Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JLC,Redskins.com.,ect.: Skins vs. Giants Season Opener Sep. 4th (merged,M.E.T.)

elkabong82

Not just the game this year, but 9 home games.... a "road" game in london followed with a bye.... CONSTANTLY facing division opponents after bye weeks..... they always manage to have an easy schedule no matter what.... media darlings, primetime 6 times a year..... its gross.

Personally I dont like it.

Super Bowl Champions,

At their home,

1st game of the season.

Compound that with what looks to be another "HOT" division.

I'm scared

Why be scared?

We're not supposed to win this game for the reasons you've stated.

On the road.

National TV

Defending Champs.

They are supposed to win this one. If we steal it, great start to the season. If we lose, so what, we still have our entire home schedule to go.

The games that "scare" me are ones that we should win but X factors like opening day and/or national TV level the balance (like the 06 opener against an inferior Vikings team or even last year's opener against a clearly awful Dolphins team but since we played them opening day they were more trouble than they would have been if we had played them in week 5 or so).

I say bring on the Giants!!!

are people being serious by saying the Giants suck at home, or am I missing something and being totally fooled?

Until this season, the Giants had our number at home. 2004, 2005, 2006, all wins at home for them against us. We usually take care of them at our home. Last year they flip-flopped though, but that can be attributed to how they could not play in the wind and how we didn't put Portis in on that goal line stand :doh:

I will be honest... I dont like this news at all...

hopefully the team will be ready to roll...I just keep having flash backs of barely beating the Dolphins in the opener last season..

Im not scared but to open against the Giants in their place where we dont play well anyway.... with a new coach and new offense.. tough game...

I guess it is good to get a real test early though... if we can win this game and look impressive it will set us up for a great year....

It just hit me that Gibbs won't be on the sideline.

:(

Call me crazy, but yeah I am going to miss Joe on the sidelines, but I am really excited for some new blood to this organization...as much as I love Joe Gibbs and what he has done for this franchise, I can't wait to see Zorn tearing up the Giants...and the rest of the league for that matter. Unproven right now, yeah, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Archived