Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Beer Thread

RedskinsFanInTX

So....thought i wasn't a fan of IPAs....just now coming to terms with the reality that i just need super hoppy IPAs. Strange, no?

Just tossed back a Stone: RuinTen. ZOMFG it is sooooo delicious. I also grabbed the collaboration brew.

I regret now that i was once very leary of Stone simply because of its popularity. I felt it may be due to a bunch of trend-jumpers. I'm now of the converted....i really like almost everything they have to offer. between them, & Clown Shoes...i have discovered heaven.

Edited by nemocystem

Seems like the fall beers are coming out earlier and earlier. When it's 90 degrees outside, I don't want a pumpkin beer.

Yup, went to the teeter today to pick up something summerish for a beach trip. It's all fall there now.

There are beer stores that purchase all the excess seasonal when they rotate and sell it at steep discounts. Like 3.99 for 6 packs of Sam Adams.

I'll be on the prowl tomorrow.

Out here in CA the beer shop had 2 different pumpkin beers from Flying Dog already. One was The Fear which I believe they have been brewing for awhile now. It was $15 for a 6 pack so I went with the other one which I believe is new this year called The Gourd Standard.  It is a pumpkin IPA, which is pretty unique. I really really like it.  6.7% It is probably already in my Top 5 pumpkin beers.  As good as it is right now, can't wait until it has been around for a few years when they perfect the recipe.

Edited by NoCalMike

• 2 weeks later...

Co-worker came over tonight to watch his Longhorns. He bought some Not Your Fathers Root Beer. I like it. Currently on my 2nd one now. Didn't think I'd like them.

I had some Sunday. Didn't like. Too much like Cough Syrup. But hey. We've all got different tastes. That's why there's so many delicious beers to choose from.

I had some Sunday. Didn't like. Too much like Cough Syrup. But hey. We've all got different tastes. That's why there's so many delicious beers to choose from.

Oddly enough, I really liked it the first time I tried it and thought it was terrible the second time (too syrupy). Wonder if they have poor quality control issues, seems to be a wide range of opinions on it.

Flying Dog Counter Culture Ale. 6%, and no description on the pack/bottles. Not going to look it up either. This is fun, I'm going to guess it's a brown ale. The pack and bottles are brown and Flying Dog has never had a common brown ale.

Will drink a few of 'em tonight.

Had a taste of one Sunday.  Really good.  Different.  I had a first swig out of the bottle and tasted chocolate and coffee.  Was surprised when it poured amber/copper colored.  Hops up front, but somehow any bitter finish gets cut off as the maltiness takes over.

I was thinking to myself, that can't be a drinking beer while watching a game.  Gotta be too sweet.  Though I hear great things about it.  

Yeah, not bad.  Better than I thought it would be.  Not something I'd always have on hand to drink watching a game.  Then again, I rarely drink beer during a game. I know, I'm not typical. I like an occassional beer, but I can watch a game without drinking anything. I never drink when I go to the games either as I'm usually the one driving.

First one was good.  After I was halfway finished with the 2nd one, the sweetness just got to be too much.  Barely finished it.

Had a taste of one Sunday.  Really good.  Different.  I had a first swig out of the bottle and tasted chocolate and coffee.  Was surprised when it poured amber/copper colored.  Hops up front, but somehow any bitter finish gets cut off as the maltiness takes over.

Had some over the weekend as well. Really liked it alot.

Very pleasantly surprised with how good Shiner's Oktoberfest brew is. Included it in a build your own 6er from Wegmans while they had a lot of fall themed beers. Though 3 of my 6 ended up being Dogfish Punkin Ale because it was cheaper as part of the build your own than it was to buy separately (6 for 9.99 vs 4 for 8.99).

Hate pumpkin anything, unless it's pie.

Which is why i just tried the Bruery: Autumn Maple...brewed with yams, molasses, maple syrup, & spices.

Boldly proclaims, "We don't need pumpkins in our beer!"

Couldn't be more right. Kinda goes down like Sam Adams Utopias. Very delicious, & oh so strong.

Mikey likes it.