Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Bill Belichick to the Redskins? (M.E.T.)

stc85

ll http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Some are speculating that the Redskins might be considering a run at Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who could be inclined to move on if his team secures its fourth Super Bowl win in seven years via a perfect 19-0 season.

But such speculation overlooks the fact that Belichick would want to run the show anywhere that he goes. In Washington, no coach is going to run the show -- as evidenced by the fact that the Redskins are already hiring the guys who'll be working for the coach who eventually is hired. This approach necessarily runs off any potential head coach who is inclined to call all of the shots.

Even if I thought there was ANY chance of it actually happening, which there is NONE of.....

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, and once more NO!!!!!!!

That is a move which would cause me not only to stop rooting for the Redskins, but probably to take my own life.

I've been saying this for a week now. Wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it were true.

Me too. Not that it will happen, because that's unlikely IMO, but that Snyder should at least make a run at him.

Heck, he talked to Pete Carroll, the least he should do is talk to Belichick, the most successful HC going right now. That presumes Kraft would allow the talk to happen, and there's no way I have of knowing that he would.

[Edit: Now that GW is out of the equation, I've been saying Belichick would be the best option, followed by Mooch.

Either of those guys before Cowher or Fassel.]

ll http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Some are speculating that the Redskins might be considering a run at Patriots coach Bill Belichick, who could be inclined to move on if his team secures its fourth Super Bowl win in seven years via a perfect 19-0 season.

But such speculation overlooks the fact that Belichick would want to run the show anywhere that he goes. In Washington, no coach is going to run the show -- as evidenced by the fact that the Redskins are already hiring the guys who'll be working for the coach who eventually is hired. This approach necessarily runs off any potential head coach who is inclined to call all of the shots.

And he's bring Brady, Moss, and Welker with him. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Even if I thought there was ANY chance of it actually happening, which there is NONE of.....

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, and once more NO!!!!!!!

That is a move which would cause me not only to stop rooting for the Redskins, but probably to take my own life.

Hmm, maybe we should consider this ;)

Archived