Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Share your middle name, and why you're proud of it...

Teller

:laugh:

You sound like my mom. She thinks that because I'm not religious and I give religious people a hard time, I'm hardcore against. Nothing can be farther from the truth - I love the stories, the idea of faith, and spirituality. If you'd like to share why you think its a great name, please do; even if its only in a PM. Trust me, I wouldn't be offended.

By the way - I'm named after a baby food commerical while my older brother is named after a football player (Brian Piccolo). :doh:

Brian's Song...One of the GREATEST movies of all time.

As for you, bud, like you said, St. Christopher is the patron saint of safe travel. (I'm not Catholic, but how cool is it to think that there might be saints whispering into God's ear for our protection?) I'm not trying to push ANY religion here, but life is a wild journey, man, you know that. And your first name is the same as that of the saint whose charge is safe travel. Too cool.

Meanwhile, St. Michael holds a special place in my heart. He's the patron saint of protection, specifically for 'God's Army.' So naturally, police officers, soldiers, and other 'defenders of the peace,' have adopted him over the years.

When I was working in law enforcement, I used to go through a 'ritual' of sorts every night. I'd strap on my vest, and pat my trauma plate twice (once for my wife, and once for my oldest...and only at the time...daughter.)

Then I'd put on the St. Michael medal my wife gave me. Before I tucked it into my uniform shirt, I'd hold it and pray that he'd ask God's favor on me that night, and that I'd be with my family again.

So yeah, after the journey of the last year that I've had, and my affinity for St. Michael, I'd have to say, again, your name is pretty friggin' cool. :)

Brian's Song...One of the GREATEST movies of all time.

As for you, bud, like you said, St. Christopher is the patron saint of safe travel. (I'm not Catholic, but how cool is it to think that there might be saints whispering into God's ear for our protection?) I'm not trying to push ANY religion here, but life is a wild journey, man, you know that. And your first name is the same as that of the saint whose charge is safe travel. Too cool.

Yeah, that's why I've always liked my name, even if it is annoying that its too long to fit on anything. :doh:

Meanwhile, St. Michael holds a special place in my heart. He's the patron saint of protection, specifically for 'God's Army.' So naturally, police officers, soldiers, and other 'defenders of the peace,' have adopted him over the years.

When I was working in law enforcement, I used to go through a 'ritual' of sorts every night. I'd strap on my vest, and pat my trauma plate twice (once for my wife, and once for my oldest...and only at the time...daughter.)

Then I'd put on the St. Michael medal my wife gave me. Before I tucked it into my uniform shirt, I'd hold it and pray that he'd ask God's favor on me that night, and that I'd be with my family again.

So yeah, after the journey of the last year that I've had, and my affinity for St. Michael, I'd have to say, again, your name is pretty friggin' cool. :)

Thanks. I just wish I had come by it a cooler way than a baby food commerical. :cheers:

Long story

Birth name is Gerald David Huffman II, now there's no III so the DMV gave me fits about going by the II instead of Junior. My birth certificate doesn't say either, my social security card says II and my drivers license says II. My dad hated the name Junior so he didn't want me being called that so, its the II.

Now, growing up I was always called Little Butch, since obviously my Dad was Big Butch. It's a WV thing I guess. So my whole life I was Butch. Then when I joined the AF and everyone asked what my name was I'd tell them Butch; got tired of explaining that one so after a year of explaining I just said the hell with it and told everyone my name was Dave, short for David my middle name. I can't stand the name Gerald and used to get beat up by a kid named Jerry so no way am I going there.

As for Butch; when my Dad was a kid he'd get his head shaved every summer as soon as school was out and back then it was called a "butch" cut, so the name Butch was born. The old man also went by Snuffy, since it kind of rhymed with Huff and now everyone in the military calls me Huff.

Sorry for the long post but I'm bored and high on Vicodin. :D

Another "Edward" here. What a boring middle name.

Charles Edward, eh?

We thought about naming our second child Edward. (if we are lucky enough to have one, and if it's a boy :silly: )

He would go by Eddie. I think it's a cool name (it's my dad's name too)

In which case, both my children would be named after Predicto :laugh:

Changed the thread title. The thread is far cooler than my original point ever could have been.

But just for the record, I think Barack Hussein Obama should come out and express his pride in his full name, and who he is. He should be proud.

:2cents:

Charles Edward, eh?

We thought about naming our second child Edward. (if we are lucky enough to have one, and if it's a boy :silly: )

He would go by Eddie. I think it's a cool name (it's my dad's name too)

In which case, both my children would be named after Predicto :laugh:

Since I hated my name so much I decided to name my son a different name but the same initials. Gerald David Huffman and Grayson Dylan Huffman

Archived