Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

I'm sure if you check my post history I've recommended that place at least 8-10 times on here.

It's my favorite casual restaurant in the area. Foods great, beer's even better. I highly recommend it.

The beer is about standard for what you'd pay for a premium beer on tap at a bar. Their selection is always rotating so they'll probably have some good seasonals. They usually have some good high-alcohols there too. I recommend the sampler, you get to try 6 or so 4 oz glasses of what they have on tap for like $8. It's definitely worth it IMO.

I've had a lot of different food items there too, mostly appetizers and sandwiches but everything's been delicious. I like their BBQ cheddar burger or the roast beef dip sammich. :drool:

Yeah dude this place was sa-weet, but I totally forgot about the sampler after reading a few reviews that recommended getting it. The food was actually pretty damn good, especially after crushing a World Wide Stout. Four cheese pizza wasn't bad at all. Had the stout and a Raison D' Etre, my lady had some princess passion pineapple petunia pansy drink. Man what a great place though. I think I'll be headed back there next weekend. Pissed I didn't try the sampler. I dunno, I was kind of disappointed when my stout came in a snifter glass. I said, "I could gulp this **** in one ****in go!" Hit it on happy hour so saved about 4 bucks altogether, but still, $9.00 for that 'lil cup of joy.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I tried Green Flash's Hop Head Red Ale last night at Brickskeller and I just want to say that this beer is probably now in my top 5 list. Anyone who is into hops will love this stuff. It was recommended by a friend and it delivered. Very hoppy beer with a slightly sweet and crisp aftertaste. I poured it into my glass and it smelled like someone opened a bag of weed in the room (not that I know anything about that :paranoid:). Very hoppy/herbal smell, nice amber color and despite all of the wonderful hoppiness, it manages to keep a pretty balanced taste with just enough malts, so enjoying more than one isn't going to get old with your tastebuds.

green-flash-hop-head-red-ale.jpg

Had that on tap the other day. Green Flash is very hit and miss for me. Well, mostly hits, but they do miss on occasion with me. Love the Hop Head Red.

Yeah dude this place was sa-weet, but I totally forgot about the sampler after reading a few reviews that recommended getting it. The food was actually pretty damn good, especially after crushing a World Wide Stout. Four cheese pizza wasn't bad at all. Had the stout and a Raison D' Etre, my lady had some princess passion pineapple petunia pansy drink. Man what a great place though. I think I'll be headed back there next weekend. Pissed I didn't try the sampler. I dunno, I was kind of disappointed when my stout came in a snifter glass. I said, "I could gulp this **** in one ****in go!" Hit it on happy hour so saved about 4 bucks altogether, but still, $9.00 for that 'lil cup of joy.

I tried the WWS out of a bottle a couple months back. I'm glad the clerk told me it was 12% alcohol because it doesn;t list it on the label. That thing is more like a barley wine than a stout. Thought it was pretty good.

Here is my haul from the beer store yesterday

3-4-10beers.jpg

Tried the Red Poppy and the Mischief last night.

Red Poppy was very good, but just made me wish it was a Concecration. If it was cheaper than Concecration I'd get it, but for more money it isn't worth it.

Mischief was really good. One of the smoothest/hoppiest beers I've had in awhile.

Tonight I'm dipping in to the box my brother sent me from your guys' neck of the woods. Founders Centenial went down great. Going for the Double Trouble as my night cap. Really loving the Founders and Southern Tier my brother is sending me. Too bad I can;t get them out here, but I can;t complain with my selection.

I tried the WWS out of a bottle a couple months back. I'm glad the clerk told me it was 12% alcohol because it doesn;t list it on the label. That thing is more like a barley wine than a stout. Thought it was pretty good.

Actually, it's 18% ABV.

Nice looking beer haul. You got some stuff there us east coasters would kill for. Enjoy!

Kölsch is a local beer speciality, brewed in Cologne, Germany. It is a clear beer with a bright straw-yellow hue, and it has a prominent, but not extreme, hoppiness. It is less bitter than the standard German lager beer, Pilsner. Furthermore, Kölsch is top-fermented at a relatively warm temperature (13 to 21°C, or 55 to 70°F) and then cold-conditioned, or lagered.[1]

Kölsch is strictly defined by the Kölsch-Konvention, an agreement between the members of the Cologne Brewery Association.

Kölsch ...... It is usually served in long, thin, cylindrical 0.2 litre glasses. This glass is known as a Stange....., but is often derisively called a Reagenzglas (test tube), or Fingerhut (thimble). :pfft:

bvnbmhbnbnmb.jpg

The term Kölsch was officially used for the first time in 1918 to describe the type of beer that had been brewed by the Sünner brewery since 1906.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%B6lsch_(beer)

Yeah, next week this snob is gonna get his first taste of My Moms hometown Brew.........

dirndl.gif

Not my Mom

german-girls-life-time-oktoberfest-beer-taste-female-drndl-demotivational-poster-1234118348.jpg

Prost :beerglass

Edited by IHOPSkins

Glad you liked it man. I'm all about that place. I've tried a lot of different menu items and everything I've had has been good. Plus for the quality of the beer and the tastiness of the food, the prices aren't that bad at all. My only complaint would be the location, it's kind of a pain in the ass to drive to just because traffic sucks out there. I wish they'd put one in the city, but either way it's so good that I'll drive out there pretty much anytime lol.

Had that on tap the other day. Green Flash is very hit and miss for me. Well, mostly hits, but they do miss on occasion with me. Love the Hop Head Red.

