Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redskins Needed Campbell To Beat Seattle (merged)

armada58

Gibbs knows that JC is the better option for this team. Gibbs 2.0 is a failure if TC is ever announced as starting QB. He wont do that. He knows that JC is not the reason why they were 5-7

The biggest knock was that Campbell is a turnover machine. Collins did have 2 INTs and a fumble today...

It helps doesn't when the defense gives a short field. This game showed you exactly why TC wont be able to handle a 16 game schedule. He is the perfect backup QB

Kinda like Campbell couldn´t handle a 16 game schedule? You´re right, holding your ground in the pocket while the alarm clock in your head is ringing and hitting ARE for a td on 3rd down to cut the lead to six only to take the lead a couple plays later on a pinpoint bomb to Moss is all about the D. Ask yourself this: how many points did we leave on the field this year with Campbell with a short field?

Kinda like Campbell couldn´t handle a 16 game schedule? You´re right, holding your ground in the pocket while the alarm clock in your head is ringing and hitting ARE for a td on 3rd down to cut the lead to six only to take the lead a couple plays later on a pinpoint bomb to Moss is all about the D. Ask yourself this: how many points did we leave on the field this year with Campbell with a short field?

Why don't you move your kneecap to the side of your leg, move it back and tell me if you can play football next week? :doh:

It's about learning an offense. CAmpbell is obviously the more talented qb because when things broke down for Collins he didn't make great plays.

More important than reading a Blitz is being able to avoid it when the Hot route you called isnt open...:laugh:

There were also cases where TC was almost scared to scramble when he had open field..

There was another play down in the redzone where campbell would have walked into the endzone....There were 1st down left on the field that campbell probably could have scrambled for.....

There definitely first downs on some of those out patterns that require an adult throwing arm..

The out patterns that were barely batted away by the defense were 1st downs when JC was the QB.....If they were jumped they were throw so hard that DB hands couldnt not catch and it would bounce to the ground...

Todd Collins throws a catchable ball and that works for you and against you...

Sometimes in this league you need a gun to get it in there....

All of the talk about collins knowing the system means nothing when the DB guesses the route ...if you cant zip it in then you are dead against a good DB...If you are not mobile you are dead against a fast Defense...

Here is to a speedy recovery JC :cheers:

Hell yes!! Here's a man who saw exactly what I saw.

when did we have a short field with campbell? :doh:

Campbell survived 2 serious injuires and still was a solider and could have came back this year if warranted. TC= those hits out for career. TC body wouldn't be able to handle the stress and just longetivity of the season

So basically Campbell is the better option cause he is a better scrambler? Come on guys. Campbell may have a stronger arm but Collins wins almost all of the other categories. He has better pocket presence (which is saying a lot), he reads plays quicker and is much better at improvising, and is more accurate. What good is a strong-arm qb if he consistently misses the deep throw? As much as I like Campbell, nothing about this season makes me think he wins this game. Honestly, Campbell doesn´t deserve to be in the argument here. He had nothing to do with this playoff run. He wouldn´t have won a single game in this playoff run, but all of a sudden he would have walked into Qwest Field and won a playoff game? People want to continue to ignore Collins because of his pedigree, or lack thereof, but if he can do what he did today, why wouldnt you want him to be out there for us? Compared to Brunell, Campbell deserves our support, but compared to Collins, he needs to earn it.

I should expect more than a Turnover Machine though

I'd hardly call 11 interceptions in 13 games a "turnover machine". Hell, Eli has never had less than 17 interceptions in a season.

Certainly, he can improve, but I don't think his production is out of line from most young QBs. Look around and you will find that young QBs turn the ball over, particularly when they feel the pressure to make plays.

Jason

No, this is not an anti-Collins thread. A write this post with every bit of respect and admiration for what Collins has done for The Redskins the last few weeks.

