigpen's not listed this high for his skills as a running back (568 yards, three touchdowns). Instead, he's a fifth-round prospect because he's one of the top kick returners in the nation.

We're fine on kick returns IMO. Rock has finished top-ten in KR yardage in the last 3 years, and actually finished #2 in 2006.

He's one of the few bright spots on special teams.

What we need is a new punt returner. Santana is great at it but I understand the fact that the coaches don't want to risk injuring our best receiver.

We're fine on kick returns IMO. Rock has finished top-ten in KR yardage in the last 3 years, and actually finished #2 in 2006.

He's one of the few bright spots on special teams.

What we need is a new punt returner. Santana is great at it but I understand the fact that the coaches don't want to risk injuring our best receiver.

We definitely need a punt returner.

I wish Zorn would throw Tryon out there to return punts in these last two games. He was apparently good at it in college, let's see what he can do in the NFL...it's not like he's one of our top guys in the secondary.

Exactly! He is sooo hard headed about rookies. Maybe in practice Tryon freezes up.

Maybe...but I have a hard time believing that our entire rookie class is so bad that they can't get solid playing time.

I agree, I think Zorn has something against throwing rookies out there.

One things for sure, if Zorn is staying, he will have to definitely change A LOT of things next year, to include playing rookies and getting some experience on his offensive coaching staff.

Here's what I'd like to hear come next year, "Brennan to Houshmandzadah, Touchdown Redskins! Brennan had all day to come up with a reciever and TJ smoked Terrance Newman!"

Obviously I'd like to see a change at QB and rather than make a big splash in FA or draft (we definitely need help elsewhere in the draft and FA), I say give Brennan the reigns. JC will back up for a year and become a FA.

FA: Houshmandzadah, Channing Crowder, and Jordan Gross

Draft: Line help and maybe a CB, kicker

Cut: Springs, Suisham, J. Taylor, and as much as I hate to see it, Thrash.

WR depth chart: TJ Housh, Moss, ARE, Thomas, Kelly

That looks sweet! And TJ, being the pro's pro that he his, could really help the developement of our rookie pass catchers.

One things for sure, if Zorn is staying, he will have to definitely change A LOT of things next year, to include playing rookies and getting some experience on his offensive coaching staff.

Exactly, if he's staying he needs to make those changes for sure. I'm really hoping that he tries opening up the offense a little and tries playing the rookies for most of these next two games. I feel like if he at least tries it, he'll see how it can be effective and hopefully make the adjustments necessary to get the offense rolling next season.

My dream situation would be to sign Gross and to take Duke Robinson with our first round pick.

Duke is hands-down the best guard to come out of college in the last few years. His strength is run-blocking (he's a bulldozer) but all of the draft sites say he's very good in pass-pro as well.

Our starting OL would look like this:

Samuels/Robinson/Rabach/Thomas/Gross

Now that's a hell of an OL no matter who you ask.

Then I'd LOVE to see us take Rashad Jennings (RB) from Liberty, with our 3rd rounder. This guy would be the perfect compliment to Portis and Betts.

He's 6-1 and 232 llbs but runs a 4.42.

He's a beast:

Another good big back that would be available then would be Arian Foster from Tennessee

Here's Arian Foster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9WEqazSq5I

He's big too but could use to pack on some weight to help his durability.

To me, making just those moves would improve our offense significantly. We would be light years better in pass protection and run blocking, and we would have a big back to help in the running game that would really compliment Portis's/Betts' styles.

Teams are going 3 backs more often now because it keeps the runners fresh and helps them get big yards on a tired defense.

And as far as DL goes, I think we can wait until 2010 and draft a slew of DL help.

I believe in the philosophy of loading up on a certain area of the game in each draft. A lot of successful teams have been doing that for years, including Indy, NYG, Dallas, and Tennessee.

Doing the above would fix our OL in one draft/offseason and would help our overall running game as well.

There are some serious DL prospects for 2010 and we might be better off waiting on that class of DTs....look up Marvin Austin of UNC, he will be a junior but has been wreaking havoc in backfields since starting as a true freshman...and he's from DC so you know he'd love to play for us.

I see what you are saying about loading up in certain areas we did that this year with the offensive skill positions. However, I do not think we can spend our 3rd round pick on a RB. If anything we should totally revamp both Lines this year in FA/Draft. I think you would have to throw Rinehart into the mix somehow for next year. Even if it is just for a back up spot on the line.

