Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stimulus Payment Dates Released (Tax rebate)

Leonard Washington

question because I don't feel like googling...

I made over $3000 last year, I'm 21, claimed as a dependant by my parents. Am I getting anything?

Not if you're claimed....

Tell your parents to give you the $300 they're getting for claiming you.

I can't remember if I picked direct depsit or not...if so, May 2 for me!

The wife is getting that plus Hardwood Floors in the Dining Room and a new Deck....:laugh:.

And if the guy is any good we might get new Cabinets.:rolleyes:

Damn how much money are you gettin back?? You're into 5 digit stuff there. :laugh:

Damn how much money are you gettin back?? You're into 5 digit stuff there. :laugh:

Oh yeah....I forgot new $300,000 house plus 2 babies equals a whole lot on the tax refund.

Actually the guy who is doing the work has me quoted at $8200.

Ceramic Tiles in Kitchen

Granite Countertops

Hardwood Floors and new wooden rails to replace metal rails that seperate the Dining Room and Living Room.

Deck - 10 x 16

Oh yeah....I forgot new $300,000 house plus 2 babies equals a whole lot on the tax refund.

Actually the guy who is doing the work has me quoted at $8200.

Ceramic Tiles in Kitchen

Granite Countertops

Hardwood Floors and new wooden rails to replace metal rails that seperate the Dining Room and Living Room.

Deck - 10 x 16

Damn thats a good price. If you like the job hes does on your granite, send me his info. The wife has been wanting granite or silestone countertops since we put hardwood in the kitchen. Did you get a granite backsplash too?

Damn thats a good price. If you like the job hes does on your granite, send me his info. The wife has been wanting granite or silestone countertops since we put hardwood in the kitchen. Did you get a granite backsplash too?

Sorry for the delay. The guy installing everything is hispanic and has his buddies he pays under the table. The deal I found out is a great bargain. the good thing is he will begin on a Saturday and be finished by Tuesday.

The backsplash will be just be a standard 4 inch granite. When the job is completed I will post pictures and give you my view.

The backsplash will be just be a standard 4 inch granite. When the job is completed I will post pictures and give you my view.

Cool tell him if he does a good job you might have someone lined up for more work in VA. I'll be watching for the pics. Thanks!

You know what sucks?

My ex, who ditched out on me and our son when he wasn't quite 2, gets the money.

Thanks to my lawyer allowing it to slip by, she is allowed by our divorce to claim our son as her dependent every other year and get the credits that come with it. This is her year.

I've got to work on my Karma.

~Bang

I was just browsing financial articles and I remembered this. You might not be as screwed as you think.

Children of divorced parents

Q. My divorce decree provides for my ex and me to alternate claiming our three daughters as dependents on our tax returns. I’ll claim the girls on my 2007 return; he’ll claim them for 2008. Will we double up and both get rebates for the girls?

A. Yes, assuming the children are under age 17 at the end of next year and neither your nor your ex-husband’s income is too high to qualify for the rebate. (It is phased out if adjusted gross income exceeds $75,000 on a single return or $150,000 on a joint return.)

Since qualifying children add $300 each to your rebate, you’ll an extra $900 this year based on your 2007 return. If you recall, the rebate is really a prepayment of a tax credit for 2008, so your ex will get the $900 credit for the children when he files for 2008 next Spring. And, even though you won’t claim the girls on your 2008 return, you don’t have to refund the $900.

See that is a part of what is bad for this country. Personally I hope the Mexican screws the whole job up and you get what you paid for $8k for crap. Course that is just me and maybe I feel like you should only do business ethically and in the best interest to make a difference for the country no matter how small. This is part of the reason the country as a whole is going in the tank, construction wise, no one follows the rules, including the people paying.

:2cents:

You guys whining about not getting checks are probably making absurd salaries, so forgive me if I'm not overflowing with sympathy.

If you're bringing in six figures a year, you don't need handouts from ANYONE.

Well it would be a rebate on taxes we paid. Just getting to keep more of our money. Not exactly a handout. :2cents:

Actually it'd be your share of what we borrowed to fund this. You're taxes were spent long ago. You'll still be paying the interest on it however! :silly:

Seriously, I'll be paying taxes to pay the interest on these rebates I never received, not to mention principle. Aint life grand? :mad:

Cool tell him if he does a good job you might have someone lined up for more work in VA. I'll be watching for the pics. Thanks!

Work has begun. The guy performing the job said he will travel to any site within VA, DC, MD, Del, PA

I will post the picks in a few days

See that is a part of what is bad for this country. Personally I hope the Mexican screws the whole job up and you get what you paid for $8k for crap. Course that is just me and maybe I feel like you should only do business ethically and in the best interest to make a difference for the country no matter how small. This is part of the reason the country as a whole is going in the tank, construction wise, no one follows the rules, including the people paying.

:2cents:

QFT... especially since we are talking about how this money is supposed to stimulate the economy. I almost didn't post a reply since I know many here would "pooh pooh" that attitude. I hope you know in the net scheme of thing you're not saving any money, especially since he's unlicensed , especially since he probably doesn't have health care insurance for his workers, and might not have car insurance. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Well, we wouldn't want any more Bushesque tax cuts for the rich, now would we, chomerics? ;)

I don't mind cutting taxes on the lower class, but I also think this is a joke, even IF I was getting $600 back. You can go back and see my ideas on this, and they aren't positive. If you want to cut taxes go ahead and cut them, don't give away free money when you are operating on a deficit as large as we are, because I will be paying for this 10X over the lifetime until it is paid back.

Archived