Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone hear Zorn get into with Czabe and Andy?

JoeGibbsRypenGClark91

you mean crazy little angles like awnings on hot days?

Oh, that's different and you know it! :silly:

But I do get your point ...

I think keeping your players healthy by giving them shade is different then trying to figure when the crowd is getting back from the bathroom and the concession stands.

Who's 'they'?

980. They rank the 25 stations in the area by age groups. 980 is always 23 or 24 out of 25.

No one listens to 980 because the local talent is awful. They had one good show in the Doc Walker show and they took that away.

They coverage of the local teams is pathetic. They don't even have a Wizards or Terps show on a all sports station. At least not a regular show.

Yes. What some of you may not know is that Larry Michael asked him why he doesn't choose to defer until the half on the Redskins Nation show that's taped in the morning. Czabe at 4pm asked Zorn the very same question (essentially, it was close) regarding why Zorn never defers. Zorn went nuts. He got short, started raising his voice, and called them "you two guys"....It was so classic. I like Czabe lately for some reason, but I just love to hear Zorn get pissed at Czabe and Andy. This is the second time I've heard Z-man get snappy with these guys. It's always entertaining. :laugh:

980. They rank the 25 stations in the area by age groups. 980 is always 23 or 24 out of 25.

No one listens to 980 because the local talent is awful. They had one good show in the Doc Walker show and they took that away.

They coverage of the local teams is pathetic. They don't even have a Wizards or Terps show on a all sports station. At least not a regular show.

Was not aware of that. I tried googling DCRTV and got nothing. You'd think that the listeners would have a say in the matter. Have you ever had the chance to listen to the John Castleberry show?

No, i am sure he would be better then Czaben or Sheehan.

Thats too bad, the guy is awesome. I tried locating some audio archives, but failed.

Im not sure how much good it would do but Ive thought about starting a thread to get the word out that the fans, at-least down here in the tidewater area, would like him back on the air. And since you guys in and around D.C. are used to blowhards like Czabe, Castleberry would be a breath of fresh air.

It came as a complete shock when Castleberry announced that he was losing his show. It was a daily show from 2-4 P.M. and one friday afternoon towards the beginning of the month, he announced the news. Well the local listeners were outraged. For two solid hours, callers expressed their disappointment, and believe me, 'disappointment' may be the understatement of the year. And it wasnt just skins fans, he had fans of every team listening because he was fair, unbiased, respectable and professional.

Below is a testimonial from a listener. He echoes what we all felt about the show. Ill also provide a link.

CASTLEBERRY IS BETTER

Submitted by wallym81817 on Sat, 03/10/2007 at 1:00 pm.

I enjoyed listening to the Tides last year due to John Castleberry. We also listened to him broadcast the US Naval Academy games. He is a top notch broadcaster. His radio program on 102.1 FM The Game is awesome. This new sports station is just what this area needed, as the 1310 afternoon program with T.M. is awful. I like the unbiased sports reporting on the game. Castleberry remains neutral and doesn't alienate the fans of other teams as 1310 does. Go Castelberry! It's the Tides loss!

http://hamptonroads.com/node/234501

Yes. What some of you may not know is that Larry Michael asked him why he doesn't choose to defer until the half on the Redskins Nation show that's taped in the morning. Czabe at 4pm asked Zorn the very same question (essentially, it was close) regarding why Zorn never defers. Zorn went nuts. He got short, started raising his voice, and called them "you two guys"....It was so classic. I like Czabe lately for some reason, but I just love to hear Zorn get pissed at Czabe and Andy. This is the second time I've heard Z-man get snappy with these guys. It's always entertaining. :laugh:

For the record, Zorn's answer to Larry was that a lot teams don't think the Skins offense can march down the field on the opening drive & score points. They (Zorn & his team) believe otherwise. That they have a game to play & can't wait on the crowd to get into their seats.

For the record, Zorn's answer to Larry was that a lot teams don't think the Skins offense can march down the field on the opening drive & score points. They (Zorn & his team) believe otherwise. That they have a game to play & can't wait on the crowd to get into their seats.

I still disagree with the strategy, but I admit that Zorn obviously knows more about football than I do.

I like starting on defense for some reason. Maybe it's because adrenaline is pumping to start the game and that tends to aid the D more than the O.

The best scenario I can think of is that we start on D, get a stop, and score on our first drive. To me, that's like stealing a possession since we've taken away the "fair ups" in a way. I realize the same can happen if we score on our opening drive and then force a stop, but it just feels better my way (at least to me).

:D

Deferring the Kick has absolutely nothing to do with crowd noise...LOL

Unless you do not have a good defense at all then deferring is the most logical way to go.

The thinking behind it is that, if you have the lead you have the opportunity to increase it the first possession of the second half or, if you are behind you have the opportunity to decrease the lead.

There's a reason why it is popular in college and now the NFL and it's not because the crowd might be eating..LOL.

Receiving in the second half is not a bad idea at all. That's the logic behind it anyway.

Well they honestly might be on to something there. In our 3 home games, the Saints drove the field for a TD and both Arizona/St Louis drove the field for FGs after the half.

Of course #1 priority in an out-door field is getting the favorable side in the 4th quarter. (if weather is a factor) Otherwise its just preference and game-planning.

Sounds like good radio though. I hope Zorn won't be as stubborn as Joe and will continue to do the interviews. Its entertaining. :)

I use to listen to John Castleberry down here in tidewater, but he got the boot a couple weeks ago. For those of you not familiar with Castleberry, he was far and away, leaps and bounds better than ANYONE currently representing the Washington Redskins. Since his show was cut, Ive stopped listening to sports talk completely.

I'm not familiar with this guy, but I'm curious, any chance he's related to Todd Castleberry, 980's one-time general manager and who used to be Andy and Steve's boss?

On Sunday, I remember asking myself if it was the first time this year that we'd won the coin toss. I think we started all the wins with the defense on the field. I'm not saying this is the key to winning, but I remember wondering about it at the beginning of the Rams game. Does anyone remember if we started all of the winning games with our defense on the field first?

Archived