Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After Bailout, AIG Execs Head to California Resort

China

After Bailout, AIG Execs Head to California Resort

Rescued by Taxpayers, $440,000 for Retreat Including "Pedicures, Manicures"

By BRIAN ROSS and TOM SHINE

October 7, 2008

SHARE Less than a week after the federal government committed $85 billion to bail out AIG, executives of the giant AIG insurance company headed for a week-long retreat at a luxury resort and spa, the St. Regis Resort in Monarch Beach, California, Congressional investigators revealed today.

"Rooms at this resort can cost over $1,000 a night," Congressman Henry Waxman (D-CA) said this morning as his committee continued its investigation of Wall Street and its CEOs.

AIG documents obtained by Waxman's investigators show the company paid more than $440,000 for the retreat, including nearly $200,000 for rooms, $150,000 for meals and $23,000 in spa charges.

"They're getting their pedicures and their manicures and the American people are paying for that," said Cong. Elijah Cummings (D-MD).

"This unbridled greed," said Cong. Mark Souder (R-IN), "it's an insensitivity to how people are spending our dollars."

Appearing before the committee, Martin Sullivan, the AIG CEO until June, said the company was overwhelmed by a "financial global tsunami," and that "no simple or single cause" was to blame.

Click on the link for the full article

And guess what guys... none of us who have read this are going to do anything about it. We're lazy Americans and we assume SOMEBODY will do something about it.

I just fired an email to my Senator and Governor.

**** both of them and **** these AIG douchebags too.

I'm so fed up with Washington that I'm voting 3rd party this year.

And guess what guys... none of us who have read this are going to do anything about it. We're lazy Americans and we assume SOMEBODY will do something about it.

I just fired an email to my Senator and Governor.

**** both of them and **** these AIG douchebags too.

I'm so fed up with Washington that I'm voting 3rd party this year.

THAT'S the spirit!

These vermin need to be rounded up and ****ing SHOT, if there was ever a good label for "enemy combatant" it's these pieces of ****. Send them to gitmo with no trial, tourture and waterboard them daily then execute on national TV so that others like them can learn a ****ing lesson.

They've been doing this for years.

My last job, I booked travel exclusively for the AIG account.

All I did was book all-expense trips for the AIG employees and their families to so-called "conferences" where they'd spend a week in some lavish Carribbean, Hawaiian, or Mexican resort.

Archived