Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Bill Belichick to the Redskins? (M.E.T.)

stc85

Even if I thought there was ANY chance of it actually happening, which there is NONE of.....

NO,.... and once more NO!!!!!!!

That is a move which would cause me not only to stop rooting for the Redskins, but probably to take my own life.

You're not old enough, but is it safe to assume you would've been against the Redskins hiring Lombardi too?

And while everyone takes their team seriously, I think you're getting carried away. Rick Venturi, Rich Kotite or David Shula, those are guys worth jumping off the bridge over, not Belichick.

[Edit: The Mass_SkinsFan Ignore List of Doom

Current Membership: 171

I'm expecting this number to go up based on how this thread is going]

of course, this is not new speculation

and what could Snyder offer to attract? start with 10M a year, but what next?

all the coordinators would probably be fired, which would prove it was not a planned outcome

having said all of that, it is the one single outcome which might justify the foolishness of few weeks, but as mentioned, would not likely have been the plan going in

I give it 1% likelihood

If it comes about, I will shut up on Snyderatto. At least it will have made sense to blow up what we had for a reasonable chance at something better in terms of W-L. IT won't be a crapshoot a la Fassel, Mariucci, Spazmatic, et. al.

Incidentally, I still won't favor Bellicheat as a coach. Not just how we get to the Superbowl, but who we are in and who we become in the process. That is what constitutes a TEAM.

From PFT:

Some are speculating that the Redskins might be considering digging up the grave of Vince Lombardi and renanimating him so that he can take over as Redskins coach. Insiders point out that Coach Lombardi has ties to the Redskins - he coached in Washington before his untimely first death.

But such speculation overlooks the fact that science has not yet figured out how to bring the dead back to life. The Redskins medical staff face a real challenge on this one. One source speculated they may ask for a consult from Dr. James Andrews. Lombardi would be the one coach who could overcome this handicap though, and Snyder has a history of going after the high-profile prize.

Yep and Dan has now cloned Bill Walsh to coach the Redskins. This is just flat out ridiculous. I know coaches like a challenge, but lets get real. Why would he leave a situation any coach would kill for. Isn't he under contract next year, we would have to give the Pats alot of money and a crap load of draft picks. No way this happens.

:doh: And they want to be taken seriously?

I really wonder about the reading comprehension level on this site. PFT is reporting that they are hearing this rumor but that they think this rumor is crazy.

Knowing what we know about Snyder and how he likes to buy big names, I wouldn't be surprised if they asked. If you don't ask the answer is always no.

Archived