Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Church of Oprah Exposed

georgiaredskin

Wow! Oprah has lost it! She just signed that lil dude's check for billions of dollars...If Oprah puts her name on it...it's gonna go gold! And did she say.."Man made God in his own image?"..Meaning humans have put God beneath them? Good grief.

The name of that book that they touted toward the end of the video was funny tho...I'm sure that author must be posting/reading the stadium threads.."Don't Drink the Kool-Aid":laugh:

So ....I guess the new question is...Is Oprah the Anti-Christ?:whoknows:

Yeah, that is kind of funny at the end when the voice ominously intones about the Peace Alliance campaigning to establish a Department of Peace. "What can we do?" he asks the audience, as if this is a threat that needs to be stopped.

Really, I am not fan of Oprah and I think she is often pretty silly, but I look around the world and see a lot more vital issues then this woman talking about alternative spirituality. If that is their bag, so be it, as long as it does not infringe upon your worship.

"We should live the life we choose and allow others to do the same."

Karla you know I love you, but I don't, at all, agree with you here.

.... I even agree with what she's saying.

I posted this thread not so people would agree with me (for God knows Himself most in this day in age wouldn't) but to reveal this so people could make up their own minds. One of my favorite phrases is, "This to thee is that to me." I love you so much, Joe. You are one of the 5 of my best unsaved friends that David and I pray for every single night for your heart to be touched by Jesus, so you can know the grace that we feel. Whatever you choose to believe is up to you, but I won't give up on my prayers. My mom saw Jesus when she was dying. I know He is Lord.

EDIT: And furthermore, can we just get an End Times Forum already?

Then you would have to make a separate forum for everything that makes some people uncomfortable. That's what is so beautiful about the Tailgate, where you get to discuss everything "non-football". If you can't take the heat or don't want to face it, don't read it. It may be easier for you to block it out of your minds if it were in a separate forum, but if I nor King Brice nor others didn't get to post about it where all the other topics were allowed, we wouldn't feel right being in Heaven without having warned those Redskin fan-friends we love. :)

wow, I thought that rapturism was out of vogue with "The Church"

Et tu Brute? You don't have to go to church to learn about the rapture. Just read the Bible. And there is nothing vogue or worldly about my Bible, which I believe is the inerrant word of God. I believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior-and that is not politically correct nor popular. Oh well!

Prophecies are coming true, people acting uglier, the world is getting worse. Students are now beating up teachers for goodness sake! But I guess what is "vogue" now is not "church", not "the Bible", but instead some popular, rich, talk-show host who is using her fame now to try to lead GAZILLIONS others in her spiritual direction. False teachers will abound in the end times. Just as prophesied. Quick! Close your eyes! There's that word again! (doesn't matter if the topic is relevant!)

I had thought she was a Christian. Way wrong. Enlightening video. She is leading the masses astray. This comes as a surprise, yet if you believe that the end of times are near, it should not be a surprise. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life!

Honestly, I'm surprised that you're surprised. Oprah's been peddling New Age teachings and authors for ages now. She was a big proponent of The Secret, for instance.

Perhaps.

People follow many other people that some don't agree with. Personally, I could give a **** less what Oprah has to say. If others do that is up to them. Same as any of the other multitudes of religion.

I am a religious man but I agree with you here. I could give a rats butt what Oprah has to say. Money doesnt equal smarts to me.

Prophecies are coming true, people acting uglier, the world is getting worse. Students are now beating up teachers for goodness sake! But I guess what is "vogue" now is not "church", not "the Bible", but instead some popular, rich, talk-show host who is using her fame now to try to lead GAZILLIONS others in her spiritual direction. False teachers will abound in the end times. Just as prophesied. Quick! Close your eyes! There's that word again! (doesn't matter if the topic is relevant!)

The world is getting worse?

- When in history has man worried about the rights of terrorists?

- When in history has the death penalty been seen as too cruel for even the worst offenders?

- When in history has health care for the poorest among us been viewed as a right?

- When in history has a WAR been built around the least impact on civilians?

