Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Gay Marriage Poll

footballhenry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

marriage is a LEGAL contract......

In the eyes of the State marriage is a legal contract...yes. As such all legal contracts that the State now issues for the union of couples should be considered "civil unions" for both heterosexual and homosexual couples. Get the gov't out of the marriage business, and get me out of the "legal" business.

How?

Equal protection under the law.

Look, this is a hairy situation because marriage is both a religious matter and a civic matter as such religious interpretations come into play in a civic matter, religious interpretations that are called sin, and once a civic law is passed that starts regulating sin then IMO the state has over-stepped its bounds.

Does the State regulate other things that the religious call sin? Yes, but those things; i.e. murder, theft, etc are commonly understood as wrong even by non-religious peoples, when there is conflict and the only argument for the denial of this equal protection under the law is that some religious people consider it a sin, then we are asking the state to legislate religious belief.

again each couple should register at the court house for a change in their legal status, and if they want to be married then find a member of the clergy, and vise versa; if you want to be married but not have the legal protections then so be it.

I voted for option #2.

I fully support giving homosexual couples the exact same rights as heterosexual couples. But frankly, I don't think that's the goal of many homosexuals. I think they want homosexuality "normalized," and I do object to that.

(I guess I'm a bigot too, Zguy.)

I have no strong opinion on it.

My only thoughts are that kids shouldn't be raised by gays or lesbians which is why I am against them adopting. I know there are probably cases where the kids turned out completely normal but still, I think that most kids will have some problems developmentally.

I do not think it should be normalized, as HH said.

I believe they are born gay and it certainly isn't a choice, but if it were "normal" the species would be in decline.

My only thoughts are that kids shouldn't be raised by gays or lesbians which is why I am against them adopting. I know there are probably cases where the kids turned out completely normal but still, I think that most kids will have some problems developmentally.

Straight people have gay kids too. Just saying.

As apposed to kids growing up with foster parents, single parents or no parents at all... :rolleyes: :doh:

Glad option 1 is winning... :applause:

I do not think it should be normalized, as HH said.

I believe they are born gay and it certainly isn't a choice, but if it were "normal" the species would be in decline.

Can you elaborate on what kind of problems kids would have developmentally?

Also, what do you mean by "normalized"?

I think the key issue with people not agreeing with gay marriage is the word marriage and its definition being one man and one woman. Frankly, when I think marriage, I think of two people who love (or are supposed to love) one another and are bonded for the rest of their lives. Gender has never really entered the equation when I think of marriage, but thats just me.

Gay people probably wouldn't raise their kids to be gay in most cases, still doesn't make it OK. Kids need a mom and a dad IMO.

So you would choose for an orphaned child be raised by the system with no parents atll instead of being raised by two loving parents of the same sex?

It just seems like the more people there are to care for & adopt children, then the better.

So you would choose for an orphaned child be raised by the system with no parents atll instead of being raised by two loving parents of the same sex?

It just seems like the more people there are to care for & adopt children, then the better.

That's hard to answer. Of course I want to see kids go to loving homes with parents.

I wouldn't be out fighting and protesting if gays were adopting. I don't care enough to do so. I honestly don't even know if gays are allowed to adopt. Is it a state thing?

As I stated earlier, I don't have much of an opinion on this since it really doesn't affect me either way. And I don't really believe homosexual behavior to be a "sin." Honestly don't really care about it. But, my personal opinion is that kids should have a mom and a dad.

I find it really funny how the other side(gays) preach tolerance of other beliefs, yet when Prop 8 passed in California they took to the streets and protested(rather agressively and violently I might add)

They ripped yes on 8 signs from vehicles and assaulted those who were against them. So I guess the tolerance thing only goes one way??

Which proves my point that they don't want tolernace, they want acceptance and if you don't accept them, than you are a hater, homophobe and bigot.

I've also found this debate isn't a fair debate anyway. Becuase those having the debate fall into 2 catagories.

Those who believe it is wrong based on religious reasons and those who don't.

If you don't believe in what the bible says than you probably won't think gay marriage is wrong.

Than you have those who do believe it is wrong based on biblical beliefs. To argue with those who don't think it is wrong is pointless.

It's like to trying to tell a socialpathic murderer that what he did was wrong. In his mind he doesn't see it that way, so to do so is wasting time and fruitless.

Not saying gays are murderers. Just trying to use an example where someone doesn't see anything as being wrong and the pointless act of argueing with them.

I find it really funny how the other side(gays) preach tolerance of other beliefs, yet when Prop 8 passed in California they took to the streets and protested(rather agressively and violently I might add)

They ripped yes on 8 signs from vehicles and assaulted those who were against them. So I guess the tolerance thing only goes one way??

Which proves my point that they don't want tolernace, they want acceptance and if you don't accept them, than you are a hater, homophobe and bigot.

I've also found this debate isn't a fair debate anyway. Becuase those having the debate fall into 2 catagories.

Those who believe it is wrong based on religious reasons and those who don't.

If you don't believe in what the bible says than you probably won't think gay marriage is wrong.

Than you have those who do believe it is wrong based on biblical beliefs. To argue with those who don't think it is wrong is pointless.

It's like to trying to tell a socialpathic murderer that what he did was wrong. In his mind he doesn't see it that way, so to do so is wasting time and fruitless.

Not saying gays are murderers. Just trying to use an example where someone doesn't see anything as being wrong and the pointless act of argueing with them.

They are mad because of the lies being told by the Yes on 8 people, like the one about mandatory teaching of homosexual lifestyle in schools. A LOT of people actually thought that was a real concern...

Archived