Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone worried about Saunders?

TD_washingtonredskins

Not worried one bit!!! Our gameplan is diff. and if he knew our players so well why weren't we more of a Top Tiered team since he is such a Genius??? You know playing to our players strengths? He's done well In the past but maybe the latest part of his resume is an indicator of his current scheming...

Saunders obviously still knows the running game because he helped install it for the most part, but I would hope that we're better than the Rams, and are able to execute no matter what.

From everything that has been said by not only the media and players (CP), Saunders had nothing to do with installing our running game. Everything I've heard is that he was in charge of installing and scheming out our passing game and Gibbs was in charge of our running game. CP even said this.

Either way, I doubt that he has any good information to pass on to the Rams' D. I mean this is the same guy that decided it was a good idea to move Moss, who was coming off of a career year, from the X receiver position to the Z receiver position, which is the more physical receiver spot (what a ****ing idiot).

Thank God that Saunders is gone and Zorn is here, since Zorn actually puts his best players in positions where they can maximize their talents. (Seriously though, what kind of ****ing idiot was Saunders that he took Moss, one of the league's fastest and best deep ball receivers, and have him play the more physical Z position...that alone should tell you how much of an idiot he is)

And if anyone is worried, it should be Al "I am nothing without Dick Vermeil or Mike Martz" Saunders. Our offense knows what type of plays he likes to call, and our defense faced Saunders' offense in practice for two years.

We are going to dominate this game and the final score will be similar to the Detroit game of last year. Out of the next 3 "easy" games we have, only the Browns worry me.

Wait. Was this a serious question?
:applause:seriously:rolleyes::doh:

My apologies...:doh:

I forgot that this month of winning has made us unbeatable. I must be a fool to think that Saunders might know something about the personnel that he coached or the defense he practiced against every day for 2 years here in Washington! :rolleyes:

Come on guys...I prefaced everything by saying I realize that the Rams are struggling themselves. I just didn't know if we should be concerned about facing a coach who was here for two years.

I'm excited about our start too, but I don't get where all this ****iness is coming from in our fanbase...we're a good team, but we're hardly last year's Pats.

I remember Steven Jackson owning us in OT in 2006.

I remember a lot of people owning us in 2006.

Saunders is not my worry. My worry is Bulger, Holt and Jackson, who are good, legitimate players.

What we have on our side is their O-Line is pretty bad, and their defense is terrible. Saunders won't be able to help either thing.

'Skins should be able to take advantage.

My apologies...:doh:

I forgot that this month of winning has made us unbeatable. I must be a fool to think that Saunders might know something about the personnel that he coached or the defense he practiced against every day for 2 years here in Washington! :rolleyes:

Come on guys...I prefaced everything by saying I realize that the Rams are struggling themselves. I just didn't know if we should be concerned about facing a coach who was here for two years.

I'm excited about our start too, but I don't get where all this ****iness is coming from in our fanbase...we're a good team, but we're hardly last year's Pats.

Agree with the bolded, TD. ES these days is full of superlatives and brash predictions lol. We can be thankful we the fans don't play the games or prepare for them, or we'd be in for a world of hurt. That said, as I said in my earlier post in this thread, all the advance knowledge and extra prep time in the world won't make a difference assuming we execute the way we have been. We just have better talent than this team across the board. I don't think Zorn will let up on the gas pedal, and he isn't likely to let his guys think they're better than they really are only a quarter of the way into his first season as a HC.

Saunders doesn't have the necessary weapons on offense to hurt us. The Rams don't have the skill players to take advantage of any tenancies that Saunders may convey about this team.

Last time I looked they had Steven Jackson. Holt Kennison, and Bennett aren't scrubs either. We'll win this one, but we better be very careful because this is still the NFL.

My mantra..

"Remember the Raider game". 2005 Season - 16-13 loss at home.

Saunders doesn't have the necessary weapons on offense to hurt us. The Rams don't have the skill players to take advantage of any tenancies that Saunders may convey about this team.

The skill position players aren't the problem. It's the line that's the issue. They went from having a great line about 3 years ago to one that stinks now.

1. The St.Louis offensive line blows and if the Cowboys and Eagles couldn't push our D-Line around, they sure as hell won't.

2. Holt and Looker are decent at WR but Rogers, Springs, Smoot, Landry, and Horton have played very well against better players this year.

3. Jackson is a good RB but he isn't even in the category of Brian Westbrook and we stopped him.

There is no reason why we shouldn't kick the living **** out of the Rams this weekend.

Agree with the bolded, TD. ES these days is full of superlatives and brash predictions lol ...
Imagine this board if, by some stroke of very bad luck, the Rams should win :doh:

I don't see it happening, though.

Archived