Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Houston Rockets the best team in the NBA?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

Or what? 19 straight wins, lost Yao, and are still plowing through everyone. When Yao went down, I felt sorry for T-Mac once again. Looked like another potential out-in-the-first-round year for him. Doesn't look like that will happen this year. 1 more win and they're tied for second all-time for a winning streak.

strength of schedule...the team to beat in the west are the Lakers hands down.

The Lakers will turn into the Suns of the last few years, good in the regular season, but not a formula to win in the paloffs. They have no one to get physical inside with. You need that to beat Dallas/SA/(now) Phx etc

The 1st team to beat in my mind is SA. They do the same thing every year: Start slow and let everyone bury them, come on late and have a strong performance in the playoffs.

It's about who gets hot when. SA as I stated is the team to beat, but the teams that are on fire now are not the teams to beat. The teams to beat will be Phx/Dal/SA in the west like always. The Lakers may make a push, but one of those 3 teams will be in the WC Finals. Book it.

Or what? 19 straight wins, lost Yao, and are still plowing through everyone. When Yao went down, I felt sorry for T-Mac once again. Looked like another potential out-in-the-first-round year for him. Doesn't look like that will happen this year. 1 more win and they're tied for second all-time for a winning streak.

Is this a serious question? Of course NOT!:doh: It's a great streak, sure. But they are about to play some really good teams in the near future. They are certain to lose several of those. They aren't close to being the best team in the NBA. Win streak or not. I can't believe you would actually ask this.:laugh:

The Lakers will turn into the Suns of the last few years, good in the regular season, but not a formula to win in the paloffs. They have no one to get physical inside with. You need that to beat Dallas/SA/(now) Phx etc

The 1st team to beat in my mind is SA. They do the same thing every year: Start slow and let everyone bury them, come on late and have a strong performance in the playoffs.

It's about who gets hot when. SA as I stated is the team to beat, but the teams that are on fire now are not the teams to beat. The teams to beat will be Phx/Dal/SA in the west like always. The Lakers may make a push, but one of those 3 teams will be in the WC Finals. Book it.

Bynum is a physical presence, man. They also have Gasol. While he isn't really physical, he's still tall and can block shots. Lakers will be able to go big or small in playoffs and probably suceed with both lineupes. He's the key (Bynum) to the Lakers in the playoffs. If he comes back and plays to the level he was, pre-injury, they will be just fine. And I disagree with your Finals prediction, also. I think it will be either the Spurs or Lakers. I just don't see the Suns or Mavs getting there. Especially Dallas.

Rockets have had like two tough games in their streak. They play the Lakers this Sunday, that will be a good test.

Actually, its still the Spurs, until someone proves otherwise. Lakers are solid, though. Especially when they get Bynum back in the mix.

Agree with this. The Lakers need to get fully healthy and see how it all fits together before declaring them the best.

Bynum's knee is still swollen and has pain when he runs in the pool. He's a long way from coming back,if he makes it back this season.

The Spurs are the team to beat in the West. Even if the Lakers were healthy, they'd have a hard time with SA.

A "wet behind the ears" Bynum guarding Duncan?? Forget about it.......

Nah , the Lakers , Celts , Pistons , and Spurs are all better. BTW I doubt the Spurs repeat again , they tend to win every other year during their dynasty run :cool:

Maybe this could be the year T Mac finally gets out of the first round , I was reading somewhere or heard on the radio somewhere that the Rockets actually won without T-Mac when he was out for a while. Hmm..

Suns are done...they destroyed any chemistry/chance they had by trading for the big oaf Shaq.

Lakers are good - and Kobe is playing like a man possessed this year. With Bynum back, and Gasol, I don't see anyone stopping the Lakers. I'm hoping for a Cleveland/Los Angeles final, because we would see some AMAZING stuff from both LeBron and Kobe.

being that the lakers have lost 2 of their last 5 games....they can't be the team to beat "hands down"

their next 5 games are: Toronto, @ NO, @ HOU, @ DAL, @ UTAH.....

if they can win all 5 of those games, then they will be the team to beat. I think they will lose 2 of these games.

The team to beat right now would be the Houston Rockets....they are the hottest team in the NBA.

In the playoffs, the team to beat will be the Spurs....they have team chemistry, seasoned vet leadership, and they are the defending champs.

as for the east, the team to beat will be the Pistons. The Celtics will get bounced in the 2nd round. Watch out for the Magic to make some noise, along w/ the wizards if they can return both Butler and Arenas several weeks before the playoffs.

Suns are done...they destroyed any chemistry/chance they had by trading for the big oaf Shaq.

Lakers are good - and Kobe is playing like a man possessed this year. With Bynum back, and Gasol, I don't see anyone stopping the Lakers. I'm hoping for a Cleveland/Los Angeles final, because we would see some AMAZING stuff from both LeBron and Kobe.

Suns are far from done....they weren't going to mesh with Shaq right off the bat. By the time the playoffs come around....the Suns will be back to doing what they do best; Shaq will act as a role player rebounding/acting as a defensive presence/get second chance points.

I'm not crowning the Suns the next NBA champs, but I think they will make it to the Western conference finals.

The suns became a very versatile team when they got Shaq. They can still paly small and run w/ Nash/Barbosa/Hill/Diaw/Stoudemire and they can play half court possession basketball and match up w/ big teams: Nash/Bell/Hill/Stoudemire/Shaq.

