Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Houston Rockets the best team in the NBA?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

LOL@ the Wizards beating the Celts in the playoffs. Stop being a homer, kid.:laugh:

I think we will see this series in the 2nd round. I also think the wiz will be back to full strength and the celtics will be w/o either Allen or KG.

Wiz win in 6 games.

So you're depending on injury predictions when picking playoff series? :laugh:

not depending on it....just saying that I think one of them will get hurt.

This wiz have already beat the Celtics twice this year w/o Arenas. No reason why they can't do it four more times.

Anyone who knows basketball, knows that certain teams can creat match up problems for another team (a team they may not be up to par w/ skill level wise) but still beat them.

ex: last year's first round playoff series between Dallas and Golden State

not depending on it....just saying that I think one of them will get hurt.

This wiz have already beat the Celtics twice this year w/o Arenas. No reason why they can't do it four more times.

Anyone who knows basketball, knows that certain teams can creat match up problems for another team (a team they may not be up to par w/ skill level wise) but still beat them.

ex: last year's first round playoff series between Dallas and Golden State

I agree . . . but the fact that those games took place in the span of 3 days could also indicate that Boston was simply not playing very good basketball for those 3 days. It's really a non issue until they play again . . . we will see in a month or so but as I said earlier in the thread I don't think the Wizards are a better team with Gil. He's a great player but I think that they play better with Jamison and Butler leading them.

I don't think the Wizards are a better team with Gil. He's a great player but I think that they play better with Jamison and Butler leading them.

I agree some what.....

The wizards have improved their defense and team offense since gil has been out. I do think that has more to do w/ the new assistant coaches.

Gil needs to come in and do what I think he will do.....realize the best chance he has to win a championship is be a chris paul type point guard....which he has the ability to be.

On another note....The wizards have a better team this year than the past several years (as far as player talent and coaching is concerened)

Haywood/Jameson/Butler are all having a career years

Blatche has improved quite a bit.

He have added depth w/ Nick Young/OPEC/Dmack

Our team defense and FT% is the best it has been in years.

So why doesn't our record reflect you may as???????

NO GILBERT.

When Gil comes back, we will see how good these Wizards really are. I think the are Eastern Conference Finals Good.

I agree some what.....

The wizards have improved their defense and team offense since gil has been out. I do think that has more to do w/ the new assistant coaches.

Gil needs to come in and do what I think he will do.....realize the best chance he has to win a championship is be a chris paul type point guard....which he has the ability to be.

On another note....The wizards have a better team this year than the past several years (as far as player talent and coaching is concerened)

Haywood/Jameson/Butler are all having career years

Blatche has improved quite a bit.

We have added depth w/ Nick Young/OPEC/Dmack

Our team defense and FT% is the best it has been in years.

So why doesn't our record reflect you may ask???????

NO GILBERT.

When Gil comes back, we will see how good these Wizards really are. I think the are Eastern Conference Finals Good.

Anyone else win 19 in a row?

Right now, today, they are. They're the hottest team in the league and have sustained it for an incredible amount of time. I doubt anyone would want to play them right now.

Doesn't mean they'll win the title, or even make it out of the first round of the playoffs. The best team in the league right now and who your pick is to win a title are two extremely different conversations.

see, i think you can draw a distinction between the hottest team in the league and the best team in the league.

see, i think you can draw a distinction between the hottest team in the league and the best team in the league.

right now....the hottest team in the league is the best team in the league.

19 games speaks for itself...that is beyond being hot....they are just down right the best team in the NBA RIGHT NOW.

The Lakers will turn into the Suns of the last few years, good in the regular season, but not a formula to win in the paloffs. They have no one to get physical inside with. You need that to beat Dallas/SA/(now) Phx etc

The 1st team to beat in my mind is SA. They do the same thing every year: Start slow and let everyone bury them, come on late and have a strong performance in the playoffs.

It's about who gets hot when. SA as I stated is the team to beat, but the teams that are on fire now are not the teams to beat. The teams to beat will be Phx/Dal/SA in the west like always. The Lakers may make a push, but one of those 3 teams will be in the WC Finals. Book it.

First, you are wrong. When Bynum comes back he will shut down the middle. He will get physical with Shaq, Marion, Duncan and anyone else that comes at him. This year will be a rehash of the 80s.. LAKERS and CELTICS... Now to the big question.. HOUSTON....

GS, IND, MIL, MIN, CLE, ATL, POR, SAC, CLE, MIA, NO, CHI, WAS, MEM, DEN, IND, DAL, NO, NJ

THE TEAMS HIGHLIGHTED ARE THE ONES WITH WINNING RECORDS. Remember, Dallas did not have Dirk and besides Cleveland and DALLAS, the others are pretenders anyway. New orleans is already showing their youth, they are fading at 5-5 over last 10 and though they will be good and contenders in a couple years, to young now. This next couple weeks for Houston will be crucial however, I do not see them beating LA, Boston or NO again. Houston has a great stretch and when you are a good team you should beat the weaker ones and that is what they have done. best team in NBA.. there are 5 other teams I would rank higher...

LA, BOS, DET, SA, DAL..

I always thought the best team until beaten was the #1 team and that is the lakers.

Only the playoffs or championship games will tell us who is #1. but for right now it's the lakers

What do you mean #1 team? If that's the case then the Celtics are the best team. Or if you are talking about "until beaten" that would be the Spurs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3288772

I don't know why everyone thinks Bynum is going to come back & dominate. He just started running on a treadmill yesterday. The odds of him being ready by the playoffs are 50/50. Him being productive for the playoffs is probably 20/80

i don't think Bynum is coming back until next season personally. i think they'll be cautious with him given how young he is, and how much potential he has.

that being said, i still think the Lakers can win the west without him. it'll be much more difficult, but they are still a deep team, and will be getting Ariza back soon who gives them good defense against small forwards.

The road still goes through San Antonio, but once Bynum comes back, he'll shut the middle down. The Lakers are far more athletic than the Spurs, and I think they are clicking on all cylinders after that Gasol trade. Boston, I'm not sure about them. I hate Boston, but Garnett and Pierce are nice on the blocks. Rondo is playing to not make a mistake(which could be bad), but I think once they meet up with Detroit, they fall in the ECF. So JMU...

Lakers vs Pistons in this year finals :silly:

The road still goes through San Antonio, but once Bynum comes back, he'll shut the middle down. The Lakers are far more athletic than the Spurs, and I think they are clicking on all cylinders after that Gasol trade. Boston, I'm not sure about them. I hate Boston, but Garnett and Pierce are nice on the blocks. Rondo is playing to not make a mistake(which could be bad), but I think once they meet up with Detroit, they fall in the ECF. So JMU...

Lakers vs Pistons in this year finals :silly:

Getting Cassell sealed the deal. ;)

Early prediction: Lakers vs. Celtics in a must-see Finals match-up that goes the distance.

Archived