We needed Campbell as our starting QB in order to win this game. We needed his athleticism, escpecially in the first half, to make some plays for this offense. The types of plays that Collins is simply not able to make. Avoiding the rush and scrambling, throwing a lazer beam on some of the out patterns, buying some time on the pocket with quick feet. These are the types of intangibles that would have been VERY helpful and, I believe, would have made a significant difference. This is exactly the type of game where a guy like Campbell can make the difference for us. He knows that. We truly missed him today. The last few weeks we haven't necessarily missed Campbell as much as we have embraced Collins, and the roll we were on. Today, we needed Campbell. Today was the day where Campbell being injured truly hurt this team.

I still, to this day, feel truly blessed to have a franchise QB. I consider myself lucky that he gets to mature in front of my eyes. These are the kinds of games that Campbell will win in the future. This may sound strange, but I think Campbell watching Collins the last few weeks may have been a HUGE benefit to his development.

It was a great run. I am proud of this team and proud to call myself a die hard Redskins Fan. I am looking forward to 2008.

Campbell would have made no difference.

With no offensive line and little defense, how are you going to win?

You aren't.

See ya next season.

when things broke down for Collins he didn't make great plays.

Honestly, have you watched any games since Campbell went down? Collins has made some enormous plays by looking for his 3rd and sometimes 4th options, or improvising a route for a td. Just look at the ARE touchdown today. No, he isn´t a great scrambler, but he is much better than Campbell at standing in the pocket until the very last second and making a play. Granted, today he was under a lot more pressure, but he still found a way to make plays. I don´t know what else we can ask of the guy.

I'd hardly call 11 interceptions in 13 games a "turnover machine". Hell, Eli has never had less than 17 interceptions in a season.

Certainly, he can improve, but I don't think his production is out of line from most young QBs. Look around and you will find that young QBs turn the ball over, particularly when they feel the pressure to make plays.

Jason

Jason, 11 INT's with 8 fumbles.

19 TO's in 12 games... yeah... thats a TO machine :(

Honestly, have you watched any games since Campbell went down? Collins has made some enormous plays by looking for his 3rd and sometimes 4th options, or improvising a route for a td. Just look at the ARE touchdown today. No, he isn´t a great scrambler, but he is much better than Campbell at standing in the pocket until the very last second and making a play. Granted, today he was under a lot more pressure, but he still found a way to make plays. I don´t know what else we can ask of the guy.

I have seen every minute of every game this season, thank you. :)

I'm not talking about looking for a 3rd or 4th option. I'm talking if the play is completely broken down and the offense needs something to happen, Campbell is a better playmaker in those situations. I'm not trashing Collins. He's a great backup. I hope he signs here again; but Campbell is the playmaker, Collins knows the system. If Campbell gets 7 years to learn the same system, I'm sure he'd be pretty good in there too.

Look. Plain and simple TC is a backup and for a very key reason....he floats all his passes.

Seattle beat us by doing the smart thing-taking away the middle when they could and making TC try to throw the sideline, fade, or out patterns. He doesn't have the strength or I should say the accuracy with the strength to make those throws.

I don't know if Jason develops into a franchise QB, but I do know he has the arm to make these throws and that's at least something good to start with.

You do the math...

(this doesnt include drives where we ran the ball to run out the clock..)

MIA- 0 short fields

NYG- Drive started at the New York 6 ( Was TD)

DET- Drive started at the DET 3 ( WAS TD)

Drive started at the DET 29 ( FG) ( we ran the ball 5 straight times up 31-3 already )

Green bay - Drive started at GB 48 ( Santana Moss fumble )

Arizona- Drive started at ARI 26 ( WAS TD )

Drive started at ARI 21 ( 2 runs , a sack & then Missed FG )

NE- Oh please...:laugh: ..Drive started at NE 45 (Campbell fumble )

NY jets- 0 short fields

PHI- Drive started at the PHI 36 ( WAS TD)

Drive started at the PHI 24 ( 7 straight run plays and then a FG)

DAL - rive started at the Dallas 40 ( The imfamous INT he is blindly judged by)

Tampa Bay- 0 short fields

Buffalo- 0 short fields

Chicago- 0 short fields for campbell

Now what were you saying again about short fields and point being left?...

and that was for 12 games with injured playmakers and horrible O line play and all..:laugh:

On the other hand our D has been handing us the ball the last few games..

