Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC,Redskins.com.,ect.: Skins vs. Giants Season Opener Sep. 4th (merged,M.E.T.)

elkabong82

FYI............

Posted: 2 hours 25 minutes ago

NFL considering earlier start to opening night game

Associated Press

NEW YORK -- The NFL is considering starting its Thursday night season opener an hour-and-a-half earlier to avoid clashing with the Republican National Convention.

The game, in which the Super Bowl-champion New York Giants will be the home team, now is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. EDT on Sept. 4 and will be televised by NBC. League spokesman Greg Aiello said Wednesday that the NFL is talking with the network about changing the game's starting time to 7 p.m.

Sept. 4 also is the concluding night of the Republican convention.

The highlight games of the NFL's first weekend, including the Giants' opponent for the opener, will be announced Monday during league meetings in Palm Beach, Fla. The rest of the schedule will be announced later next month.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8076adb5&template=without-video&confirm=true

Ugh, for those of us unlucky enough to not have access to NFL Network, anyone know where this will be broadcast?

The other poster in here highlited info about what time the game could get moved to. That post said NBC is covering the game, so you should be good to go.

I had a feeling that this might be the matchup. I figured it was either us or the Girls, but they'll likely put them in a different prime-time spot.

I'm not sure that I like this. We've not played very good up there early in the season, I kind of liked it switched around last year. However, the Skins usually play pretty well in their first game for a new coach (save Marty) and will have a boost of intensity due to the newness of it all so it may be okay.

I'd much rather open up on Sunday @ FedEx, but we've had a lot of home openers recently. That and I don't want to wait all that time for the 2nd game.

Archived