Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What were the best years of your life?

One Shot

from 19 until now.

I went to Guam at 19, saw the world from the deck of an aircraft carrier. I went to as many countries as I possibly could and then came to SD to make my home. Met my future ex wife and had the best kid in the world, got divorced. i turned to booze and drugs to cope, pulled myself out of that mess by my own 2 feet, got an education and established myself as a person who can be trusted amongst those who know me.

34 is a crazy year for me and sometimes I feel like Im living on borrowed time. I partied so much and did so much to my body in a harmful way that I often wonder how long I have. That makes me want to live life to the fullest if I can every single day.

Witnessing the birth of my son in '05 and watching him learn and grow have made these past few years the best of my life.

Prior to that it would have to my senior in High school and my years in the Army. I had such a good time in the Army and miss the Army buddies I fell out of touch with. Great times...not sure how I survived some of the stupid stuff we did without getting an Article 15. :paranoid:

Ahead of me,Im hopefully going to college and play offensive line then hopefully go to the NFL,then have a good career then go into coaching and 50 years from now I will be on a beach in Maui with my wife and grandkids :)

Good luck to you, but I hope you make some alternate plans too. :)

College was pretty freaking awesome except for the being broke part.

Now is pretty freaking great, except for the having so little free time part.

Basically. Although towards the end of college I started making great money

Life has only gotten better for me as the years have gone by. 2007 was definitley one of my favorite years, and so was 2002. Part of me wishes it could be the summer of 2001 again, pre 9/11 and how different the world seemed then

Nonetheless there is no place I'd rather be then where I am now

I have to say, holding my girls and letting them fall asleep in my arms is the best it could ever be. Getting them out of the car when they are already asleep. They put their arms around you to hang on. That's it for me. A melted idiot.

You're not an Idiot Capt...The highlight of the day for me is carrying my son back to bed and watching him fall asleep. I know where you're coming from. :cheers:

I believe the best years are yet to come.

Each day is wonderful.

I wake up.

I live.

I love.

I grow.

And each day, I learn, I accept, I pray, I am thankful.

My life is full of joy.

There may be days which are not pleasant.

Days when I wonder "why/".

But I know that I have a life full of family and friends......whom I love......and want to love for a long time.

Each tomorrow is the beginning of another best year.

The only reason I might even remotely say that my teenage years were the best....because in those days my older brother is still alive and well.

Every now and then I look back on those years and smile, laugh and sometimes cry...but my son always brings me back to the present and reminds that there is always something to look forward.

Witnessing the birth of my son in '05 and watching him learn and grow have made these past few years the best of my life.

Prior to that it would have to my senior in High school and my years in the Army. I had such a good time in the Army and miss the Army buddies I fell out of touch with. Great times...not sure how I survived some of the stupid stuff we did without getting an Article 15. :paranoid:

I had great times in the Army and cherish them. To this day, my best friends are my Army buddies.

I still feel the best years are ahead. I'm going to law school, which won't be fun, but will set up the future that I want to build for my family. I feel at that point I will be enjoying the best times of my life.

The summer of 99 was amazing for me. I was living rent free and I had enough money in the bank that I didn't have to work. I hit the gym every morning, played hockey with friends at noon, swam or ran in the afternoon then it was videogames until whenever. I will say that it was a bit of an "aimless" existence, but man was I in great shape.

My wife and kids are great and I'm very happy with them, so now is a pretty good time as well.

Archived