Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Gay Marriage Poll

footballhenry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In relation to the recent vote by several states to ban gay marriage I thought it would be interesting to start a thread poll and have members cast their votes as to what they believe should be or not be allowed in regards to homosexuality in this country.

So, in short....should gay marriage be allowed to be legally recognized by the state?

I'm all for gay marriage. My personal opinion is that its not my right to tell you what to do with your body and your love life. And if you feel that being married is the final step to signifying your love for someone then I feel you should be allowed to do it. Gay or straight.

Vote 1 for gay marriage!

Anyone that wants to get married should be able to get married, IMO. What's the big deal?

I don't have a problem with a civil union or partnership but I do with changing the definition of marriage to include same sex relationships.

My reason is personal in that, being a married person, I don't want to have to explain that I'm married to a woman or have people look at me funny when I tell them that I'm married. I think that's reasonable and also a good reason for same sex legal relationships to be called something else besides a "marriage".

Well marriage and civil union are basically the same thing except the words.

The definition of marriage is a union between two individuals or entities.

a civil union is a union between parties of the same sex.

so it looks to me like the word being used is an issue as they mean the same thing basically.

Personally, I don't have a problem with same sex marriage, civil unions or what ever else you want to call them. If you have committed yourself to another person then you should be able to benefit from all the rights and/or advantages of a hetero couple.

I don't have a problem with a civil union or partnership but I do with changing the definition of marriage to include same sex relationships.

My reason is personal in that, being a married person, I don't want to have to explain that I'm married to a woman or have people look at me funny when I tell them that I'm married. I think that's reasonable and also a good reason for same sex legal relationships to be called something else besides a "marriage".

People already look at you funny :silly:

I for one believe if a church doesn't want to marry homosexuals they're well in their rights to do so. If said homosexuals could find a church to get married I'm all for it. So I went with option 2, civil union were they get the same benefits as a married couple and are recognized by the state.

marriage is a LEGAL contract...... how would yall like it if you couldnt sign a contract due to your ethnicity or religious creed or gender?

if a gay couple moves in accross the street from you...... wouldnt you have to explain it to your kids anyway?

what difference does it really make if they were gay?

i know because i grew up with a girl around the corner who lived with her sister her mom and her moms lover of about 25+ years now..........

she grew up well adjusted and hetero..... guess what ..... so did i and all the other kids in the neighborhood.....

we didnt catch the gay.......

I'm not quite sure about how to answer this poll. I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree that homosexual couples should receive the same rights as heterosexual couples when it comes to things like taxes, inheritance, adoption, rights in hospitals etc. But, the act of marriage itself (at least in my mind) is the exchange of vows in a church before God which is something that the state should play no part in.

But as far as the legal aspect goes they deserve the same rights as anyone else, regardless of what you want to call it.

"separate but equal" is still descrimination.

gay marriage should be legal.

in fact, the government should have no say over the concept of "marriage", which is obviously a religious and/or personal issue.

the government should recognize familial (or "civil" if you prefer) unions only, and leave the word "marriage" to the churches and the individuals.

"separate but equal" is still descrimination.

gay marriage should be legal.

in fact, the government should have no say over the concept of "marriage", which is obviously a religious and/or personal issue.

the government should recognize familial (or "civil" if you prefer) unions only, and leave the word "marriage" to the churches and the individuals.

:applause:

I voted for 1. I actually don't ever want to get married myself, but anyone who does should be able to.

I have no problem with it. I look at it this way, if you want to marry someone of the same sex, marry them, if you don't want to, then don't marry them. I don't understand why so many people want to control over other people's lives, decisions, and freedoms.

I voted for number three. No matter what I think of the persons involved (yes I have gay friends), my conscience can never allow me to vote in favor of legitimizing in any way, behavior I consider self-destructive and a sin.

Queue Larry calling me a bigot in 3...2...1... ;)

Yep.

Unfortunately, 52 percent of California didn't agree. :(

It will pass eventually. You can't protest something forever.

Or maybe you can, IDK. But IMO our country has made great strides in social issues and I think gay marriage will be the next step. Maybe the next 50 years even.

Archived