QB: Campbell = I honestly don't think he's the answer. He seems to play without passon and is just not the take charge guy you need at this position. His mechanics have only improved marginally. I'd really like an open competition with a long hard look at Brennan.

RB: Portis - He's lost his burst. No longer a threat to take it all the way. His saving grace is his pass blocking (he's a monster at that) but he's also becoming a disruption and sideshow. We can't afford capwise to let him go though.

FB: Sellers - Absolutely a true-blue Redskin.

WR: Moss - Not sure why everyone says he's not a #1 receiver. Maybe wth better QB play he'd rack up huge numbers.

WR: Randle El - Solid #3. I agree though, he needs to stop returning punts.

WR's: Thomas, Kelly - Need to step up big time. Next year they need to come in ready to go.

TE:Cooley, Davis, Yoder - Probably the best trio of tight ends in the league. Davis has enormous potential and Yoder is solid at run blocking and catches the few times he's thrown to. Reminds me of Donnie Warren.

LT: Samuels - He's serviceable but not as great as what he's advertised. Ware eats his lunch every game.

LG: Kendall - Needs to go. Rinehard may be a replacement but I'd like to get help out of the draft. My top candidates - Herman Johnson 6'6 353 LSU or Duke Robinson 6'4 335. This would be my top priority and one of these two would be my first pick.

C: Rabach - Needs to go. Gets run over top of consistently. There will be several decent centers available at free agent. Drafting a rookie at center is not worth the r

risk IMO

RG: Thomas - Still plays at a high level but hopefully Rinehart can start getting reps.

RT: Jansen - Sorry JJ. You've been great but you'll a huge liability now, esp in pass blocking. Heyer is not the answer. If we were lucky and could trade our #1 pick down to get a 2nd we might get lucky and get him and Johnson. We'd instantly go from having the smallest line in the league to one of the biggest. Monroe and Oher will be long gone by then.

DE: Taylor, Carter - We need Carter to restructure his contract. If he does we could take a chance that he might have a year or two left. We are not that bad here and still have young talent with Wilson and Rob Jackson.

DT: We're also not that bad here. Haynesworth would be a huge pickup but will cost too much so I doubt we get him.

LB: Blades, Fletcher and Rocky are solid. God help us is Fletcher goes down. IMHO he's the ream MVP.

SS, FS: Landry, Horton - Add Moore and we're loaded here.

CB: Rogers, Hall, Smoot, Springs, Tryon - Springs cap number and his inability to stay healthy mean he's gone.

K, P: They are both serviceable. Doesn't hurt to look around but they certainly aren't the reason this team has been going downhill.

Coach Zorn: Stays. I was more sold on him the beginning of the year when he showed some inventiveness on his play calling. He's been on a run run pass punt slump for weeks now though. Maybe he needs to turn the play calling over to the OC. At least mix it up.Three holes to fill. Potentially two filled with Heyer and Rinehart. Need depth and need to draft o

Order in which we pursue holes:

Oline- This is where it begins and ends. We need to get bigger and badder. We've neglected the lines for years now and now we're in desperate need for a shakeup. We need three replacements (C, LG, RT) right now.

DT- We need a BIG body here. Haynesworth will be unaffordable. By that I mean we'd have to overpay for him. I don't see any other FA's worth persuing. Might have to get lucky in the draft.

These are our main needs. We have enough skill people on offense and defense. We need to seriously bulk up on the lines. We need to prepare for the day Portis will be gone and need to take a long hard look at our QB play.

Oline- This is where it begins and ends. We need to get bigger and badder. We've neglected the lines for years now and now we're in desperate need for a shakeup. We need three replacements (C, LG, RT) right now.

DT- We need a BIG body here. Haynesworth will be unaffordable. By that I mean we'd have to overpay for him. I don't see any other FA's worth persuing. Might have to get lucky in the draft.

These are our main needs. We have enough skill people on offense and defense. We need to seriously bulk up on the lines. We need to prepare for the day Portis will be gone and need to take a long hard look at our QB play.

I agree with everything that you posted. However I do think we need to find an additional LB to replace Washington.

All you who think Colt would do better than Campbell right now, or want an open competition next year are down right crazy and stupid.

1. He played against 4th stringers and guys that are out of a job right now, and you think he would survive...come on.

2. Just no

Also I am not a huge campbell supporter or campbell hater, i am in between right now.

I will give him one more year for a couple reasons:

1. He is in the last year of his contract

2. He needs to be in a system for more than 1 year for once. He will never develop right if he keeps changing systems and his mechanics.