Yeah Hop Head Red is tasty. I was talking to a friend the other day who used to live in Southern California and he said that Green Flash is pretty popular in the San Diego area. I'd never heard of it out here until I tried it at Brickskeller one night. It seems like a lot of good Pale Ales come out of California. I'm going to try a few different west coast PAs next time I go beer hunting.

***hot German girls w/steins***

:cloud9:

Picked up the Sam Adams Brewmaster's variety pack for Spring.

It has Boston Lager, Boston Ale, Noble Pils, Coastal Wheat, Cream Stout, and Scotch Ale.

Nobil Pils is a new beer for Spring. It was pretty good. A little hoppy, but not bad at all.

Coastal Wheat is probably my favorite of the bunch. A little lemon flavor and very good.

Scotch Ale was horrible. It has a smokey flavor to it and its disgusting. I guess if you like Scotch you might like it, but it wasn't for me.

I haven't tried the Cream Stout yet, that'll be for tonight!

Glad you liked it man. I'm all about that place. I've tried a lot of different menu items and everything I've had has been good. Plus for the quality of the beer and the tastiness of the food, the prices aren't that bad at all. My only complaint would be the location, it's kind of a pain in the ass to drive to just because traffic sucks out there. I wish they'd put one in the city, but either way it's so good that I'll drive out there pretty much anytime lol.

I went to the one in Gaithersburg...It's not bad if you take 355 instead of 270. It kind of irritates me that they put the 90 miniute IPA in snifter glasses. Not worth the price at all, IMO. Probably get the 60 minute and Indian Brown next time. Perhaps something like Midas Touch to start off the night. Dang man talking about it makes me want to go.

I went to the one in Gaithersburg...It's not bad if you take 355 instead of 270. It kind of irritates me that they put the 90 miniute IPA in snifter glasses. Not worth the price at all, IMO. Probably get the 60 minute and Indian Brown next time. Perhaps something like Midas Touch to start off the night. Dang man talking about it makes me want to go.

I've never been to that one. I've only been to the Falls Church location...it's right in the middle of Seven Corners and traffic is always a ***** around there. I agree just talking about that place makes me want to go....they must load up their food with nicotine or something.

Alright 4 more beers to review:

Dogfish Head World Wide Stout (Tap): Came to me and had no head besides a few tan suds lining the top. Motor oil black. Doesn't hide the alcohol that much, but it certainly works with the brew. This will warm your tummy up, which makes it all the better to drink during the winter. Tastes like chocolate and grapes among other sweet fruits...definitely a sweeter-tasting stout than usual. Doesn't go after a particular flavor, just a very well balanced badass of a beer.

Dogfish Head Raison D' Etre (Tap): It was hard for me to appreciate this beer after eating and having a WWS, but the one thing that stood out is that this beer went down very easily. I remember tasting caramel and fruits but it was too jumbled with the aftertaste of the food to really be able to tell. I slammed this beer while saying "yummy" about 5 times. There ya go.

Red Hook Long Hammer IPA (Bottle): The trip to the DFH orgasm facility set me back a few Washingtons, so I've been trying to keep the wallet healthy while making purchases of beer. Dominion and Wild Goose are my fallback options when I gotta save...but this stuff caught my eye today ($6.50 a six pack). Lemme tell ya, great bang for the buck! Nothing that will knock your socks off, but if you need a hop-fix and find yourself low on cash, this should not disappoint. Definitely on the bitter side, very piney, but that's exactly what I love my IPAs to taste like. Hell, I'd get this stuff even if I wasn't trying to save money. 6.5% ABV!

Wild Blue: Again, trying to save money, I rolled the dice with this one. Let's just say one of the dice came up with 1 dot and the other fell in the ****in toilet. I regretted buying this stuff right when I walked out of the store. I was looking so closely at ABV and kaboom! 8% alcohol. I snagged that junk, even though it said "Blueberry flavored beer" on the label. This stuff is not beer. Again, I don't understand how you can qualify beer as a bunch of foot-smashed fruits. So if I take a bloody diarrhea in to a bottle full of cherries and poor some MGD 64 in there I can call it Red Swirl Lager? Give me a break. This stuff was incredibly hard to drink. Prolly took one swig every 5 minutes. Girlfriend drank more of it than I did. The only reason this stuff gets a D- is because there's a chance some of your lady friends will like this stuff, and at 8% ABV it will get their bras off after a few bottles.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

I've decided Sam Adams Noble Pils is the best seasonal Sam Adams beer I've had. Even better than Winter Lager. Just my opinion obviously, but it's pretty damn good.

I like it as well I just think they kinda released a bit early IMO. They should have waited until March its been at my liquor store since early January. Not sure how much they made but I hope it makes it into the spring/early summer.

I've decided Sam Adams Noble Pils is the best seasonal Sam Adams beer I've had. Even better than Winter Lager. Just my opinion obviously, but it's pretty damn good.

I was really impressed with it. Still don't know if its on the same level as Octoberfest and Winter Lager. But maybe I just haven't had enought yet to find out! :pint:

[Red Hook Long Hammer IPA (Bottle):[/color] The trip to the DFH orgasm facility set me back a few Washingtons, so I've been trying to keep the wallet healthy while making purchases of beer. Lemme tell ya, great bang for the buck! Nothing that will knock your socks off, but if you need a hop-fix and find yourself low on cash, this should not disappoint. Definitely on the bitter side, very piney, but that's exactly what I love my IPAs to taste like. Hell, I'd get this stuff even if I wasn't trying to save money. 6.5% ABV!

I was in VT a couple of weeks ago, and they had the Long Hammer IPA on draft at the hotel bar and the bar at the ski resort, (Mt. Snow), and it is excellent on tap.