Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Houston Rockets the best team in the NBA?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Who says you need to score against them? The Pistons D can match up with the Celtics.

Hasn't worked out too well the last 2 times they played lol. Celtics winning going away both times.

Pistons needing a last second shot to beat them the first game.

Would be a great series . . . but they still wouldn't meet up in the 2nd round so that doesn't answer the question.

I would also venture to say that with a lineup that consists of Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett . . . and now throw Sam Cassell of the bench . . . you're going to need to score on them in a 7 game series.

The depth issues that people worried about at the beginning of the season have been fixed.

Are you denying that the Wizards beat a full-strength Celtics squad BACK-TO-BACK without Gilbert Arenas? Once at home and once in Boston? Are you denying this?

I'm not denying it . . . I would say that I don't like their chances in a 7 game series. I could be wrong but that's just how I feel.

I am also one who believes the Wizards are a better team without Arenas for whatever reason. I am in the minority but I was loving how the Wiz were playing ball when it was Caron and Jamison leading the team.

Houston has had a nice schedule during the streak, but no legit big is critical in the playoffs. Can they stop Duncan, Gasol and Bynum, Boozer and Okur when it matters?

Out west it's still the Spurs, and I think the Jazz are number two right behind them, imo. Lakers are very good as well. It's pretty much those three.

Celtics will get bounced in the 2nd round? By who? Noone in the East can even score on them . . . their defense is too good.

That Lakers team you spoke of came within a game or so of winning the championship in a difficult west so saying the Celtics will definitely lose in the 2nd round is pretty ridiculous IMHO. They can have a horrible game on offense and still win by double digits because their defense is so good. They had a week long stretch right after the all star break where they weren't playing good and Garnett was coming back from injury but since that time they are on a 9 game win streak and the starters are sitting out the majority of the 2nd half most nights.

they lost twice to a wizards team w/o caron butler and gilbert arenas.

Wrong. Butler played in both games . . . they were without Arenas.

So I guess the 50 wins they have don't count for anything? Only that three day stretch of games? :doh:

It does count for something, mainly seeding. It's undeniable however that in a playoff series individual matchups are far more critical than anything. Ask the Mavericks how much their season win total mattered against the Warriors last year.

Zilch. The Warriors were simply a nightmare matchup for the Mavericks all year and how they matched up decided the outcome of the series.

Actually, its still the Spurs, until someone proves otherwise. Lakers are solid, though. Especially when they get Bynum back in the mix.

The Suns just walked across the Spurs like they were kids. If old ass Shaq can do that, imagine what Bynum and Gasol are going to do to them.

It does count for something, mainly seeding. It's undeniable however that in a playoff series individual matchups are far more critical than anything. Ask the Mavericks how much their season win total mattered against the Warriors last year.

Zilch. The Warriors were simply a nightmare matchup for the Mavericks all year and how they matched up decided the outcome of the series.

I agree. I'm just saying the Mavs were a different team. For one, this isn't the West where every team has the potential to beat every other team in a 7 game series if playing their A game. Secondly, Boston has been improving throughout the year and the team chemistry is still improving every week. I think it will come down to Boston and Detroit in the east no matter what. I don't think Cleveland is improved as much as people think but then again it's only March and almost every team is 1 injury away from disaster.

No. Mainly because they're so ****ing boring nobody likes them....

Seriously? Do you watch much basketball? Ginobli is one of the most exciting players in the NBA. Their team defense is a thing of beauty. I guess if you want a bunch of posturing, flexing, and other assorted "flare", then yeah, they might be boring.

Seriously? Do you watch much basketball? Ginobli is one of the most exciting players in the NBA. Their team defense is a thing of beauty. I guess if you want a bunch of posturing, flexing, and other assorted "flare", then yeah, they might be boring.

STFU Frontrunner. :silly:

I love how people base stuff on the regular season. Playoff Basketball is so much different. There is no worrying about west coast swings, back to back and etc. Popwich and Phil Jackson excel in playoff time. Playoffs are all about preparation and studying. The Spurs will take away a teams strength and force you to change mid series. Do you know how hard it is to beat the Spurs 4 out of 7 games

By a healthy Wizards squad who already pwned their asses back-to-****ing-back earlier this year (without the great Agent Zero.) Oh I can't wait.

You've been put on notice.

Hope to see you in Round 1.

4 game sweep with Ray Allen,Pierce and KG resting most of the 4th quarter of those games coming your way.

BTW, tell Gil that he can play too.(If he's not too busy worrying about his next contract to the point that he sits out the rest of the year.)

That's your notice. :)

Anyone else win 19 in a row?

Right now, today, they are. They're the hottest team in the league and have sustained it for an incredible amount of time. I doubt anyone would want to play them right now.

Doesn't mean they'll win the title, or even make it out of the first round of the playoffs. The best team in the league right now and who your pick is to win a title are two extremely different conversations.

By a healthy Wizards squad who already pwned their asses back-to-****ing-back earlier this year (without the great Agent Zero.) Oh I can't wait.

You've been put on notice.

LOL@ the Wizards beating the Celts in the playoffs. Stop being a homer, kid.:laugh:

Are you denying that the Wizards beat a full-strength Celtics squad BACK-TO-BACK without Gilbert Arenas? Once at home and once in Boston? Are you denying this?

Who cares. Didn't the Cavs beat the Spurs both times in the regular season last year? How'd that work out in the playoffs for the Cavs?:rolleyes: The Wizards are a joke. They have ZERO chance of beating the Celtics in the playoffs.

Archived