Jason, 11 INT's with 8 fumbles.

19 TO's in 12 games... yeah... thats a TO machine :(

That's how many INTs Romo sits to pee has this year... Is he a TO machine? Along with 10 fumbles... But he's the next Favre :laugh:

Jason is a young guy learning. He does need to learn how to throw the ball away. That's where most of his fumbles came from. The play was busted and he was trying to get out of the pocket so he could make a play. This is where many of his fumbles came from.

You do the math...

(this doesnt include drives where we ran the ball to run out the clock..)

MIA- 0 short fields

NYG- Drive started at the New York 6 ( Was TD)

DET- Drive started at the DET 3 ( WAS TD)

Drive started at the DET 29 ( FG) ( we ran the ball 5 straight times up 31-3 already )

Green bay - Drive started at GB 48 ( Santana Moss fumble )

Arizona- Drive started at ARI 26 ( WAS TD )

Drive started at ARI 21 ( 2 runs , a sack & then Missed FG )

NE- Oh please...:laugh: ..Drive started at NE 45 (Campbell fumble )

NY jets- 0 short fields

PHI- Drive started at the PHI 36 ( WAS TD)

Drive started at the PHI 24 ( 7 straight run plays and then a FG)

DAL - rive started at the Dallas 40 ( The imfamous INT he is blindly judged by)

Tampa Bay- 0 short fields

Buffalo- 0 short fields

Chicago- 0 short fields for campbell

Now what were you saying again about short fields and point being left?...

and that was for 12 games with injured playmakers and horrible O line play and all..:laugh:

On the other hand our D has been handing us the ball the last few games..

Damn! Little bit of ownage there.

I'm becoming an Uno Boss fan. Draw 4, Campbell haters!!

That's how many INTs Romo sits to pee has this year... Is he a TO machine? Along with 10 fumbles... But he's the next Favre :laugh:

Jason is a young guy learning. He does need to learn how to throw the ball away. That's where most of his fumbles came from. The play was busted and he was trying to get out of the pocket so he could make a play. This is where many of his fumbles came from.

Skins... I think you are missing the point...

JC had 19 TO's compared to 12 TD's. -7

Romo sits to pee had 21 TO's compared to 36 TD's. + 15

Also, JC had 2 less TO's in 4 less games.

If your gonna turn the ball over 25 times a year, fine. Just make sure you make up for it by throwing for more then 25

See the difference?

:2cents:

will this ever end?

- every DC in the league will put together the same gameplan....addressing his defense thus: "Meet here where I draw the X. He aint goin nowhere."

- TC is not a playmaker...he's a time manager.

- he can't throw much over 35/40 yards.

- he isn't flexible when circumstances change.

He didn't make plays today. Quit passing the buck. They lost.

Skins... I think you are missing the point...

JC had 19 TO's compared to 12 TD's. -7

Romo sits to pee had 21 TO's compared to 36 TD's. + 15

Also, JC had 2 less TO's in 4 less games.

If your gonna turn the ball over 25 times a year, fine. Just make sure you make up for it by throwing for more then 25

See the difference?

:2cents:

no..I don't. I see TO playing for Romo sits to pee. now that is a difference with real meaning.

No, they needed aggressive play-calling like they had the past 4 weeks. Run, run, pass isn't always going to work, especially if you're Gibbs who likes to run the ball! You have to mix up the plays, put in 4 WRs, spread out the field. Sellers is a good blocker, but he isn't a playmaker and shouldn't be on the field on passing downs. Seattle mainly rushed 4 d-linemen and there is NO excuse for 5-6 o-linemen not blocking them! This loss is squarely on the offensive coaches' playcalling AGAIN!

Archived