I didn't like the trade when it first happened, but the team they had wasn't going to win a championship (they couldn't even get to the finals). Marion was going to leave the following year anyway. Might as well get something for him. They got a Shaq (that is past his prime) but can still be a force in the middle and make a team change their strategy. If this team can mesh in time for the playoffs....look out....they will make some noise.

No they are the best team but no doubt they are playing the best basketball right now

they are with out a doubt the best team in the NBA RIGHT NOW, but I doubt that will translate into post season success.

I don't even think they will have the best record in the playoffs.

Once they get to the post season and the game changes.....they may even get bounced out in the first round again.

...but the team they had wasn't going to win a championship (they couldn't even get to the finals).

Disagree with this part. The Suns would have been in the finals last year without the Stoudemire suspension. Marion hurts more because he was their best perimeter defender, besides being able to give you 20 & 10 every night.

Disagree with this part. The Suns would have been in the finals last year without the Stoudemire suspension. Marion hurts more because he was their best perimeter defender, besides being able to give you 20 & 10 every night.

the marion for shaq trade off doesn't improve the suns enough to get them any further than they've been. they've basically traded perimeter defense for a part-time interior defensive presence in shaq. shaq has been a good fit so far, but they haven't improved.

part of the suns problem is that Steve Nash is one of the worst defensive point guards i've seen. as good as he is on offense, he's equally bad on defense. he gets torched nightly by the other teams point guard. if he could somehow get his defense to a respectable level, they would be a legit championship threat.

right now best team in the west is the Spurs, followed by the Lakers even without Bynum. Kobe is playing like an MVP on BOTH ends of the court, and they have depth off the bench with Famar, Vujacic, & Turiaf gives them hustle.

only two teams matter in the east Celtics & Pistons. Cavs don't have enough around LeBron to let them compete against them two this year. Hughes was their best perimeter defender, and they'll miss that in the playoffs.

probably would have, but we can't say for sure.

As I said before....Marion was going to leave anyway, he didn't want to be there anymore.....why wouldn't you trade him and try to get something out of it?

I would have tried to get a 1st round pick and expiring contract rather than Shaq....but the shaq deal could end up working out for them.

the marion for shaq trade off doesn't improve the suns enough to get them any further than they've been.
This statement doesn't make any sense untill their season is over!

they've basically traded perimeter defense for a part-time interior defensive presence in shaq. shaq has been a good fit so far, but they haven't improved.
true, but how about we wait and see what happens in the playoffs.

part of the suns problem is that Steve Nash is one of the worst defensive point guards i've seen. as good as he is on offense, he's equally bad on defense. he gets torched nightly by the other teams point guard. if he could somehow get his defense to a respectable level, they would be a legit championship threat.

it is a stretch to say that he is as BAD on defense as he is GOOD on offense, but I wouldn't put him on the all NBA defensive team either.
right now best team in the west is the Spurs, followed by the Lakers even without Bynum. Kobe is playing like an MVP on BOTH ends of the court, and they have depth off the bench with Famar, Vujacic, & Turiaf gives them hustle.
watched much basketball lately? the steak speaks for its self....19 straight wins says the Rockets are the best team in basketball right now. The Spurs are the most playoff ready contenders.

only two teams matter in the east Celtics & Pistons. Cavs don't have enough around LeBron to let them compete against them two this year. Hughes was their best perimeter defender, and they'll miss that in the playoffs.

the east is wide open....the Celtics are going to end up like the Laker's team w/ kobe/shaq/malone/payton.....everyone expects them to win it all....but it wont happen. They will be bounced in the second round.

The pistons are the best team in the east once we get to the playoffs.

the Magic/Wiz (w/ healthy arenas and butler) and LeBron and the Cavs can't be counted out.

Celtics will get bounced in the 2nd round? By who? Noone in the East can even score on them . . . their defense is too good.

That Lakers team you spoke of came within a game or so of winning the championship in a difficult west so saying the Celtics will definitely lose in the 2nd round is pretty ridiculous IMHO. They can have a horrible game on offense and still win by double digits because their defense is so good. They had a week long stretch right after the all star break where they weren't playing good and Garnett was coming back from injury but since that time they are on a 9 game win streak and the starters are sitting out the majority of the 2nd half most nights.

I dont think thats an accurate statement man. In Shaq's first meeting against Duncan, Duncan went 6-19 and was neutrilized on the boards. Thats why Kerr made the the move and Sunday was a taste. Shaq takes up alot of space down low and even as he is slowing down his body isnt any smaller. It's going to be alot harder to score on Phx in the postseason with Amare and Shaq down in the paint.

Houston is playng the best basketball right now - no question about it. 19 straight is 19 straight and is incredibly hard to do.

I still think the Lakers and the Spurs are the teams to beat out west, but sheesh, the West is freakishly strong this year. My Warriors have gone on a 39-17 run - and it only has gotten them barely into the playoff picture as the 8th seed. In the East they would be the 4 seed and hot on the heels of No. 3.

Celtics will get bounced in the 2nd round? By who? Noone in the East can even score on them . . . their defense is too good.

By a healthy Wizards squad who already pwned their asses back-to-****ing-back earlier this year (without the great Agent Zero.) Oh I can't wait.

You've been put on notice.

Archived