Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Have you tried their IPA named the Torpedo. That is a farkin good IPA.

Definitely, that is a hell of an IPA. I wrote about this a few pages back, but if you're hooked on hops and you haven't had it, try out Green Flash's Hop Head Red. One of the best & hoppiest beers I've ever had. It's a Southern Cali beer so there's a good chance you've probably already had it but it's worth the mention.

Anybody do any ratings on ratebeer.com? I just joined up and started doing a few. Screename is PrivatePyle.

I'm on BeerAdvocate, but I haven't done any ratings. Just signed up so I could use their search function. Here is how my ratings go:

Just had (no pics are mine)

268217126_1e46d433b4.jpg

Really liked it. I've been loving chocolate stouts since I tried them a few months ago. I'm not even much of a chocolate eater. They smooth the roasted flavor out and add a creamyness. The Rogue accomplished all of that. Not as chocolatey as the Southern Tier, but enough to know it is there which is important.

Right after had this:

[Rahsaan+Roland+Kirk+Stritch+Stout+2009.JPG

I didn't read a very flattering review of this so I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. Really good drinkability, especially for being 10%. The roast is there but isn't over powering. I can see myself buying this again when I don't feel like spending more than $6 on a beer.

Had this the night before:

30588.jpg

Hated this. Couldn't finish it. Too "Belgiany" for me. I like oak aged beers a lot. Not this one. Couldn't find anything to like about it at all.

Well I'm on the third Noble Pils. It ain't bad, but it seems like adding some more malts to this would really make it a beast. Hop flavors are light and jumbled, which makes it a very drinkable session type beer. Kind of feels like a light pale ale on the palate. I can't help but feel like adding some malt backbone to this would make it better. I'll be honest, I thought I'd enjoy this more, but it isn't bad.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Definitely, that is a hell of an IPA. I wrote about this a few pages back, but if you're hooked on hops and you haven't had it, try out Green Flash's Hop Head Red. One of the best & hoppiest beers I've ever had. It's a Southern Cali beer so there's a good chance you've probably already had it but it's worth the mention.

i love the torpedo. not sure ive heard of green flash- where do you get it?

Anybody try the Sam Adams seasonal beer, Noble Pils? I was not expecting much since I've never been too interested in Pilsner beer but I was surprised by how flavorful it was. Very good.

I'm no beer snob, so I can't comment on it's mastery of flavors and such. But I do love this beer. :) I love to try all sorts of beers. The 'hoppier' the better in my book.. !

I used to work at a restaurant that was a brewery. Sweet Water Tavern! It was cool, got to sample lots.

On a random side note: Hahaha. I can't spell the restaurant name properly or it thinks I'm saying **** in Swee****er Tavern, hahaha. :geek:

Edited by Hunny

i love the torpedo. not sure ive heard of green flash- where do you get it?

The only place I've had it so far is Brickskellar. I was at Total Wine yesterday and looked for it but they only have a different Green Flash variety, not the Hop Head Red. I may just get my local liquor store to order some of it for me. They've seemed pretty willing to do that in the past.

oh how life has changed since I was on here last. I now work at Stone Brewery (the makers of Arrogant **** Ale amongst other great beers) and thats opened so many doors for me its unreal.

last Friday the owner of Brew Dog was there and I tried the following

Tokio - 18.2%

Tactical Nuclear Penguin - 32%

Sink the Bismark - 41%

they were all horrible but I can say I have tried them.

oh how life has changed since I was on here last. I now work at Stone Brewery (the makers of Arrogant **** Ale amongst other great beers) and thats opened so many doors for me its unreal.

Tokio - 18.2%

Sink the Bismark - 41%

I can confirm that Mike has turned into a beer snob pretty much overnight.

:pint:

Tokio - 18.2%

Sink the Bismark - 41%

I don't think anything called beer can't taste anything but horrible with an ABV that high.

The alcohol would probably overwhelm everything.

How cool is it working for Stone? Do they hook employees up with discounts? A buddy of mine works for a local Baltimore brewer, (Heavy Seas...formerly Clipper City), and they give employees either 4 cases or a keg of beer each month.

Arrogant **** is good stuff. I even broke down and dropped $19.00 for 6-pack of the Oaked version,(which was excellent but, at that price, won't be doing that too often!). I wish Stone beers were more reasonable here. There must not be a big market for it around here, as it's cheaper in grocery stores in Cali, than it is at liquor stores in MD.

So...when do we get the hookup for some cool Stone swag?? :pint:

working at stone....well these are the beer privleges.

a free 2 liter growler every day

free beer at the bar every day

a free keg every month

a free case every month

and free beer of the month every month..

the TNP and STB were "smoked" but basically it tasted like a shot of burboun with campfire smell over it..no bueno.

working at stone....well these are the beer privleges.

a free 2 liter growler every day

free beer at the bar every day

a free keg every month

a free case every month

and free beer of the month every month..

the TNP and STB were "smoked" but basically it tasted like a shot of burboun with campfire smell over it..no bueno.

Mmmmmmm....Bourbon.

That actually sounds pretty good to me.

You wouldnt be able to drink a whole one Sebowski. I couldnt even finish a 8oz of Tokio.

and working for Stone for me is like a dream come true. Ive been drinking beer since well before I was allowed to and now I get paid to.

This is a typical story for Stone:

I started working here Dec 16th and right before Christmas my new boss hands me 2 beers and says "Put these in your fridge for 4 years; they need to age" they are called shammiclaus or something like that.

typical of the craft beer community.