Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

Since pumpkin beer season is over for the most part, I'll just say that 2014 was probably my finest season yet.  I finally got a chance to try Pumking & Warlock.  

Pumking is my favorite pumpkin beer so far.  Not only is it great, but it is so different tasting then any other pumpkin beer I have ever had. Very distinct.  For those on the east coast or just in different regions than I live in (west coast) maybe you have had other pumpkin beers that taste similar?

Now it is time for Sierra Nevada Celebration ale vs. Deschutes Jubelale.

Since pumpkin beer season is over for the most part, I'll just say that 2014 was probably my finest season yet. I finally got a chance to try Pumking & Warlock.

Pumking is my favorite pumpkin beer so far. Not only is it great, but it is so different tasting then any other pumpkin beer I have ever had. Very distinct. For those on the east coast or just in different regions than I live in (west coast) maybe you have had other pumpkin beers that taste similar?

Now it is time for Sierra Nevada Celebration ale vs. Deschutes Jubelale.

NoCal on the Pumking wagon. Chyea boyeee. I think Imperial Stouts work as winter seasonals. The Celebration is a great IPA, the Sam Adams Winter Lager is tasty, but man, an imperial stout when it's frigid is the bomb.

Colt 45 and Schlitz Malt liquor! Seriously, since those wild days I've switched to Heineken while wifey poo likes Corona.

Colder the better. In Malta, I was almost in a riot as U.S. and British sailors debated the merits of warm versus cold beer.

Edited by planter

Jeez Louise.  Granted I'm a fairly small guy (5'5" 160) but I can't remember the last time I drank 10-12 beers.  These days just drinking 3-4 drags me down the next morning.  (Not a full-on hangover, but noticeable.)

I'm 6'2", 245, and Irish.   :D

I'm also almost 40, so it can take its toll if I don't get enough sleep lol.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Like 1

I feel like getting housed tonight. Anybody up for some cyber drinking?

been hitting the Bourbon since 7am....I'm game  :P 

Had some Shiner Cheer for a break(pretty good )

tried my first oatmeal stout(rouges roost?) ....bit too creamy and bland

tried a St Arnolds christmas ale, not bad but unexceptional

Edited by twa
  • Like 1

So I was getting more beer for a beer pong session, and I always get something cheap for that game. So I was looking at the Natty, Beast, what have you, and noticed Steel Reserve was about the same price, but 8.1% alcohol. What the!?! I snatched that **** real quick, and whew it kicked everyone's ass. Didn't know that **** was that high in alc. Tasted better than all the other crap in the cheap section as well.

Had a Left Hand Milk Stout the other day. Marvelous.

Right now I have a few 21st Amendment Fireside Chats and Deschutes Jubelale. I will give them a shot tonight and see which one I like better.

I like Fireside Chat a lot. I remember liking it more last year than this, though. Weird.

I'm sipping on a Union Double Duckpin DIPA.  Tastes very similar to a Flying Dog Double Dog. A little less boozy and sweet, but a little more drinkable.