Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tribal Wars crew - Who's still going?

Art

Oh, and please, whatever you guys do, don't let Feya know that the band is getting back together, because she'd want to play, and then she'd try to talk me into playing... Well, that would get bad.

:phone: ...hello? Feya? Yes, this is Grossaffe, we're getting the band back together. We're on a mission from God.

:laugh: I saw a message in my mailbox and a report that some guy called MyNameisBrad wanted in. I was thinking that either this was Brad89 or some poor **** who just made a bad move.

Well, it's both. I shouldn't have made the account..but whatever. I've started, and I've got what, 7 hours or so to make this baby purr.

I just want to get on the forums so I can read Loki's detailed plans of what to do for the first 3 days. :D

Oh, and please, whatever you guys do, don't let Feya know that the band is getting back together, because she'd want to play, and then she'd try to talk me into playing... Well, that would get bad.

hmmm I think I may have my old IM ID still working....:evil: :logo:

Yes, of course. Farming is what allows you to carve out early advantage. Most of my time in the game was political and coordinating than it was farming anyway.

i don't know man. if my memory serves me right, you left before the tw / ftr war. i'm being honest when i say this, if you didn't fight in that war, your idea of what this game is all about and the time commitment involved will be inaccurate. that war was real war, and it the game was drastically different than it was when we were farming, or fighting dwl or the other **** tribes. we're talking farming in here, but you could give away millions of resources at that point in the game, warehouses almost always were full. but the attack coordination, and defending hundreds, thousands of attacks that land every 5 minutes for 5 days really is a whole different world.

i don't know man. if my memory serves me right, you left before the tw / ftr war. i'm being honest when i say this, if you didn't fight in that war, your idea of what this game is all about and the time commitment involved will be inaccurate. that war was real war, and it the game was drastically different than it was when we were farming, or fighting dwl or the other **** tribes. we're talking farming in here, but you could give away millions of resources at that point in the game, warehouses almost always were full. but the attack coordination, and defending hundreds, thousands of attacks that land every 5 minutes for 5 days really is a whole different world.

I imagine that was difficult, made more so by a spread tribe as we were. We'll spend the early days shoring up fixed areas of control for radiating power making it difficult to penetrate. You may hit our fringes, but our base will be reasonably difficult to get to. We won't defend multiple fronts where we're hugely outnumbered unless we decide to seed a new area.

Without question the major war is very burdensome and time consuming. Anticipating that we'll try to communicate our individual status thoroughly and well each day as many times as we need and being small we should be fine versus a monster tribe spawning multiple areas.

I imagine that was difficult, made more so by a spread tribe as we were. We'll spend the early days shoring up fixed areas of control for radiating power making it difficult to penetrate. You may hit our fringes, but our base will be reasonably difficult to get to. We won't defend multiple fronts where we're hugely outnumbered unless we decide to seed a new area.

Without question the major war is very burdensome and time consuming. Anticipating that we'll try to communicate our individual status thoroughly and well each day as many times as we need and being small we should be fine versus a monster tribe spawning multiple areas.

we'll need an exodus plan for those of us estranged to be able to meet up with larger groups of members. I myself am pretty much on an island out there.

A well coordinated monster tribe is tough to defeat. FTR and TW, as well as ESL were all fairly large tribes, and incredibly coordinated. I remember having mutliple attacks, along with fakes from multiple members hitting within minutes or seconds of each other. With that, you can't even guess which ones are fakes or not. When you have 754 incoming attacks, you just have to hope you have enough troops to defend.

There comes a point where you don't even care if you lose a noble, you just build another. You send resources to ANYONE because you have too many, and your barracks are queued up for days.

It's an entirely different ball game. Hopefully I can pry myself away before it gets to that. :)

By the time the FTR/TW war came, we had actually become a pretty compact tribe.

On the left is a map of ESL after Art left. On the right is a map of ESL after I left: (Thanks Cpt_Jack)

eslwe9.png

We slowly lost all of our outposts after you left, first in the east and then when Aten betrayed us (**** you Cpt_Jack), we began to lose ground in the north, but we built our stronghold in the west, with the dense clump being just west of where Lokinder's original villages were. I think after Major left, we absorbed a nearby tribe to strengthen that area.

We definitely were able to hold strong in a dense cluster for a very long time, even when we were completely ****ed by the CEG merger and then the TW/FTR merger. After a while though, the cluster became a little too dense, and there were definitely players in the middle playing SimCity instead of Tribal Wars.

Also, one thing that tends to happen is that one side of your cluster becomes the battlefront, and your weak players on that side will have to fall back while the strong players will end up holding the line. Unfortunately, your next enemy might end up on the other side of your cluster, and those players have often spent the past few weeks twiddling their thumbs, and they get eaten alive.

Being spread out actually did have its diplomatic advantages in the beginning. We made a lot of friends, and with good players, earned the respect of a lot of the big tribes. Nobody wanted to take us on because although they might outnumber us in one area, we likely outnumbered them in another, and it wasn't until tribes got incredibly large that we were really threatened.

Communication is definitely key, but when the battle comes, you really just need individuals to commit massive amounts of time. It looks like my account was deleted or something, but this snippet of battle when I was sitting Utah's account shows how crazy it can be.

http://en2.twplus.org/file/player/47976/conquers/?page=12

Over four days, I had twenty villages changing hands ... that week started with over a thousand incoming attacks, which I defended only losing two villages, which I quickly recaptured. Unfortunately, crash, a neighboring ESL player, was also facing the same onslaught, and he started losing villages left and right ... so I was forced to try to take back every one of those villages as they fell. My schedule was basically waking up, checking to make sure ESL hadn't lost any villages, keeping queues going in 400 villages across three accounts, scouting and attacking to take villages back, and trying to move towards some kind of diplomatic solution to the nightmare...

I recommend quitting the game before you get to that point. :silly:

As much as I enjoyed playing the last time you were around, just can't do it again. To many things going on in my life right now to concern myself with playing TW the way I need to play it. Good luck however and keep us all in the loop of how ESL does.

OK, if you're not in, send us your girlfriend!

First, no Kindr, Feya is too busy, and when I get to Finland, she'll really be too busy.

Red, man, I taught her everything she knows, but not everything I know. :P

Eh..shes got awhile it seems the way your passport situation keeps going!!:doh: :laugh: :logo:

Archived