The world is not getting worse. That's the crap "Christians" are teaching these days in an effort to place a false "fear of God" in their flock. We live in the information age - a time that many in the past probably didn't even dream possible. We have access to endless information at our fingertips in our own homes. With that knowledge comes knowledge of the good and bad going on all over the world. Knowing it however doesn't mean it's worse. With that knowledge also comes spiritual danger: Sin requires knowledge (think back to the tree, and what it was called). We now KNOW who is in need and how to help... and when we choose not to, we sin.

Compared to the exploration period when men decided that native peoples were worthless today is a blessed time.

What's sad is that so many "Christians" don't realize that the perversion of Christ is happening in legit churches. Pride is rarely seen as a sin anymore as chruches teach that America is somehow God's nation and elevated among others. Greed is rarely talked about in the richest nations of the world as millions starve elsewhere. Lying is no longer thought of as a major sin as we eagerly forgive those that tell them so long as we agree with their reasoning. Good works are now "optional" in modern churches and Jesus' words about us being judged by our choices when encountering the weak and poor are dilluted and ignored.

The enemy of Gods church is within it's walls... as it's always been. Many are called, few are chosen.

I have a few comments......

#1- If we opened a politics and religion forum, I'll help MOD it

#2- Oprah is neither Jesus nor satan.

#3- Oprah is straying millions in the wrong direction if this thread is legit

#4- Do NOT look to ANY president of the past 5 elections as a Xtian role model....dear lord.....Bush especially......these 3 candidates are nearly as bad as he is though....

------

If this peace treaty passes through this year ( possibly may ) that marks the day of the biggest prophetic fulfillment in the last 2000 years......it is the day that begins the day of the final 7 years until Armageddon.

How much value does Oprah's word have if I can prove this to people? Zero.....we'll see.....especially if the treaty meets all the requirements of the prophecy like the jewish officials say it is.......

I have a few comments......

#1- If we opened a politics and religion forum, I'll help MOD it

#2- Oprah is neither Jesus nor satan.

#3- Oprah is straying millions in the wrong direction if this thread is legit

#4- Do NOT look to ANY president of the past 5 elections as a Xtian role model....dear lord.....Bush especially......these 3 candidates are nearly as bad as he is though....

------

If this peace treaty passes through this year ( possibly may ) that marks the day of the biggest prophetic fulfillment in the last 2000 years......it is the day that begins the day of the final 7 years until Armageddon.

How much value does Oprah's word have if I can prove this to people? Zero.....we'll see.....especially if the treaty meets all the requirements of the prophecy like the jewish officials say it is.......

Mods, please move to the KB28 mod'd Religion and Politics Forum. :D

Speaking of things as silly as asking KB to be a mod...;):D

I'm way overdue for a lyrics post :silly:

Desolate loving in your eyes

You used an' made my life so sweet

Step out like a god found child

I saw your eyes across the street

Who would be the fool to take you

Be more than just kind

Step into a life of maybe

Love is hard to find

In the church of the poison mind

Watch me clinging to the beat

I had to fight to make it mine

That religion you could sink in neat

Just move your feet an' you'll feel fine

Who would be the fool to maybe

Trick a kiss in time

Who am I to say that's crazy

Love will make you blind

Desolate loving in your eyes

You used an' made my life so sweet

Step out like a god found child

I saw your eyes across the street

Who would be the fool to take you

Be more than just kind

Step into a life of maybe

Love is hard to find

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41RqS9RDU_s

bonus ^^ :laugh:

I think the song is considered non-denominational.

I posted this thread not so people would agree with me (for God knows Himself most in this day in age wouldn't) but to reveal this so people could make up their own minds. One of my favorite phrases is, "This to thee is that to me." I love you so much, Joe. You are one of the 5 of my best unsaved friends that David and I pray for every single night for your heart to be touched by Jesus, so you can know the grace that we feel. Whatever you choose to believe is up to you, but I won't give up on my prayers. My mom saw Jesus when she was dying. I know He is Lord.

Et tu Brute? You don't have to go to church to learn about the rapture. Just read the Bible. And there is nothing vogue or worldly about my Bible, which I believe is the inerrant word of God. I believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior-and that is not politically correct nor popular. Oh well!

