Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Needed Campbell To Beat Seattle (merged)

armada58

I was horrifed and mortified when I saw Collins "scramble", and I use that word very loosely. Hahahaha!

Collins definitely showed tremendous poise and ability over the past 4-5 weeks, but in no way do I EVER wanna see him run the ball. :)

I think Campbell would've made it more interesting, but I also think their fan noise would've gotten under his skin a bit.

I think the problem was probably that we thought that the hawks defense was soft. and that was our and the players mistake. they are a defense that Fly's around all over the field really. i think with Collins or JC it would have not made a diffrence!

So your basically saying there was no way in hell we could've won this game.. i see :doh:

At Philadelphia, End of 2nd Quarter. Touchdown Chris Cooley, Touchdown Washington Redskins!

EDIT:

I don't remember the quarter. But last game of the season last year. Giants at Redskins. Campbell sits back in the pocket, shimmy steps up in the pocket, doesn't set feet, lofts one to ARE who is given just enough room to get his two feet in and get out of bounds, and the drive continues.

:doh:

Funny how these things slip their minds.

And there's probably more.

2nd EDIT:

Last year, at Saints, can't remember quarter. Play action pass, Campbell drops back, hits Santana who has TWO defenders on him, right over the shoulder.

This year, Giants at Redskins, again, Santana double covered, Campbell fits it right over his shoulder for a big gain.

Anymore?

Get it NOW?

Short term memory?

Whats Funny is the announcer says.......

"Campbell LOFTING for Cooley....in the ENDZONE Hung on. TD Washington!"

JC did not Loft it OVER the DB.....he split the coverage but its close enough to concede the point

My issue with JC would be he needs to do this more

Dallas and Tampa are two examples

But I do feel better now :applause:

Whats Funny is the annoucer says.......

"Campbell LOFTING for Cooley....in the ENDZONE Hung on. TD Washington!"

JC did not Loft it OVER the DB.....he split the coverage but its close enough to concede the point

My issue with JC would be he needs to do this more

Dallas and Tampa are two examples

But I do feel better now :applause:

Yea. Check out the pass to ARE against the Giants last year. Last game of the season. To me, that is probably one of his best throws of his career so far. Hopefully more to come.:cheers:

we could of should of would of if it was in our hood of... bs.... our players needed to make catches when needed to... the most crucial catch was the cooley 10 yrd faded after the mix pick up.. we didnt need campbell. we needed receivers to step up and they didnt.

Yeah, and how many times did we need receivers to make key catches that JC threw right at their numbers? Right. Tons of them. His pass % would be so much higher if the receivers made catches they should have. JC had to play in so many games like yesterday's......now TC knows how he feels. You just cannot say TC is perfect and those 4 games were because of him, because you KNOW it that is NOT true. He had healthy receivers and O-Line protection, plus a heart the team had never had before. Collins was great to have, and is great to have, but I wish people would stop puffing him up to be the sole hero in all of this. We won those 4 games as a team-and Collins was a big part, that's it. Jason Campbell is the man who will only get better. Todd is the steady one who will remain steady.

choo ...chooo...

That's the sound of the Excuse Train coming through. Be sure to grab your tickets. No excuses. I guess his turnovers were due to Moss being a slouch as well?

We had Clinton Portis and a Pro-bowl tight end in Cooley. Moss is being paid big money to make plays, so why isn't he making them?

Fact is, Campbell is average at best. He has a strong arm, but his accuracy and pocket presence is a joke. A absolute joke.

well that's a pretty technical summary there!

But I must concede....ole Todd looked coooooooool as a cucumber yesterday!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This was a very negative, and basically non-productive thread. I wasn't going to reply -- but now feel a need to rip into this thread's premise.

As a personal side remark, it's starting to amaze me how Campbell fans are so worried he'll be unseated from starting QB -- that these kinds of threads get started. When I saw this, I couldn't believe we're bashing Collins after the job he's done these five games.doh.gif

In short, this thread's supporters are effectively blaming Collins for this loss; basing their position on the assumption that Campbell would have been healthy enough, quick enough, and accurate enough to beat Seattle today. This is idle speculation -- because I suspect Campbell would have been rusty, still recovering, and probably wouldn't have been near the same QB we saw at mid-season.

Hey, if you want to engage in speculation -- maybe if Collins had played against Buffalo or Tampa -- we might have won those games and not had to go to Qwest. . . . Or maybe Brunnell might have stepped in today and done better? . . .Or how about Sonny Jurgensen?

Hey, with this kind of idle, fantasy specutation -- the sky's the limit.fortune.gif

Look Campbell fans, one can safely assume that we'll still have Jason as our starting QB next year -- unless he really starts stinking up the place. However, I'd be glad if we had a #2 QB like Collins to keep Campbell from getting complacent.

As for the 2007 season's playoffs -- they are over. If you want to bash some Redskins for this loss -- or where we finished in the season -- I'd look at someone else than Campbell or Collins.

ummmm...there would apprear to be idle speculation all around.

Todd Collins was the right man at the right time. How many other teams in the NFL can say that they have a solid backup that they would be willing to put in down the stretch when it was crucial not to mention a guy who hasn't started in 10 years. Even if Jason Campbell was healthy it wouldn't have mattered. Seattle took a lot of our weapons away i.e. Chris Cooley had to block for most all of the game. We couldn't get deep to Moss and our offensive line couldn't stop the attack of the defense to let Portis get through let alone allow Collins enough time to throw. I feel good with what was done this year. Yes it was difficult during the 4 game slide but with the way the team bounced back and with all the tradgedy surrounding Sean Taylor's death, I think making it to the playoffs was a good way to cap off the season. Sure it would have been nice to go farther and travel to Dallas for another matchup but no sense in throwing Collins under the bus for what he did. I can't wait until next year, Go Skins!!!:logo::logo::logo::logo:

Everything happened the way it was supposed to happen.