3. He is the WCO on top of that, which takes a good 3 years to completely get down (see Hass and McNabb). IMO he has done a pretty good job in his first year considering our O line has been down right horrible.

4. When he has time (see beginning of season with 6-2 record) he was able to make good throws down the field. Yes, he holds the ball too long sometimes but most of the time he made good decisions. No picks until the pitt game which he had 2 (both them really flukey). Along with that we had a stellar run game. Then when the pitt game came that is when our oline and team imploded. Campbell over the next stretch of games had ABSOLUTELY NO confidence in his oline. He could not even get to his 2nd reed let alone his 3rd with out having to either start scrambling for his life or dump it off. Thats where the frustration set in for everyone. Then the play calling was even more short pass routes with receivers that can separate aside from moss and he was doubled alot. I am giving the young receiver about 3 years to get it going knowing they take time, and obviously we did not get a receiver that was ready his rookie year, they needed time to learn the league and the speed.

I am going to be patient with them along with Campbell for now. I have patience, and i am in the minority and i know it. The only thing i have going for me right now is the Capitals (yay) and the wizards tank job.

OK off to what I think we should do in the offseason:

Here is my first CRAZY, I repeat CRAZY, and it will seem somewhat unrealistic offseason plan:

1. Cut Taylor, save 8 million dollars. DONT resign Kendall (have Rhinehart start next year). Cut Springs, resign Hall to a reasonable deal (I dont think he will ask for big money knowing the last time he did, he played horrible). Also cut Jansen.

2. Dont resign one of the two DTs (Golston), maybe even both of them. (Save enough money as possible. (for the crazy part, LOL)

3. SIGN Gross somehow. So now right tackle is covered and left guard is Rhinehart.

Samuels/Rhinehart/Rabach/Thomas/Gross

4. Ok then you go sign Suggs, i dont know how, vinny does his cutting and guaranteeing stuff to get enough money saved. ( I told you it was crazy)

5. Go draft terrence Cody NT ALAMBAMA. We goin to a 3-4 Defense.

6. Trade Betts for a draft pick, i dont know what he is worth, but i think we can get a 3rd for him, maybe even a 2nd.

7. Draft a speed DE/LB with the next highest pick and then a RB. Then the rest both lines.

Our D:

D Line: Carter/Cody/Evans

Lbs: Suggs/Rocky/London/Draft Pick

Secondary: LL, 48, Hall, Rogers

Now that was an unrealistic plan. ^^^

1. Cut Taylor, Springs, Jansen, Let Kendall go

2. Sign Gross, Resign Hall

3. Draft Cody

4. Trade Betts for draft pick.

5. Draft D line with next pick and then running back. Then lines again.

Why would anybody trade a draft pick for Betts when they could use their own pick on a just as effective or equal RB in the draft.

All you who think Colt would do better than Campbell right now, or want an open competition next year are down right crazy and stupid.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Are you content with 10 ppg? You don't even want an open competition?? Sorry you feel that way Mrs Campbell.

So we should beat San Fran, finish 9-7, just miss the playoffs but still have a solid first year under Jim Zorn. Hey, I love the playoffs, and yes, we should easily be 11-5 and in them, but sometimes the playoffs just make you more depressed; last year our game was awful. So, we played one less game than last year. Won one less game after Joe Gibbs surprised us all by retiring. That's acceptable. Not great, not bad. Zorn keeps his job, no doubt.

It's time to look ahead though. What do you see happening this offseason?

Which free agents do you want us to sign? How much cap room will we have? Who do you want us to take in the draft? Any players we cut? Any guys we sign long-term? Any new assistant coaches we hire? If Blache retires, who becomes DC? Do we promote from within again, bring GW back, or look outside? Do we keep Taylor at his current price?

Let's hear some predictions/ what you want to happen.

Focus on the o-line in the draft.

Keep Zorn and Campbell. Get rid of Collins and bring Brennan up to the #2 QB.

Cultivate Malcom Kelly and Devin Thomas. With proper grooming, they will be great next season.

D.Hall needs to stay. The jury is still out on Jason Taylor. Keep Blache if he doesn't retire. If he does, go after G Williams for defensive coordinator.

huh! Rams and Bengals?

Whatever. That's not the point. I think our defense showed today it's an elite D, and San Fran won't be able to do anything. But going 8-8 vs. 9-7 and missing the playoffs, not a huge difference. Point of the thread is to ask what moves we should make in OUR Super Bowl...the offseason.

Archived