Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Needed Campbell To Beat Seattle (merged)

armada58

We would have lost with JC --expecially since Fabini was like a revolving door and Kearney would have feasted on Campbell each time he tried to roll out to his right.

We didn't lose this game because of QB play. We had no O-line protection, our running game was terrible, and the WRs were barely average. Our DBs couldn't seem to stay upright up long enough to prevent completions-- and Leigh Torrence and Pierson Prioleau were terrible in coverage. Special teams were extremely uneven too.

This just in. It has been reported by the WP, that ExtremeSkins poster "taylorcoreskin" has succesfully had his chin removed from Todd Collins nuts. Collins will go through some therapy in the offseason to cope with the stretching of his scrotum from dragging "taylorcoreskins" around all day, but sources say Collins will go into surgery for a Nut Lift.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We needed a QB that could read blitz's today while Seattle did a good job of bringing it. I don't think either would have weathered better than the other, although I did find myself yelling "run" on a couple of plays. One thing you could count on was JC's legs to move up in the pocket and take off if necessary. Not sure that would have mattered.

If JC had the knowledge of TC he would have been the choice today. Unfortunately he does not, YET. He will. I was impressed how TC stayed composed and delivered passes at the last moment. The TD to Randle El was one of them. We had 2 OL injured for the majority of the season. Cooley had to stay in limiting the options. No QB, Manning, Brady or Favre could operate sucessfully with that offense. I am looking forward to next season!

C'mon! He threw 2 td's in the playoffs. Yes he threw some picks also but we were in the playoffs because of TC. I know it hurts some people to hear that but it's true. JC will be back next year though and we can have a true measure by week 5.

You Collins lover had the same excuse for JC against Dallas.

Thats their double standard by Collins Lovers

This just in. It has been reported by the WP, that ExtremeSkins poster "taylorcoreskin" has succesfully had his chin removed from Todd Collins nuts. Collins will go through some therapy in the offseason to cope with the stretching of his scrotum from dragging "taylorcoreskin" around all day, but sources say Collins will go into surgery for a Nut Lift.

Sorry but...

:rotflmao:

That's right up there with McD5 geting owned last week.

Campbell could have benefitted from playing in this game (win or lose).

Campbell definitely could have made more plays out of the pocket and avoided some of the sacks that lead foot Collins took.

Collins definitely gets the ball out quicker but if he is a statue in the pocket then teams will come after him.

Campbell is more talented than Collins and he has the bigger upside. There should be no question here...Campbell needs to play.

Yes it Is

You are Wrong

TC > JC

:laugh: Niiiiiiiice.

Dude, JC has been dealing with this crap all year. And has he even thrown that many interceptions in any one game all season? JC would have done a better job in this game for sure.

Actually, you are wrong. As the OP said, TC took us as far as he could. TC has the knowledge, but not the physical skills. JC is learning the knowledge, and has the physical skills. You can teach knowledge, but not physical attributes. In this game, perhaps JC could have scrambled some to avoid the rush, run some draws, some rollouts to move the pocket. TC cannot do those things. I expect that with solid OL play, and WR's who dont make as many drops, JC will show significant improvement in numbers next year.

Farther than 0-4 JC

TC gave us an extra game

Physical Skills do not excuse dropped passes, cut off routes and bad O-Line play

Perhaps JC throws more INTs?....Fumbles?

I expect with solid O-Line play and fewer dropped passes, Collins beats Seattle

TC > JC

Nobody´s pointing out that down 13 points on the road, Collins threw 2 touchdown passes to take the lead. He put us in a position to win. Granted the picks were horrible, but Moss is partly to blame for the first one for flat-out quiting on the play. If he at least contests that, it´s not a pick. The best players for the Redskins today were a rookie (Landry) and a journeyman career backup qb. Nobody else showed up. Collins deserves a chance to compete for the starting job next year. They should get equal time in the preseason, and if Collins is playing as well as he is playing now, then he should be our starter. And don´t compare this to Brunell-Campbell in 2006. Brunell´s no-show in the 2005 playoffs wasn´t even close to Collins´performance today.

Nobody´s pointing out that down 13 points on the road, Collins threw 2 touchdown passes to take the lead. He put us in a position to win. Granted the picks were horrible, but Moss is partly to blame for the first one for flat-out quiting on the play. If he at least contests that, it´s not a pick. The best players for the Redskins today were a rookie (Landry) and a journeyman career backup qb. Nobody else showed up. Collins deserves a chance to compete for the starting job next year. They should get equal time in the preseason, and if Collins is playing as well as he is playing now, then he should be our starter. And don´t compare this to Brunell-Campbell in 2006. Brunell´s no-show in the 2005 playoffs wasn´t even close to Collins´performance today.

It helps doesn't when the defense gives a short field. This game showed you exactly why TC wont be able to handle a 16 game schedule. He is the perfect backup QB

....if you expect more from a QB who only has played slightly over a season of NFL football, methinks you expect too much. Hell, Campbell plays better than Eli Manning, who has had a lot more experience.

Jason

You are Correct

I shouldn't expect a Franchise QB.........yet

I should expect more than a Turnover Machine though

Lets hope JC took good notes....

TC vs JC will be interesting next year

For the record TC > JC > Eli

I think everyone makes pretty good points here. TC did get us back into position to win this game but he also made a terrible decision to throw to moss on that first pick. Moss claims to have lost it in the lights. If he did then he did. It doesn't really matter, we lost the game. I don't think they are the better team but they played better today than we did and thats all the really matters. Aside from about 5 minutes of play in the 3rd and 4th Quarters Seattle's D outplayed us. Its really that simple.

More important than reading a Blitz is being able to avoid it when the Hot route you called isnt open...:laugh:

There were also cases where TC was almost scared to scramble when he had open field..

There was another play down in the redzone where campbell would have walked into the endzone....There were 1st down left on the field that campbell probably could have scrambled for.....

There definitely first downs on some of those out patterns that require an adult throwing arm..

The out patterns that were barely batted away by the defense were 1st downs when JC was the QB.....If they were jumped they were throw so hard that DB hands couldnt not catch and it would bounce to the ground...

Todd Collins throws a catchable ball and that works for you and against you...

Sometimes in this league you need a gun to get it in there....

All of the talk about collins knowing the system means nothing when the DB guesses the route ...if you cant zip it in then you are dead against a good DB...If you are not mobile you are dead against a fast Defense...

Here is to a speedy recovery JC :cheers:

Archived