The better team won and this team is looking ahead to next year and what they can do to improve.

Simple as that.

Could Jason have won the game? Sure, that's easy to say now but I don't think anyone was calling for him to start after what Todd'd done for four weeks;).

Not only were we witnesses to that but we were witnesses to another back-up quality player Campbell in games prior.

I've said it before but I hope like Hell Campbell shows me different but right now, he's not worthy.... not even worthy of you guys on this forum who are swinging from his bean sack singing praises he has yet to earn.

ummm....shows you what?

break it down by every friggin play since he assumed a starting role. most of you are windbags who seize on isolated mistakes; have no f'n clue what is going on behind the scenes/what the coaches are demanding; have no f'n clue how professional football people (you know...the ones who have a clue about the business...not some widget with an LCD) think about JC; have no f'n clue how all the players involved in each play (the ones you haven't haven't broken down) - properly or improperly intrepreted and responded to the defense thrown at them; have no f'n clue what was going on in JC's mind (any more than COllins) on any given play; have no f'n clue how any given play was set up by some specific previous play; how any player or combination of player mistakes led to a broken play.

this is combinatorial math kiddies....the variables are not independent for you beta hat wizards out there in cyberland....not....post hoc ergo propter hoc "The pass looked high on my Sony HDTV"

truth be told...it's all a bunch of happy horse*hit augmented by mindnumbingly pathetic "statistics"...the kind of statistical analysis that would ordinarily get one laughed out of a junior high math class.

well that's a pretty technical summary there!

But I must concede....ole Todd looked coooooooool as a cucumber yesterday!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, his O-line didn't help much, but most of his passes were on the money. It's ashame that a few of them were dropped. I'd rather took my chances with Collins then with Campbell.

Mark my words right here. If they do resign Collins, they'll bench Campbell if he struggles through the pre-season /start of reg season.

I don't think Collins is the answer either, but he's a better option than Jason Campbell. Trust me, I want to eat my words, but I've never been wrong on guessing busts. Campbell is a bust. Whether it's due to the system he's in or what not remains to be seen, but he will be a bust here at Washington.

ummm....shows you what?

break it down by every friggin play since he assumed a starting role. most of you are windbags who seize on isolated mistakes; have no f'n clue what is going on behind the scenes/what the coaches are demanding; have no f'n clue how professional football people (you know...the ones who have a clue about the business...not some widget with an LCD) think about JC; have no f'n clue how all the players involved in each play (the ones you haven't haven't broken down) - properly or improperly intrepreted and responded to the defense thrown at them; have no f'n clue what was going on in JC's mind (any more than COllins) on any given play; have no f'n clue how any given play was set up by some specific previous play; how any player or combination of player mistakes led to a broken play.

this is combinatorial math kiddies....the variables are not independent for you beta hat wizards out there in cyberland....not....post hoc ergo propter hoc "The pass looked high on my Sony HDTV"

truth be told...it's all a bunch of happy horse*hit augmented by mindnumbingly pathetic "statistics"...the kind of statistical analysis that would ordinarily get one laughed out of a junior high math class.

THANK YOU For this . Nice to see a voice of reason shut down the no-nothing knee jerkers on this site.

Congrats to you sir :applause: :applause: :cheers:

Well, his O-line didn't help much, but most of his passes were on the money. It's ashame that a few of them were dropped. I'd rather took my chances with Collins then with Campbell.

Mark my words right here. If they do resign Collins, they'll bench Campbell if he struggles through the pre-season /start of reg season.

I don't think Collins is the answer either, but he's a better option than Jason Campbell. Trust me, I want to eat my words, but I've never been wrong on guessing busts. Campbell is a bust. Whether it's due to the system he's in or what not remains to be seen, but he will be a bust here at Washington.

:laugh: :laugh:

You're funny.

Yes it Is

You are Wrong

TC > JC

Lets hope JC improves.....I expected more from him so far

Next Year he better deliver

Uh oh, or else what?

You will make another post that says "TC > JC?" Oh no!

For the first time we saw TC try to lead us back when we were down. That's something both QBs need to improve upon. Who's better? Unknown now, I think. There are pluses and minuses on both in general, but the clincher will be who can lead us back when we are down. There will always be times when the ball just doesn't bounce your way in a couple of places. The question is, who can lead us back. The greatest QBs today (eg Brady, Peyton) have to do it at times. I'd like to see it from our starting QB next year a couple of times. That would cool.

I felt like TC and JC both made critical mistakes at the worst times when we absolutely needed the best from them. That's when a QB can really show you something, I think. That's when you know you've got a team that can win the SB in this era (these days, there just aren't going to be a lot of teams who will run away with a win).

ummm....shows you what?

Checkmate.

:laugh:

Nice post, 62.

wow! calling a bust on just 17 games!

I don't know if JC will progress or not. I don't see bust yet.

I am good at seeing weaknesses and I called out TC's weaknesses early and saw what would happen. Good D's will eat his arse for lunch every time. yesterday was no fluke......

Archived