You're still ok with me Cesar. :silly: I don't care one way or the other about Oprah, I just asked a question based on the observation that not many of those, who used to be parroting "rature rapture read all about it" aren't doing it much anymore. However...

Riddle me this batwomen, those that thump their bibles are the same (mostly) that thumped "W" when they went into the voting booth 2 times, knowing fully the second time around, at least, that this man and his cabinet caused 100,000's to die in an unnesseccesary war based on lies, because he was one of your own? Seems purely hypocritical to me, can you explain the disconnect in the morals and conscience of this idealogy?

Does being "saved" make those immune to responsibility for chosing murderers for leaders, or is it OK as long as those that are being killed refused to be saved? What about the our soldiers (ok just the "saved" ones) that are being killed?

You're still ok with me Cesar. :silly: I don't care one way or the other about Oprah, I just asked a question based on the observation that not many of those, who used to be parroting "rature rapture read all about it" aren't doing it much anymore. However...

Riddle me this batwomen, those that thump their bibles are the same (mostly) that thumped "W" when they went into the voting booth 2 times, knowing fully the second time around, at least, that this man and his cabinet caused 100,000's to die in an unnesseccesary war based on lies, because he was one of your own? Seems purely hypocritical to me, can you explain the disconnect in the morals and conscience of this idealogy?

Does being "saved" make those immune to responsibility for chosing murderers for leaders, or is it OK as long as those that are being killed refused to be saved? What about the our soldiers (ok just the "saved" ones) that are being killed?

I really don't understand why so many people love to drag Bush into debates whenever possible.

That said, not gonna lie...it's a good question.

Honestly, I'm surprised that you're surprised. Oprah's been peddling New Age teachings and authors for ages now. She was a big proponent of The Secret, for instance.

Answer: I never watched her show. Just thought she was a Christian for some ODD reason.

- When in history has the death penalty been seen as too cruel for even the worst offenders?

- When in history has health care for the poorest among us been viewed as a right?

Knowing it however doesn't mean it's worse. With that knowledge also comes spiritual danger: Sin requires knowledge (think back to the tree, and what it was called). We now KNOW who is in need and how to help... and when we choose not to, we sin.

Compared to the exploration period when men decided that native peoples were worthless today is a blessed time.

What's sad is that so many "Christians" don't realize that the perversion of Christ is happening in legit churches. Greed ... Lying ....Good works are now "optional" in modern churches and Jesus' words about us being judged by our choices when encountering the weak and poor are dilluted and ignored.

The enemy of Gods church is within it's walls... as it's always been. Many are called, few are chosen.

**I only quoted some of it b/c it was so long**

So, increased awareness of and adjustment to other evils has closed your eyes and ears to what is happening around you? And, let me get this straight: you're saying things are just the same as always: things are actually even better now because we even have more knowledge and technology? Of course that is going to come with time. That is not the point.

There was always evil. But back in my day, kids didn't go to schools shooting up everyone. Their worst crime was spitting dip in the water fountain at my school. Maybe smoking pot outside the building. Children killing their parents and grandparents. Street people not thinking TWICE about killing cops and the consequences. Yes thank you for pointing out that there is still sin in the world, and of course, that the devil's FAVORITE THING to do is put dissension in the church/to divide God's church and its people, which is stated CLEARLY in the Bible. You're quite good at a sermon. :thumbsup: ;)

I just LOVE that term, Bible-thumpers. :rolleyes: NICE. And they say "Christians" are judgmental.

MY opinion on war is this: If you are a Christian who reads the Bible, you think-how can you honestly think you are going to bring peace to the Middle East? It says in the Bible the only time there will be peace in the Middle East is when Jesus comes back to this Earth. It is like a moot point...On the other hand, it says in the Bible to ALWAYS back and protect Israel, and He will protect you. So that is why I feel the Christian, President Bush, has done this, the real reason behind the war-to protect Israel-as God directed in the Bible. :2cents:

MY opinion on war is this: If you are a Christian who reads the Bible, you think-how can you honestly think you are going to bring peace to the Middle East? It says in the Bible the only time there will be peace in the Middle East is when Jesus comes back to this Earth. It is like a moot point...On the other hand, it says in the Bible to ALWAYS back and protect Israel, and He will protect you. So that is why I feel the Christian, President Bush, has done this, the real reason behind the war-to protect Israel-as God directed in the Bible. :2cents:

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you wrote(and if I am,my apologies),

but are you saying it's fine with you if the President of the United

States runs foreign policy based on the Bible?

