Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Houston Rockets the best team in the NBA?

d0ublestr0ker0ll

I haven't made up my mind yet on what the finals will be. It's either Spurs-Celtics or Spurs-Pistons.

I like the KG/Duncan matchup in the finals, they're the two best players in the league. I like the Spurs-Pistons matchup because that's the two best teams.

I tell you that if someone knocks the Jazz and Spurs out of the West, the Warriors could surprise everyone.

After going 0-6 to start the season during Stephen Jackson's suspension, the Warriors have gone 39-17, a .700 pace that is equal to the Lakers and anyone else. They have a very good shot of taking out any team in the league in a seven game series other than the Jazz and Spurs (those two matchups just kill them). However, other teams out there like the Lakers, Dallas, New Orleans, Phoenix or Houston CAN beat the Jazz and Spurs, and the W's can beat any of those teams if they get matched against them.

yeah, yeah, I'm a homer, but Warrior basketball is really fun right now and it's hard not to get excited about it. They are definitely the lower seed team that no one wants to face (except the goddam Jazz and Spurs...)

If I had to pick right now, I would predict the Lakers over the Celtics in the finals.

As a huge Rockets fan I will say yes. :)

:cheers:

I am a Rockets fan as well. I am not big into basketball like I used to. Well, NBA anyway. I stick to watching NCAA. However, it is very nice to see that the Rockets don't need to call Hakeem Olajauwon back after losing Yao. :laugh:

I would have to agree with the strength of schedule excuse. But, that still doesn't make this winning streak any less spectacular. They are taking advantage of who comes before them and embarrasing them.

You have to respect and love it. :)

The Marion on the Suns. Duh.

Shhh.

LMFAO not only that . . . but he talks about Marion dominating Bynum and then says the Spurs are the team to beat . . . ?

When did Shawn Marion go to the Spurs? lol

Celtics 2008 NBA Champs . . . book it . . . 10 game win streak after tonight to go along with the best record in the league. Beating opponents by an average of almost 11 PPG.

Celtics 2008 NBA Champs . . . book it . . . 10 game win streak after tonight to go along with the best record in the league. Beating opponents by an average of almost 11 PPG.

Stamp...the Celtics are looking sick tonight. Cassell is playing some great ball right now (tonight). The depth is there now. The Wizards homers are delusional right now.

Can't book it. The Celts get to play a much easier schedule than the contenders in the West, all of whom play each other quite a few times.

Celts are very good, but not clearly better than any of the West contenders.

Can't book it. The Celts get to play a much easier schedule than the contenders in the West, all of whom play each other quite a few times.

Celts are very good, but not clearly better than any of the West contenders.

While I can't argue with your point I would say that just because they play in a better conference does not automatically mean they are a better team. Other than a 3 game skid right after the All-Star break the Celtics have pretty much owned the west. They were 13-0 at one point against the west and blew out the Lakers twice to go along with beating the Spurs (without Garnett). All you need to do is look at the Heat and the Pistons in recent history to be the best team despite playing in the weaker Eastern Conference.

If the Celtics continue to play defense like this ANY team will be hard pressed to beat them 4 out of 7 games.

I like my pick and we will revisit in a few months. :D

While I can't argue with your point I would say that just because they play in a better conference does not automatically mean they are a better team.

Didn't say anything of the sort. You said "Celts will win - book it" and I said you can't.

The Celts are very good. So are the Pistons. So are six (or more) teams in the West. Any of them has a shot.

The Celts have the best record in part because they are very good, and also in part because they play a demonstrably easier schedule than the top West contenders. So it remains to be seen who will drink the milkshake.

I'd put up a $1000 saying the celtics don't win the finals.

Well that would probably be a good bet no matter who you put it on because every time probably has <50% chance of winning the title when the playoffs start. I would just say the Celtics have the benefit of an easier road there plus matching up well with the west. I would put their chances as good if not better than anyones.

I think we will see this series in the 2nd round. I also think the wiz will be back to full strength and the celtics will be w/o either Allen or KG.

Wiz win in 6 games.

First off, it doesn't matter WHO the Wiz have, they aren't beating the Celts in the playoffs. And why would you think KG or Allen won't be around? That's dumb. You're on crack. Wiz have NO shot!

not depending on it....just saying that I think one of them will get hurt.

This wiz have already beat the Celtics twice this year w/o Arenas. No reason why they can't do it four more times.

Anyone who knows basketball, knows that certain teams can creat match up problems for another team (a team they may not be up to par w/ skill level wise) but still beat them.

ex: last year's first round playoff series between Dallas and Golden State

This is one of the dumbest arguments I ever hear. Who gives a crap what a team does against another in the regular season? Playoff basketball is TOTALLY different. Anyone knows that. Celts would probably beat the Wiz in 5 in the playoffs.

I haven't made up my mind yet on what the finals will be. It's either Spurs-Celtics or Spurs-Pistons.

I like the KG/Duncan matchup in the finals, they're the two best players in the league. I like the Spurs-Pistons matchup because that's the two best teams.

Dude, im a Celtics fan. But KG isn't one of the two best players in the league. That's insane.

While I can't argue with your point I would say that just because they play in a better conference does not automatically mean they are a better team. Other than a 3 game skid right after the All-Star break the Celtics have pretty much owned the west. They were 13-0 at one point against the west and blew out the Lakers twice to go along with beating the Spurs (without Garnett). All you need to do is look at the Heat and the Pistons in recent history to be the best team despite playing in the weaker Eastern Conference.

If the Celtics continue to play defense like this ANY team will be hard pressed to beat them 4 out of 7 games.

I like my pick and we will revisit in a few months. :D

Actually the Celtics were 15 or 16-0 vs the West at one time.

Didn't say anything of the sort. You said "Celts will win - book it" and I said you can't.

The Celts are very good. So are the Pistons. So are six (or more) teams in the West. Any of them has a shot.

The Celts have the best record in part because they are very good, and also in part because they play a demonstrably easier schedule than the top West contenders. So it remains to be seen who will drink the milkshake.

Drink the milkshake? :insane:

First off, it doesn't matter WHO the Wiz have, they aren't beating the Celts in the playoffs. And why would you think KG or Allen won't be around? That's dumb. You're on crack. Wiz have NO shot!

great arguement :laugh:

anyone can beat anyone in the East. The East is wide open!

IF the wizards have few weeks to mesh once Gil comes back....no one is going to want to see them in the playoffs. They will create serious match up problems for everyone.

The Celtics don't have any combo of players than can check AJ/Gil/Caron all in one game. Blatche would be the dark horse of that series.....KG would be forced to play AJ, or AJ would put up 30 points. Pierce would be checkin Caron. Who is gonna check gil?

I don't think both KG and Allen will be around because they are both "older" players....they are both injury risks. KG already missed some time this year w/ an injury.

Archived