Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

If you dont mind me asking what do you do for them at Stone? are you helping with the brewing or more on the business side of things?

straight IT work. Desktop support, sys admin stuff but there arent even 300 employees here so it is a really tight group and everyone gets in to brewing from what i hear.

im just waiting to be able to afford my own set up..

http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/oakquinox/

check this out..this is the type of stuff Im talking about. "Dr Bill" is a Skins fan too and pulled me aside one day while I was drinking out of my Skins mug to let me know I had good taste. 99 oaked aged beers on hand for this event..its going to be stupid fun.

http://www.stonebrew.com/calendar/

if ANY of you EVER come out to SD please let me know. I will be more then happy to meet you for a beer or 2 at the place.

Halfway through a 4-pack of

[Murphy's Stout]

which contains a nitrogen widget ball for a big creamy head.

Murphy's has long been one of my favorite beers. I'm a huge fan of the stouts.

Murphy's is a good drink, very similar to Guinness and from my memory it doesn't finish as sharply as the Guinness.

yep, and that's the main reason why I like it even better than Guinness, and I'm a huge fan of Guinness. But it's hard to find it here. The only locations you can get it are in places like Central Market and Whole Foods. And also the beer palaces in the area like The Flying Saucer and The Gingerbread Man, which have about 500 different kinds of beer. Guinness you can get pretty much anywhere.

Have any of you tried Rogue Hazlenut?

Very good and thick like Guinness but it has a hazlenut flavor to it. Excellent and still a top choice for me too..

I have tried the Rogue Chocolate Stout, but not the Rogue Hazelnut. But I checked, and it is at Flying Saucer. So I'll put that on my to-do list for next time. We usually go there every other weekend or so.

working at stone....well these are the beer privleges.

a free 2 liter growler every day

free beer at the bar every day

a free keg every month

a free case every month

and free beer of the month every month..

the TNP and STB were "smoked" but basically it tasted like a shot of burboun with campfire smell over it..no bueno.

Sooo...what's your favorite, so far?

double dry hopped double **** 2006..lol

but on a regular drinking i go with either oaked AB or ruination IPA.

I've never had the "double dry hopped double **** 2006", but as a hop-head, I imagine that it's fantastic.

You're "regular" drinking beer goes for $19.99 and $10.49 a six-pack, around here.

That free beer is a kick-ass bennie!

You should definitely invest in a kegerator.

I hit Total Wine in Alexandria this past weekend and dropped $38 on three variety 6-packs. I picked out 18 different beers to try, I think out of the lot I've only had three of them before.

Here's what I got:

Dogfish Head Aprihop (this is one I've had before. It's a good spring beer, not too sweet with the apricot taste and it's got a higher ABV; 7.7, I believe.)

Victory Prima Pils

Stoudt's Pils

Lost Coast Downtown Brown

Smuttynose Old Brown Dog Ale

Lancaster Strawberry Wheat

Sea Dog Old East IPA

Sea Dog Apricot Wheat

New Holland Mad Hatter IPA

Magic Hat Lucky Kat

I'm at work and can't think of the rest of them now haha, that's a good sign I guess.

ten fiddy is pretty good.

sebastian, stone is about to put their latest collab beer on sail "el camino un real"

Tell me more! Tell me more!

What kind of beer is it? Who did they collaborate with?

Also tell me more about the Tokio from Brew dog. It just hit my local beer place.

Guinness + Bass = Black and Tan. Served at 45 degrees.

Do not know if you have much Bass out there. There has been some attempts at smothering it by Guinness since they were purchased by Anheuser-Busch by not supplying Guinness to places that served Bass.

If Cindy tries to pull that **** he did to Zetterberg on the Caps tonight he's going to get a beatdown.

I don't post in the Caps thread because of superstition. Every time I've participated in a conversation in the Caps threads of years gone by, we muck it up. It's like freakin' clockwork. I'm a damn 2 leaf clover.

Blah, anyway, yes, Crosby really needs to get cranked. I really hate seeing that kid grin while camping like a hippie in front of the net. I digress, If somebody lays him out tonight I will officially go buy me a 10 dollar bottle of beer tomorrow. Any suggestions?

Got some Flying Dog Raging ***** IPA for the game tonight. Figured if since Ovechkin plays with rage and Crosby's a ***** it only made sense.

i've had it twice. the first time, i'm sure i got a bad sixer, cuz it tasted like 'band aid', just like plastic. and i got a second opinion just to be sure.

last week i got another one and it was at least a little better.

i got a sixer of dominion millenium ale the other day. 10.5% ABV. its advertised as 'ale brewed with honey'. not really into really high ABV beers (above 8 or 9% gets to be a little much- seems to take away from the flavor) or sweet beers, but i like dominion, so i took a shot.

its pretty sweet and strong, for sure, but not to the point where its a distraction. i'm a hop head, so its not top of my list. but its drinkable, even if you are only drinking a couple. i do recommend having it cold. forgot to restock the fridge last night and stuck one in the freezer for about 10 minutes. whew! the last half was like doing a shot of whiskey.

Continuing a run of porters, tonight I had a few of these:

kona-pipeline-porter.jpg

from the Longbard Brewing Company out of Hawaii, brewed with Kona coffee beans.

The Pipeline Porter is good.

I've had it in bottles.

I was very surprised to find it on tap in Vermont!.

They were pouring at the bar at the base lodge of Mt Snow, (in VT). People must like it, because the bar only has 6 taps.

I don't drink porters too often but, after a day on the slopes, it really hit the spot. It's a great beer to sit and watch skiers wipe out;)

It's real good in a bottle and it's excellent on draft.

I tapped a keg of this, last night:

100_5963a.

4 1/2 hrs until we hit the "Real Ale & BBQ fest" at the brewery. 10+ casks of ale and BBQ!

:pint::D