I just LOVE that term, Bible-thumpers. :rolleyes: NICE. And they say "Christians" are judgmental.

...as she refers to the Bible no less then 4 times :rolleyes:. So you more of less agree with the statements in my previous post? wow, I figured your belief system was along those lines (whether you were conscious of it or not) but I didn't expect you to admit it. We're soooo far apart on this, that there is no point in talking about it. I just hope that you show up at the pearly gates with the right book ;)

Don't let your urge for self pity tarnish what we have accomplished.

Is it a fear of the complexity of the modern world or the abundant opportunity and choice that leads the evangelists to yearn for a backward time, or indeed the end of time on Earth?

It is very sad. While the evangelists pray for us I feel genuine sorrow for their narrow worldview.

It is ironic that those who hate on Oprah for her wealth and use of the TV to reach millions with her new age message offer no criticism of the other programs on Sunday mornings which are conning the sick, the poor and the fearful of their limited means in order to fund another private jet for the pastor and his family members.

:2cents:

Yes

True that all of these things do point to the world getting better. As we become more informed, we can see everything that's happening and choose if we act or not.

At the same time, we are still fighting a war based on resources and faith, just like it ever was. We know now and we still allow millions of animals to die in our own country, every year, out of blind ignorance. Thousands die every day, because of a lack of drinking water. Ignorance is still abundant, if not more so than ever. We know exactly what is happening and still chose our daily conveniences over actual progress.The world is better, we are getting worse as we bury our heads further in the sand.

The world is not getting worse. That's the crap "Christians" are teaching these days in an effort to place a false "fear of God" in their flock.

Agreed and it's no different than Fox or the WH using "terror" to push their agendas.

Today we value based on nationalism and religion, same as it ever was.

Agreed.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you wrote(and if I am,my apologies),

but are you saying it's fine with you if the President of the United

States runs foreign policy based on the Bible?

Are you a lawyer or are you an auditor for the state? :laugh: I simply gave my opinion, as a Christian, about President Bush and the war to someone who called him a murderer. The Bible says to protect Israel no matter what. The President who is a Christian knows this. You can answer that question all you want in whatever way you want to. I'm linking the two together. I personally think if you do not want to go to war, DON'T SIGN UP FOR THE ARMED FORCES. Do you think they train you for tea parties? Or free scholarships to college?

...as she refers to the Bible no less then 4 times :rolleyes:. So you more of less agree with the statements in my previous post? wow, I figured your belief system was along those lines (whether you were conscious of it or not) but I didn't expect you to admit it. We're soooo far apart on this, that there is no point in talking about it. I just hope that you show up at the pearly gates with the right book ;)

Just let Israel and its people burn, right, Dean? Let's just all live happy here and pray they don't come for us again, right? I am no war expert, not an expert on when to go to war, when to withdraw from war, I'm not an expert on the economy, the world, President Bush's foreign policy, or the Bible. I simply state what I have learned and my beliefs. (then refer you to honorary_hog (politics) and KingBrice (Biblical) :silly: ) This thread was not about war, not about Pres. GWB, and not about my beliefs on war. But I guess whenever anyone mentions Jesus or the Bible someone has to call a Christian in power a murderer.......

Are you a lawyer or are you an auditor for the state? :laugh: I simply gave my opinion, as a Christian, about President Bush and the war to someone who called him a murderer. The Bible says to protect Israel no matter what. The President who is a Christian knows this. You can answer that question all you want in whatever way you want to. I'm linking the two together. I personally think if you do not want to go to war, DON'T SIGN UP FOR THE ARMED FORCES. Do you think they train you for tea parties? Or free scholarships to college?

Okie dokie.... :cheers:

Archived