Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Cool, I'm going to see if I can find it here in DC somewhere. I've kept an eye out for it for a few years but this is the first I've heard of it since N.O.

I usually keep an eye out for it. I didn't know that it had come out so I was happy to see it at the liquor store. I bet any beer store that has a large variety will have it.

Flying Dog has a good barleywine also.

I only checked one store but I haven't found the Bigfoot yet. Instead I picked up a sixer of Sierra Nevada Porter. Probably one of the best Porters I've had in a long time. I'd highly recommend it. A lot of times Porters leave me with a bitter aftertaste, but the Sierra Porter actually has a pleasant aftertaste. Which leaves you wanting another beer every time. :pfft:

I only checked one store but I haven't found the Bigfoot yet. Instead I picked up a sixer of Sierra Nevada Porter. Probably one of the best Porters I've had in a long time. I'd highly recommend it. A lot of times Porters leave me with a bitter aftertaste, but the Sierra Porter actually has a pleasant aftertaste. Which leaves you wanting another beer every time. :pfft:

If you are willing to make the drive to NOVA. Total Wine is where I got it down here in Charlotte, and I know there are 2 or 3 in NOVA.

But I just called them to check first, maybe some places in DC have it for sale too. I just don't know where.

Love SN Porter, very good indeed

If you are willing to make the drive to NOVA. Total Wine is where I got it down here in Charlotte, and I know there are 2 or 3 in NOVA.

But I just called them to check first, maybe some places in DC have it for sale too. I just don't know where.

Yeah I was going to ask you where you got it but I saw you lived in Charlotte. I'm going to call around this afternoon and see if I can find it in DC, if I can't I'm actually willing to drive/Metro to NOVA for some.

There just doesn't seem to be any good places for beer in the district. Most liquor stores (at least in this area) seem to have just an average beer selection.

Yeah I was going to ask you where you got it but I saw you lived in Charlotte. I'm going to call around this afternoon and see if I can find it in DC, if I can't I'm actually willing to drive/Metro to NOVA for some.

There just doesn't seem to be any good places for beer in the district. Most liquor stores (at least in this area) seem to have just an average beer selection.

Here is the info for:

http://www.totalwine.com/StoreList.aspx?state=VA&store=203

Alexandria (Landmark) Total Wine & More

Hours

Mon-Sat 9am-10pm, Sun 10am-7pm

Phone

Address

Plaza at Landmark

6240 Little River Turnpike

Alexandria, VA 22312

I spoke to the store manager (Ryan) in Alexandria and he said they have tons of it.

On a side note - I called the Springfield store first by accident and they have 47 cases.

Happy drinking.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Here is the info for:

http://www.totalwine.com/StoreList.aspx?state=VA&store=203

Alexandria (Landmark) Total Wine & More

Hours

Mon-Sat 9am-10pm, Sun 10am-7pm

Phone

Address

Plaza at Landmark

6240 Little River Turnpike

Alexandria, VA 22312

I spoke to the store manager (Ryan) in Alexandria and he said they have tons of it.

On a side note - I called the Springfield store first by accident and they have 47 cases.

Happy drinking.

:1stplace:

You win.

That's awesome man. I work in Alexandria and can hit that bad boy on the way home tomorrow if I drive to work.

Let me repeat:

You are the man. :)

Anybody ever had this stuff? I've heard mixed reviews (some say the suggestion of an overpowering hop flavor is greatly exaggerated). I'm thinking of giving it a whirl tomorrow.

i think i agree with the reviews. its good, but not as hoppy as alot of other IPA's. been awhile since i've had one, but thats how i recall it.

We just got back from Lake Tahoe, CA and I had the chance to try several different beers. A couple of them really stuck out.

Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop Ale (2009 13th release) It was sold in 22oz, (24oz?), bottles and was excellent. Fresh, hoppy & delicious. The hops seem similiar to the ones used in the Torpedo Ale. I picked it up for around $4.00 at a grocery store.

Lake Tahoe Brewery IPA I had it on draft at the brewery. Another excellent, hoppy brew.

I also found Lagunitas IPA on tap. Unbelievably refreshing and bitter. An excelletn IPA that you can probably find around here, but not on draft.

I also found Lagunitas IPA on tap. Unbelievably refreshing and bitter. An excelletn IPA that you can probably find around here, but not on draft.

I believe Max's has (or at least had) that on tap. No idea what they have right now since the Belgiumfest was this past weekend.

I believe Max's has (or at least had) that on tap. No idea what they have right now since the Belgiumfest was this past weekend.

I believe it.

Max's has a great selection, and we live about 15-20 minutes away, but we seldom go there. Parking and the whole downtown scene is kind of a hassle.

What's sad is that grocery stores in CA have a better selection of craft brews than many local liquor stores.

For my fellow beer lovers, (and those who live nearby), we ought to organize a "field trip" to the Clipper City Brewery for one of their tours. They're relatively close, (exit 9 off of the Baltimore beltway). They offer two tours every Saturday. The tours are free or $5.00 if you want a pint glass and 6 samples. They're typically entertaining, informative and fun.

I'll be tied up over the next few Saturdays, but if any of you guys are up for it, shoot me a PM and I'll get all of the info and throw it together. I think that if we get enough interest, (10+ people maybe?), that we can get a private tour.

For my fellow beer lovers, (and those who live nearby), we ought to organize a "field trip" to the Clipper City Brewery for one of their tours. They're relatively close, (exit 9 off of the Baltimore beltway). They offer two tours every Saturday. The tours are free or $5.00 if you want a pint glass and 6 samples. They're typically entertaining, informative and fun.

I went to some BBQ fest at the brewery last year. It was a good time.